ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 12
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Round 1 targets
staylor26 01:33 PM 12-28-2020
WR:

Rashod Bateman, Minnesota
Kadarius Toney, Florida
Terrace Marshall, LSU


TE:

Pat Freiermuth, Penn St.

OL:

Alijah Vera-Tucker, T/G, USC
Liam Eichenberg, T, Notre Dame
Jalen Mayfield, T, Michigan
Samuel Cosmi, T, Texas

DE:

Azeez Ojulari, Georgia
Jaelan Phillips, Miami
Jayson Oweh, Penn St.
[Reply]
O.city 10:29 AM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They just signed Antonio Callaway who was excellent as a rookie and runs a sub 4.4. He would be an excellent replacement for Robinson who I think will get priced out of KC.

I still think we need a game changer though. The emergence of Danna and Wharton make DE not as big of a need, but I think it’s still important.

We need depth at WR and DE badly with so many guys not being reliable and also being FA’s.
Yeah, those are spots that you could (should) probably draft one every year in the early rounds. Like the Eagles DL or the Wash DL etc. Just keep stockpiling dudes there and let it shake out.

You guys have convinced me on a WR early, although I'd be kinda shocked if they took one that early.

My expectation isn't that the dude is a game changer day one though. He would be able to sit and develop while getting his feet wet.
[Reply]
O.city 10:32 AM 01-20-2021
I think you gotta look at a DE somewhere.

We need pass rushers in a bad way and Frank aint doin much.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:47 AM 01-20-2021
What does everyone think about Amon-Ra St. Brown?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:05 AM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I was talking to Dane about free agent WR's this season. They need to take a few fliers and try to hit some cheap type players in this years WR FA market which shoudl be deflated financially due to the amoutn in the draft and in free agency.

A solid albeit if unspectacular type of #3 or #4 type WR with some upside.
And that would mean we still need another game breaker at WR to replace Watkins.

That would have to come from the draft.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:06 AM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think you gotta look at a DE somewhere.

We need pass rushers in a bad way and Frank aint doin much.
Absolutely. It's the biggest position of need and should be a priority if the draft falls that way.

I personally want a WR but that would be secondary to getting a good DE if one falls.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:41 AM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They just signed Antonio Callaway who was excellent as a rookie and runs a sub 4.4..
Callaway signed a Future's Contract while Tajae Sharpe is on the PS. It's likely that both will compete for a bottom of the roster spot.

Originally Posted by RunKC:
He would be an excellent replacement for Robinson who I think will get priced out of KC.
People said that last year as well.

Why?

Robinson hasn't proven to be anything other than being a JAG. He isn't nearly as good as Chris Conley and while he'll make a spectacular catch here and there, he'll also drop easy catches that should be made.

In 5 years, he's averaged less than 300 yards and 2 TD's a season, the last three of which have been with Patrick Mahomes. If some team wants to pay him more than Vet Minimum, let them have him.

Tajae Sharpe averaged more yards and TD's his initial 3 seasons in Tennessee with the likes of Mariota and Tannehill. Can you imagine Robinson's numbers had he been in Tennessee?
[Reply]
staylor26 11:41 AM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
What does everyone think about Amon-Ra St. Brown?
Solid prospect, but I just donít see him being in our range either way.

Heís probably a early-mid 2nd round pick, especially with Olave going back to school.
[Reply]
O.city 11:44 AM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
And that would mean we still need another game breaker at WR to replace Watkins.

That would have to come from the draft.
At this point, right away atleast, I dont' think the need is for a "game breaker". It's my belief that Hardman should develop nicely into that.

They need some filler around those guys and I think there are a few nice midlevel options in free agency. The high end guys need to come from the draft to be developed there.

They've been good without Watkins this year so I don't think you have to have an elite level dude there right away.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:47 AM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Absolutely. It's the biggest position of need and should be a priority if the draft falls that way.

I personally want a WR but that would be secondary to getting a good DE if one falls.
This is exactly where I'm at as well. WR and DE are the priority but if there's no one of value left at those positions, I wouldn't be surprised to see a superstud CB or maybe even a CB/Safety go at #32 or of course, a trade back.

I like Breeland but there's no guarantee he'll return next season and while Ward has speed, which IMO is his biggest asset, he certainly has not progressed as one would expect.

I can't see the Chiefs shelling out in excess of $8 million per for Ward, unless he just blows up this post-season and in 2021 and even then, they might be better off letting him walk and taking the Comp Pick.
[Reply]
O.city 11:49 AM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
This is exactly where I'm at as well. WR and DE are the priority but if there's no one of value left at those positions, I wouldn't be surprised to see a superstud CB or maybe even a CB/Safety go at #32 or of course, a trade back.

I like Breeland but there's no guarantee he'll return next season and while Ward has speed, which IMO is his biggest asset, he certainly has not progressed as one would expect.

I can't see the Chiefs shelling out in excess of $8 million per for Ward, unless he just blows up this post-season and in 2021 and even then, they might be better off letting him walk and taking the Comp Pick.
CB is interesting to me, but if they think Baker recovers fine I think it could wait a bit.

DE or WR seems likely. If there were a TE they loved that fell that might make some sense.

I'm interested to see how the IOL spot works out as we go thru this process.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:58 AM 01-20-2021
This corner class is pretty bad.

I doubt a corner comes off the board in the top 15 picks, and I don’t see more than 2 going in the 1st.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:02 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
If there were a TE they loved that fell that might make some sense.
I can't see a TE at #32. Kelce is only 31 while coming off his best season as a pro and the best season ever for a tight end.

He's going to play at a high level for at least the next 3 years, so taking a TE early makes zero sense when there are needs everywhere else on the roster.
[Reply]
O.city 12:07 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This corner class is pretty bad.

I doubt a corner comes off the board in the top 15 picks, and I donít see more than 2 going in the 1st.
Outside of Surtain, I dunno that there's anyone there I really like.

The LT from USC is really interesting to me but I doubt he gets to 32.
[Reply]
O.city 12:09 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I can't see a TE at #32. Kelce is only 31 while coming off his best season as a pro and the best season ever for a tight end.

He's going to play at a high level for at least the next 3 years, so taking a TE early makes zero sense when there are needs everywhere else on the roster.
I wouldn't look to replace as much as play with Kelce. It would help in the run game as well if we could play more 2 tight end stuff.

They use Kelce more as a WR anyway, so another athlete there would or could help.
[Reply]
O.city 12:10 PM 01-20-2021
I like the TE from Miami, maybe in round 3ish.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 12
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up