ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Round 1 targets
staylor26 01:33 PM 12-28-2020
WR:

Rashod Bateman, Minnesota
Kadarius Toney, Florida
Terrace Marshall, LSU


TE:

Pat Freiermuth, Penn St.

OL:

Alijah Vera-Tucker, T/G, USC
Liam Eichenberg, T, Notre Dame
Jalen Mayfield, T, Michigan
Samuel Cosmi, T, Texas

DE:

Azeez Ojulari, Georgia
Jaelan Phillips, Miami
Jayson Oweh, Penn St.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:30 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
They don't need game changers. They need reliable and solid. Someone like Zach Pascal or Willie Snead
Baloney.

Reliable and solid players gets you a reliable and solid offense that can't win championships.

See 1989-1999, 2001-2006, and 2013-2016.

This team needs playmakers, period.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:54 PM 01-19-2021
I will totally get behind whatever Veach decides, but my personal preference would be leaning towards a DE in round 1. Of course, we don't know how it shakes out and what have you, but that would be my preference. I think there are a couple of good options that seem like they might be there.
[Reply]
O.city 08:15 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Baloney.

Reliable and solid players gets you a reliable and solid offense that can't win championships.

See 1989-1999, 2001-2006, and 2013-2016.

This team needs playmakers, period.
In free agency this year, they need some solid and realizable wrs. Find your stars in the draft
[Reply]
RunKC 08:27 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It doesnít have to be the in the 1st, but I think the value will be there at WR (and DE) in the 1st.

Those are the 2 positions Iím focused on there based on what could/should be available.

Either way, I think youíre taking a WR before day 3.
Yeah Iíd like a DE and WR in the first 2 rds. It will be time to move on from Sammy and Frank soon
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:28 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Kelce, maybe. Hill? Dude is only 26 and with his speed, it'll be a long, long, long time before he begins to decline.

I mean, look at Emmanuel Sanders. The dude is 33 years old and is still putting up 750-800 yards or more per season.

Yeah, I think Hill will age well. Main thing is keeping the pipeline of elite weapons pumping. Given the time it takes a WR to get up to speed in this system.. you need to think a few years ahead, IMO.

Now, maybe you can snag a guy like Marquez Stevenson a little later in the draft and develop him. Someone with the raw tools and upside.

I wonít complain if they take a T or DE at 32. I would be excited about Jaelan Phillips for sure. A T like Teven Jenkins or even Alijah Vera-Tucker (who can play LT, Rt, or G) would be a boon.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:33 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I just want to make teams pay for defending us the way they do.

Year 3 Hardman, year 2 CEH, improvements on the OL, and a rookie WR like Toney or Marshall would truly make this offense unstoppable.
Donít forget Damien Williams. Every time CEH comes off the field right now thereís nobody out there that can be an efficient receiver out of the backfield.

Having that every down next year will kick this offense up a notch
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:01 PM 01-19-2021
I think the Chiefs need to take a RB on Day 3.

I wouldn’t count on Damien Williams because the guy is constantly injured, will have missed a full season (which could be good or bad) and he’ll be 29 years old to start the season.

It’s pretty clear that Reid doesn’t trust Darwin Award Thompson, so they need to beef up the RB room.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:07 PM 01-19-2021
I love it! Kudos! Marshall will be gone and is a pipe dream.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:14 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I think the Chiefs need to take a RB on Day 3.

I wouldnít count on Damien Williams because the guy is constantly injured, will have missed a full season (which could be good or bad) and heíll be 29 years old to start the season.

Itís pretty clear that Reid doesnít trust Darwin Award Thompson, so they need to beef up the RB room.
Khalil Herbert from VTech is my guy at RB on day 3.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:53 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yeah Iíd like a DE and WR in the first 2 rds. It will be time to move on from Sammy and Frank soon
That's about where I lean. Would probably go WR Round 1.

I know it's early, but I have a good feeling a special WR will fall to us.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:40 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
In free agency this year, they need some solid and realizable wrs. Find your stars in the draft
It's going to be really, really hard for them to be active in free agency.

But yeah, that's exactly what I'm advocating. I'm really confused. You said we need "solid and reliable" in a draft thread and now you're saying to draft playmakers.
[Reply]
In58men 07:07 AM 01-20-2021
I don’t understand why we need RB in round 1 after drafting CEH?


We need to upgrade the OL and he’ll be fine.


WR in round 1, Toney and a some OL after, maybe rounds 2 and 4.
[Reply]
O.city 09:48 AM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's going to be really, really hard for them to be active in free agency.

But yeah, that's exactly what I'm advocating. I'm really confused. You said we need "solid and reliable" in a draft thread and now you're saying to draft playmakers.
I was talking to Dane about free agent WR's this season. They need to take a few fliers and try to hit some cheap type players in this years WR FA market which shoudl be deflated financially due to the amoutn in the draft and in free agency.

A solid albeit if unspectacular type of #3 or #4 type WR with some upside.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:09 AM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I was talking to Dane about free agent WR's this season. They need to take a few fliers and try to hit some cheap type players in this years WR FA market which shoudl be deflated financially due to the amoutn in the draft and in free agency.

A solid albeit if unspectacular type of #3 or #4 type WR with some upside.
They just signed Antonio Callaway who was excellent as a rookie and runs a sub 4.4. He would be an excellent replacement for Robinson who I think will get priced out of KC.

I still think we need a game changer though. The emergence of Danna and Wharton make DE not as big of a need, but I think itís still important.

We need depth at WR and DE badly with so many guys not being reliable and also being FAís.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:26 AM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
I donít understand why we need RB in round 1 after drafting CEH?


We need to upgrade the OL and heíll be fine.


WR in round 1, Toney and a some OL after, maybe rounds 2 and 4.
Who said we need a RB in round 1?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up