ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 79
« First < 51112131415 161718192565 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Covers you like better than the original.
BigMeatballDave 01:29 PM 09-17-2015
I don't remember if we've done this before, but if we have, bite me. :-)

Manfred Mann: Blinded by the light

Bruce Springsteen:
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:03 AM 09-26-2015
Killin me Softly bad ass cover.

[Reply]
rico 06:56 AM 09-26-2015
Originally Posted by Saccopoo:
Turn it up!

I love both versions... this one and that one by Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazelwood. I named my youngest daughter, Phaedra....got that name from this song.
[Reply]
rico 06:58 AM 09-26-2015
Originally Posted by Kaepernick:
/thread

[Reply]
Al Bundy 07:04 AM 09-26-2015

MUCH better than...

[Reply]
rico 09-26-2015, 07:04 AM
This message has been deleted by rico.
rico 07:08 AM 09-26-2015
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Hurt, Nine Inch Nails.

Sorry Johnny Cash.

I HATE the fact that Johnny Cash covered that song!!! HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE IT!!!! In a way, him covering that song has ruined that awesome NIN song for me... and it all has to do with how people responded to his version compared to Trent's and people thinking NIN covered it!!! Even when I hear Trent's version now, I catch myself thinking about how much the cover pisses me off. And I wouldn't mind the cover if I didn't feel NIN's version was disrespected as a result of it/mixed up as being the cover itself.... I mean, hell....it was a HUGE pat on the back for Trent, from Johnny that he wanted to cover that song...who would have guessed Johnny Cash was merely familiar with NIN tunes?!?!?!
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:22 AM 09-26-2015
Last one, another Radiohead cover. Climbing the Walls. The video is pretty crazy, and the music is dark. Such a good song.

[Reply]
Saccopoo 10:36 AM 09-26-2015
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:

MUCH better than...
Q...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...8&postcount=80

And you are missing the best cover of that song...which is Flunk's version.
[Reply]
Miles 11:03 AM 09-26-2015
Originally Posted by rico:
I HATE the fact that Johnny Cash covered that song!!! HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE IT!!!! In a way, him covering that song has ruined that awesome NIN song for me... and it all has to do with how people responded to his version compared to Trent's and people thinking NIN covered it!!! Even when I hear Trent's version now, I catch myself thinking about how much the cover pisses me off. And I wouldn't mind the cover if I didn't feel NIN's version was disrespected as a result of it/mixed up as being the cover itself.... I mean, hell....it was a HUGE pat on the back for Trent, from Johnny that he wanted to cover that song...who would have guessed Johnny Cash was merely familiar with NIN tunes?!?!?!
Really like NIN and not much of a Johnny Cash fan but his cover is really damn good as is the original. Hardly ruined the song for me and just amused when people don't realized the source. Similar amusement from Reznor being an Academy Award winner.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:11 AM 09-26-2015
This is the one that always comes to mind for me:

[Reply]
Miles 11:12 AM 09-26-2015
Had forgotten how great the video of Cash's cover was and the lyrics working so well for a guy knowing he was on his final days reflecting back.

[Reply]
Miles 11:22 AM 09-26-2015
Youtube lead me to this version with Bowie that is pretty cool

[Reply]
srvy 11:44 AM 09-26-2015
Dolly penned this song as a farewell to Porter Wagoner and The Grand Ole Opry.

Whitney took it to another level with her voice but never once gave Dolly credit for a wonderfully written song.

My favorite other then Dolly's original

[Reply]
srvy 12:00 PM 09-26-2015
Keith Richards pays tribute to Gram Parsons classic.

Tuttles do it proud here.

[Reply]
Kaepernick 01:40 PM 09-26-2015
I would never think a cover of Layla would beat the original, and it doesn't. But I like Clapton's unplugged version of Layla just as much as the original, which is weird because it has no power.

The original Layla, Clapton slits his wrists and bleeds all over the song sheet.

The unplugged version is completely at peace.

What a dichotomy, yet I like them equally. Just... strange.
[Reply]
Saccopoo 01:51 PM 09-26-2015
Originally Posted by Kaepernick:
I would never think a cover of Layla would beat the original, and it doesn't. But I like Clapton's unplugged version of Layla just as much as the original, which is weird because it has no power.

The original Layla, Clapton slits his wrists and bleeds all over the song sheet.

The unplugged version is completely at peace.

What a dichotomy, yet I like them equally. Just... strange.
I was listening to an NPR interview with Margo Timmins of the Cowboy Junkies and they do their hit "Misguided Angel" completely different than how it was originally recorded based on just her perceptions of the situation as presented in the song and how time would have changed those perceptions. It went from love to regret and it's a terrific re-interpretation of the original by the same artist.

Also, artists will change how they do songs a lot based on how someone has covered their original. Go listen to the "Crazy In Love" cover that I posted by Antony and the Johnsons and then go listen to how Beyonce re-did her original for the movie "50 Shades of Grey." She basically covered the cover.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 79
« First < 51112131415 161718192565 > Last »
Up