ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 332 of 2691
« First < 232282322328329330331332 3333343353363423824328321332 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:35 PM 07-26-2017
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
NO IS HE GOOD??!!

He'll be a fine pro, but his situation in college hardly demonstrated or showed him to be a gritty 4th quarter QB
[Reply]
Black Bob 06:36 PM 07-26-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
No. Just no.

I actually went to one or two Bison games at the Fargodome when Wentz was QB. Have you even seen any of his games from college?

[Reply]
Black Bob 06:41 PM 07-26-2017
He'll be a fine pro, but his situation in college hardly demonstrated or showed him to be a gritty 4th quarter QB
You guys really overthink this. It's about leadership. It's not about making five pinpoint throws every time to win the game. Wentz executed an eight minute - 18 play drive to win a playoff game. It's the difference.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:39 PM 07-26-2017
Originally Posted by Black Bob:
You guys really overthink this. It's about leadership. It's not about making five pinpoint throws every time to win the game. Wentz executed an eight minute - 18 play drive to win a playoff game. It's the difference.
And given the shitty as fuck defense Mahomes was working with, he didn't exactly have many opportunities to demonstrate that he could be a reliable guy who would get the job done, did he?

And for all the college guys who won big games in the fashion you described in college, how many of those QBs ended up being terrible pro guys?

Basically, I think you're overrating the "toughness" thing, particularly from college guys. Yeah, you want that trait in a pro QB, but you still gotta have high aptitude to get the job done. Watson has far more in common with Tim Tebow coming out of college than he does Jameis Winston.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:03 PM 07-26-2017
Chiefs defense hands Mahomes a ball.
"Have an extra set of downs on us".
"Time for another TD", says Mahomes.

Chiefs defense hands Smith a ball.
"I'm pretty sure we can get 3", says Smith.

And that concludes the lesson of the day.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 08:15 PM 07-26-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Chiefs defense hands Mahomes a ball.
"Time for another TD", says Mahomes.

Chiefs defense hands Smith a ball.
"I'm pretty sure I can set up the punter!", says Smith.

And that concludes the lesson of the day.

FYP
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:27 PM 07-26-2017
And given the shitty as **** defense Mahomes was working with, he didn't exactly have many opportunities to demonstrate that he could be a reliable guy who would get the job done, did he?
:-) :-)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:36 PM 07-26-2017
I made an analogy a month or so before the draft that described why I had Mahomes as QB1 as opposed to Watson, Trubisky, etc.

Hypothetically, lets say that Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers are A+ quarterbacks, Philip Rivers is a A-, Joe Flacco is a B-, Ryan Tannehill is a C, and Blake Bortles is a D-.

To me, with guys like Watson and Trubisky, I saw their floor as somewhere in that D range, with ceilings in the B range. Mahomes on the other hand-- I believe has the rare A+ ceiling. Not saying he will get there, not saying that he won't. But I believe that he is physically capable-- more so than Watson or most QBs who are drafted.

In the Chiefs case-- trading up 17 spots and giving up extra draft capital warrants a swing for the fence. To make a bold move like that, you need to be aiming big long-term.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:56 PM 07-26-2017
Philip Rivers is overrated. He throws too many INTs to considered great IMO... He's above average but nothing more.

He's a hell of a competitor and when he gets hot he is as good as anyone but he takes too many chances which hurts his team in the turnover battle which is a very important stat when it comes to winning and losing games as we all know from the Marty years and more recently I would say from the conservative Alex Smith style of play years.

You look at Brady, sure he throws a bunch of TDs but since he has become an elite QB his INTs are always low. Combine that with BBs defensive genius and the Pats are a top team every year.

Rivers doesn't do his defense any favors when he throws 21 INTs in a season like he did last year, 18 in 2014, 15 in 2012 and 20 in 2011. That's simply too much. He's a good QB but no way is he great. He also (much like Romo) seems to throw INTs at the worst possible time. Not that there ever is a good time to do it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:58 PM 07-26-2017
"Alex Smith? Yeah I saw your QB. Flopping around on the practice field like a wounded duck. When you gonna learn, suckers. You just can't fuck with...***GUITAR SQUEALING OVER DEEP BOMBS***"

[Reply]
New World Order 09:06 PM 07-26-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Philip Rivers is overrated. He throws too many INTs to considered great IMO... He's above average but nothing more.

He's a hell of a competitor and when he gets hot he is as good as anyone but he takes too many chances which hurts his team in the turnover battle which is a very important stat when it comes to winning and losing games as we all know from the Marty years and more recently I would say from the conservative Alex Smith style of play years.

You look at Brady, sure he throws a bunch of TDs but since he has become an elite QB his INTs are always low. Combine that with BBs defensive genius and the Pats are a top team every year.

Rivers doesn't do his defense any favors when he throws 21 INTs in a season like he did last year, 18 in 2014, 15 in 2012 and 20 in 2011. That's simply too much. He's a good QB but no way is he great. He also (much like Romo) seems to throw INTs at the worst possible time. Not that there ever is a good time to do it.
Yes, the conservative low risk style of play has worked well for us.

1 playoff win in 23 years.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:11 PM 07-26-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Yes, the conservative low risk style of play has worked well for us.

1 playoff win in 23 years.
The Chiefs had a conservative offense under Vermeil?
[Reply]
splatbass 09:26 PM 07-26-2017
Originally Posted by dls6501:
Bottom line is, sitting star QB prospects has become a thing of the past. Whether or not it is the right move for Mahomes is not for me to say.

But top QBs dont sit anymore. Period.
When they have a very complicated offense to learn, and need a lot of work on technique, and at the same time there is a veteran QB that wins a lot of games, then it is the best thing to do.

It doesn't matter at all what other teams do. Not at all. The only thing that matters is what is best for THIS team, and for THIS QB.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:30 PM 07-26-2017
Originally Posted by splatbass:
When they have a very complicated offense to learn, and need a lot of work on technique, and at the same time there is a veteran QB that wins a lot of games, then it is the best thing to do.

It doesn't matter at all what other teams do. Not at all. The only thing that matters is what is best for THIS team, and for THIS QB.
This is Alex's year. His qbr will be tops in the league.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:39 PM 07-26-2017
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
This is Alex's year. His qbr will be tops in the league.
I love it when you go down this road.:-)
[Reply]
Page 332 of 2691
« First < 232282322328329330331332 3333343353363423824328321332 > Last »
Up