ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Hall of Classics>What would you do if your neighbor....
petegz28 09:07 PM 01-10-2009
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Is the guys house the one with the red door? Or one of the houses that has their back to yours.
Yes, the red door is his house. The house with the big light in the front yard. And trust me, being serious as I can with you Zach, all bullshit aside, it is twice as bright as our streetlights ans personally I do not know how hos neighbords tolerate it.

All I know is when I sit down to dinner at my dining room table or on my deck it is like someone shining a bright flashlight right in your face.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:11 PM 02-13-2009
Originally Posted by frazod:
Pellet gun.

After you've shot the bulb out enough times, they'll get the message.
Bump.
[Reply]
Carlota69 03:36 PM 01-09-2009
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Ok, as some of you have heard me complain before, the neighbors who live behind me\across the street installed a 10ft lamppost in their front yard. It is excessively bright. I by that I mean it outshines the streetlights easily. The ligh illuminates the entire backside of my house meaning it shines right through my dining room wind and bedroom window. I cannot sit on my deck when it is on as it is like having a light shined righ tin your face.

So, what I have done so far....I tolderated it and paid $500 to put in a tree to help block it. That does a meh job. So I thought oh well until....CHRISTMAS TIME! What is so special about CHRISTMAS TIME and the Lamp? I will tell you....

The people put exterior x-mas lights on their home and guess what...they had to turn off their light so they could be seen. Day after x-mas the light was back on in all of its blinding beauty.

So I finally looke dup the code and found an "Unlawul Illumination" code that states basically your light cannot shine across your property line to the point it is a nuiscance. So I filed a complaint with the city.

The city in turn said this is an exception to municiple code and they forwarded it to the Police. The Police contacted me and said they are waiting for the blessing from the city prosector to allow a citation. This is where it gets good...

If they do get the blessing, I of course have to sign a complaint and possibly appear in court to have the light dimmed or removed.

I am half willing to accept reimbursement for the $500 for the tree I put in, though that does me no good in the winter. The wife says I should let it go. My best friemd says "**** em' they should of thought about that when they put in the light".

So would you follow it all the way to court? Or am I being a bigger dick than usual? :-)
Personally, if the light is a huge nussance to the point that you can't enjoy serenity in your backyard, or bedroom, I'd be in court.
[Reply]
wutamess 03:36 PM 01-09-2009
Ok, as some of you have heard me complain before, the neighbors who live behind me\across the street installed a 10ft lamppost in their front yard. It is excessively bright. I by that I mean it outshines the streetlights easily. The ligh illuminates the entire backside of my house meaning it shines right through my dining room wind and bedroom window. I cannot sit on my deck when it is on as it is like having a light shined righ tin your face.

So, what I have done so far....I tolderated it and paid $500 to put in a tree to help block it. That does a meh job. So I thought oh well until....CHRISTMAS TIME! What is so special about CHRISTMAS TIME and the Lamp? I will tell you....

The people put exterior x-mas lights on their home and guess what...they had to turn off their light so they could be seen. Day after x-mas the light was back on in all of its blinding beauty.

So I finally looke dup the code and found an "Unlawul Illumination" code that states basically your light cannot shine across your property line to the point it is a nuiscance. So I filed a complaint with the city.

The city in turn said this is an exception to municiple code and they forwarded it to the Police. The Police contacted me and said they are waiting for the blessing from the city prosector to allow a citation. This is where it gets good...

If they do get the blessing, I of course have to sign a complaint and possibly appear in court to have the light dimmed or removed.

I am half willing to accept reimbursement for the $500 for the tree I put in, though that does me no good in the winter. The wife says I should let it go. My best friemd says "**** em' they should of thought about that when they put in the light".

So would you follow it all the way to court? Or am I being a bigger dick than usual? :-)
BIG DICK!
[Reply]
Buck 03:37 PM 01-09-2009
**** that, you need to shine a flood light right back at them.

Get like three of them bitches and focus them all on the same point.

That'll learn 'em.
[Reply]
wutamess 03:37 PM 01-09-2009
Uh, Eddie, Have you tried talking to the neighbor about it?

[Reply]
petegz28 03:39 PM 01-09-2009
Originally Posted by wutamess:
No and for a few reasons:

1. I do not know them
2. Anyone who would keep a light on so bright isn't going to care
3. Anyon who realizes the light is so bright they have to turn it off so their x-mas lights will eb visible, tne they turn it back on, isn't going to care
4. Since I do not know them you never know what sort of confrontation may occur.
[Reply]
wutamess 03:43 PM 01-09-2009

1. I do not know them
3. Anyon who realizes the light is so bright they have to turn it off so their x-mas lights will eb visible, tne they turn it back on, isn't going to care
4. Since I do not know them you never know what sort of confrontation may occur.
Or maybe... Just maybe they don't give a shit about the backyard light and have no idea that it's bothering you or too bright for you since it is in "the backyard".
[Reply]
petegz28 03:44 PM 01-09-2009
Or maybe... Just maybe they don't give a shit about the backyard light and have no idea that it's bothering you or too bright for you since it is in "the backyard".
Maybe. They obviously don't care about the houses right across the street from them as well that face them.
[Reply]
Mark M 03:50 PM 01-09-2009

1. I do not know them
Um ... not be a jerk, but if you don't know them, how the hell do you know if they'll care or not?

And unless you go over there and immediately start being a complete jackass, not sure why you'd be worried about any confrontation. Again, you admit you don't know them, so how could you have any clue at all of how they'd react?

IMHO, you should have talked to them before any of this started. Oh, and the pellet gun is an idiotic idea since they'll probably figure out who's doing it, and then you'll be the defendant in court.

At this point, your only option (other than getting over it -- and I completely understand why you won't) is to follow through on the complaint.

MM
~~:-)
[Reply]
sedated 03:58 PM 01-09-2009

1. I do not know them
you know what happens when you assume.

a month from now there will be another thread about the dickhead neighbor who took them to court rather than just coming over letting them know that their light is bothering him.
[Reply]
The_Doctor10 04:48 AM 02-14-2009

1. I do not know them
be a man, talk to them. Any confrontation that arises is gonna be far less serious than the one that will arise after you haul his ass into court over a LIGHT!
[Reply]
Simply Red 03:39 PM 01-09-2009
:-)
[Reply]
StcChief 10:53 AM 01-10-2009
talk to the neighor.... tell them you have looked up the "unlawful" illumination ordinance....
[Reply]
petegz28 10:56 AM 01-10-2009
Originally Posted by StcChief:
talk to the neighor.... tell them you have looked up the "unlawful" illumination ordinance....
I did talk to him. I didn't feel I had to mention that, yet.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up