ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 35
« First < 232930313233 3435 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Eric Berry Thread
dlphg9 10:42 PM 12-13-2018
Seriously fuck him. He can't play when it really matters? Can't come in for the last drive of the game, because he tore his pussy? What was the point in him playing at all? He didn't look tired and didn't look hurt, so why couldn't he play for 10 more plays? He could have probably helped a lot on that final drive. Worthless fuck
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:08 AM 11-29-2021
Something wasn't mentally right after his last injury. I know it is absolute total speculation based on no evidence whatsoever but I always wondered if anything with painkillers messed him up. Have to think he was on a ton of it towards the end. Him looking totally unmotivated on the field is just totally out of his element. Him not even trying to get a new contract even after his heel has had time to recover is odd. It seems like a mental thing and just have to hope the dude is OK.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:32 AM 11-29-2021
Yeah -- Berry's last year was rough, and he played hardball with known ****head John Dorsey in contract negotiations. But arguing that he set out to steal money from Kansas City is such a stupid take. He was a generational talent who worked his way back from brutal rehabs through significant injuries. He played one of the greatest defensive games I can remember when he erased prime Gronk in the first game of 2017. He singlehandedly won us two games in 2016 and had a singular impact on games that KC had not seen from a defensive player since Derrick freakin' Thomas. He also kept us in the Steelers game and had Alex Smith decided to throw to a wide open Tyreek Hill - would have been a big reason we won. EB was an incredible talent -- and gave his all to KC.

I don't think a lot of folks truly appreciate the physical toll cancer has on someone's body in both the short and long term. EB worked his butt off rehabbing that last injury, but his body just didn't have it anymore.

Wishing him ill - after all he went through - after all he did for KC in his prime and his season after coming back from cancer - and simply because his last contract ended up taking up some of Clark Hunt's money (and didn't even prevent us from winning the Lombardi), is embarrassing.
[Reply]
-King- 08:41 AM 11-29-2021
He's only auctioning off 3 cars in his collection, that hardly screams someone who's broke and needs to sell.
[Reply]
threebag 08:46 AM 11-29-2021
Fuck Haglunds
[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:50 AM 11-29-2021
Maybe his spirit spent all that money?
[Reply]
lcarus 09:33 AM 11-29-2021
I wonder why his playing career didn't continue. I figured some team in need of a safety would kick the tires a few years ago. Even now, he's only 32 years old.
[Reply]
ghak99 10:30 AM 11-29-2021
I hope he's not headed to the poor house, but at least we already know what he'll look like when he gets there so people can still ask him for his autograph.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:54 AM 11-29-2021
His body broke down at the end. That's what chemo does. His heart was there but the body couldn't go. When we finally saw him take the field it was evident that the burst he once had was gone. His game aged seemingly 5-6 years. The fact that he couldn't get a 2nd contract was evident that teams knew more about his medicals than we the public did.

This forum mostly shit on a man because his chemo-fucked body wouldn't let him come out and entertain us. We laughed and called him a hobo because he found a new appreciation for hair. Cancer does that to people. THAT left a sour taste in my mouth more so than anything Berry did or didn't do.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:58 AM 11-29-2021
Selling off excess vehicles is more likely a smart financial move than a desperate one.
[Reply]
TEX 11:07 AM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by ghak99:
I hope he's not headed to the poor house, but at least we already know what he'll look like when he gets there so people can still ask him for his autograph.
:-)
[Reply]
TEX 11:11 AM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
He's only auctioning off 3 cars in his collection, that hardly screams someone who's broke and needs to sell.
Yep. I once did that and bought a rental property. It was just easy for me that way without interrupting cash flow or dipping into cash on hand. Just sold one investment for another. :-)
[Reply]
sedated 11:17 AM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I wonder why his playing career didn't continue. I figured some team in need of a safety would kick the tires a few years ago. Even now, he's only 32 years old.
I figured the common assumption was that he didn't want to get surgery to fix the haglunds because it has a high risk of tearing his other Achilles.
[Reply]
TribalElder 11:52 AM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Selling off excess vehicles is more likely a smart financial move than a desperate one.
This

cars are expensive, especially fancy ass cars

The property tax on cars is some bullshit and adds up quick
[Reply]
crayzkirk 12:55 PM 11-29-2021
Eric Berry was a great player in his time, cancer cut his career short.

His life, his choice and it was The Clarks money anyway...
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 01:06 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by threebag02:
**** Haglunds
I doubt EB gives a shit what some trashy dipshit from Wichita thinks about him.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 35
« First < 232930313233 3435 >
Up