ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 559 of 791
« First < 59459509549555556557558559 560561562563569609659 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
chinaski 10:40 AM 03-15-2019
Dumb question...

Is there ANYBODY in the draft that could be an effective starter at Corner that we could possibly trade up for? Or is this a pipe dream?
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:40 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The only thing that’s been proven is that you are a goddamn moron.
It's funny how the expected norm around here is to just stay calm and be happy with what's going on. I started bashing Eric Berry early on last season and twats like Carcosa and Marcellus called me out. Turns out I was right and the whole situation was fucked up. People bashed Veach last offseason for ignoring cornerback and it turns out they were right. I'm sure Veach had his supporters that told everyone then to trust him. Other than supposedly having a say in drafting Mahomes, I can't really think of a single move by Veach so far that has been a home run. I'll admit it's early, but most of Veach's FA signings have been shit (Watkins, Hitchens, Scandrick) and his tunnel vision in the draft has been questionable. Sorry I'm not drinking the Kool aid. He went into 2018 saying they had to address the run defense and it got even worse. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but it is going to be funny 7 months from now when Mahomes is still having to win shootouts and people wonder why the defense still isn't better.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:49 AM 03-15-2019

Denver re-signing TE Jeff Heuerman to a two-year, $9 million deal, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 15, 2019

[Reply]
ModSocks 10:51 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
That's it. We're fucked.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:52 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Dumb question...

Is there ANYBODY in the draft that could be an effective starter at Corner that we could possibly trade up for? Or is this a pipe dream?
There's several starting quality corners in the draft, 3 that are probably sure day 1 starters. And really only one of them is for sure going to require a trade up.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:53 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Xavier Rhodes?
Waynes. It sounds like they'd prefer to keep Rhodes to mentor the young guys and let Waynes go because his ceiling isn't as high. They're both solid players.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:53 AM 03-15-2019
I'm feeling the Free Agency vapors picking up - let's all get hammered tonight and get worked up on Clowney possibility!
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:54 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Adrian Clayborn released. Any thoughts on him
He's a solid 4-3 DE, nothing special. Great college player, Missouri native.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:55 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I'm feeling the Free Agency vapors picking up - let's all get hammered tonight and get worked up on Clowney possibility!
Yip
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:55 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
It's funny how the expected norm around here is to just stay calm and be happy with what's going on. I started bashing Eric Berry early on last season and twats like Carcosa and Marcellus called me out. Turns out I was right and the whole situation was fucked up. People bashed Veach last offseason for ignoring cornerback and it turns out they were right. I'm sure Veach had his supporters that told everyone then to trust him. Other than supposedly having a say in drafting Mahomes, I can't really think of a single move by Veach so far that has been a home run. I'll admit it's early, but most of Veach's FA signings have been shit (Watkins, Hitchens, Scandrick) and his tunnel vision in the draft has been questionable. Sorry I'm not drinking the Kool aid. He went into 2018 saying they had to address the run defense and it got even worse. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but it is going to be funny 7 months from now when Mahomes is still having to win shootouts and people wonder why the defense still isn't better.
Wow. Two times the people bitching were right. You know, the people that stay calm and be happy are right just as much as the other side, all you have to do is cherry pick.

The simple fact is that the offseason just started. It's too early to start this crap already. At least wait until training camp or something.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:57 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Dumb question...

That's more like a DB dream than a pipe dream.

That doesn't even make sense. How does wanting a corner back equate to dreaming about pipes?

....wait a minute....
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:57 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
It's going to be funny 7 months from now when you and another small handful of turds are eating crow and backtracking and still trying to use Scandrick for your argument.
[Reply]
O.city 10:58 AM 03-15-2019
Is Waynes any better than what we could get in round two of the drqft? I’m not sure
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:58 AM 03-15-2019
I love how people keep referencing this "Tunnel Vision" that Veach has in the draft ever since yesterday.

:-)

Thank DJLN, you fucking asshole.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 10:58 AM 03-15-2019
Kcchiefsus is the gift that keeps on giving
[Reply]
Page 559 of 791
« First < 59459509549555556557558559 560561562563569609659 > Last »
Up