ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 832 of 2690
« First < 332732782822828829830831832 83383483583684288293213321832 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Mecca 01:22 PM 07-20-2018
Guess what, that shit he's spouting would be like if he said "I don't want Deion Sanders cause he won't tackle"

Yea get rid of the best cover man in the history of the game cause he's not a good tackler.

Even if you fucking despise Peters, losing his turnovers is an issue that will be a problem at some point.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:24 PM 07-20-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Guess what, that shit he's spouting would be like if he said "I don't want Deion Sanders cause he won't tackle"

Yea get rid of the best cover man in the history of the game cause he's not a good tackler.

Even if you ****ing despise Peters, losing his turnovers is an issue that will be a problem at some point.
It's a syndrome.

It's like getting dumped by a super model and then going, "well, she wasn't that hot anyway".

Meanwhile, you look over at some homely bitch that you're now ****ing and amp up her positives to help convince yourself that this is what's better for you.

Quit it Chiefs fans. It's ok to accept that we lost a playmaker.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:25 PM 07-20-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Good thing the Chiefs had those turnovers to help compensate for their otherwise shitty performance in every other statistical category.

The Eagles being +11 does nothing to help your argument, as that's also a great turnover margin.

And guess what, we just traded away 8 of those 15 turnovers. If you think that doesn't matter...well...you do you.
Yeah I can’t think of how many times Peters bailed us out with his turnovers. Whether Mahomes scores more or not, we downgraded at CB in terms of turnovers.
[Reply]
Best22 01:26 PM 07-20-2018
Good thing the Chiefs had those turnovers to help compensate for their otherwise shitty performance in every other statistical category.

The Eagles being +11 does nothing to help your argument, as that's also a great turnover margin.

And guess what, we just traded away 8 of those 15 turnovers. If you think that doesn't matter...well...you do you.
We have a new quarterback and more talent overall on both sides of the ball

The defense also played much better (and tougher) without Marcus

Let's see how it plays out. There have been plenty of teams that move on from talented players and then wind up even more successful than before

Nobody denies that he was a playmaker, but he also "made plays" for the other team with his softness and sometimes lackadaisical coverage. It's unacceptable to have guys that aren't willing to give 100% effort.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:31 PM 07-20-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
That has nothing to do with anything.

:-) @ your one game sample. Get out of here with that noise.

Let's see how it plays out. There have been plenty of teams that move on from talented players and then wind up even more successful than before
I don't recall making an argument otherwise. There's 21 other players that start, and every one of them has the potential to be better. Not the point.

No matter how good Mahomes and the offense is, no matter how good others improve, they'd STILL be better with Marcus Peters at corner.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:32 PM 07-20-2018

Nobody denies that he was a playmaker, but he also "made plays" for the other team with his softness and sometimes lackadaisical coverage. It's unacceptable to have guys that aren't willing to give 100% effort.
They played 2 games without him 2....one of them was Tampa in which Jameis fucking Winston beat the every loving shit out of the secondary.

Then last year against the Raiders...so which game do you believe?

But if you are going to tell me the Chiefs are better off with Steven Nelson and David Amerson filling that role than Marcus Peters you are high on smack.
[Reply]
jaa1025 01:32 PM 07-20-2018
Welcome to the fan club, Mahomo.

But Yes, Marcus Peters is in fact a big loss there's nothing debatable about it. Regardless of anyone's personal feelings about his attitude, the man produced on the field far more often than not. He was one of the only defenders that actually showed up against the Titans.

The man forced 24 Turnovers over 3 seasons by himself. You don't just lose that kind of production and pretend it won't be felt.
His loss won’t be felt at all. As good as his turnovers were they were partly given back by horrible at time coverages. Even if you cobsider him great, he had a gaping hole on the other side of him. 2 above average CBs are better than a very good CB and a gaping hole in the other side. This defense will be night and day better than last year.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:34 PM 07-20-2018
Well fuck. Guess no point in watching this year... :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:36 PM 07-20-2018
Originally Posted by jaa1025:
His loss won’t be felt at all. As good as his turnovers were they were partly given back by horrible at time coverages. Even if you cobsider him great, he had a gaping hole on the other side of him. 2 above average CBs are better than a very good CB and a gaping hole in the other side. This defense will be night and day better than last year.
This is silly.

Are you going to convince me that other corners in the league won't have lapses in coverage? They ALL do. That's not a valid argument at all. I can promise you that whomever fills Marcus' void will get beat like a ****ing drum at times. The difference is he WON'T produce the turnovers like Marcus to "offset" it.

And where are these 2 above average corners you speak of? We have ONE guy who quite frankly is an unknown. He had one piss ass season in which he played outside and got injured. And one good season in which he played slot. We really don't know exactly what Kendall Fuller is as his short career is a complete mixed bag.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:37 PM 07-20-2018
Originally Posted by jaa1025:
Yep turnovers they don't matter at all when they basically directly correlate to winning and losing records.

You can try to make an argument that the front will be better or maybe they can scheme better but this idea that "oh losing Peters won't matter" is completely ludicrous.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:40 PM 07-20-2018
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Well ****. Guess no point in watching this year... :-)
No one is claiming any sort of doom and gloom. Just dispelling the stupid notion that the Chiefs are somehow better w/o Marcus Peters.
[Reply]
Best22 01:48 PM 07-20-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They played 2 games without him 2....one of them was Tampa in which Jameis ****ing Winston beat the every loving shit out of the secondary.

Then last year against the Raiders...so which game do you believe?

But if you are going to tell me the Chiefs are better off with Steven Nelson and David Amerson filling that role than Marcus Peters you are high on smack.
The Bucs game was in 2016 so I don't count it. It wasn't much different from any other 2016 game: the other team drove up and down the field, so it didn't seem to make much difference

You guys can keep whining over your loss all summer, but there is no proof that his defense, of team, is worse
[Reply]
Best22 01:49 PM 07-20-2018
No one is claiming any sort of doom and gloom. Just dispelling the stupid notion that the Chiefs are somehow better w/o Marcus Peters.
We would probably be better with him. But we can still be better in 2018 without him, than we were in 2017.

The subtraction of Peters isn't enough to cancel out the additions we made this year. Factor in Peters softness (and the rumors he wanted to leave) and it's even less of a loss
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:50 PM 07-20-2018
The Bucs game was in 2016 so I don't count it. It wasn't much different from any other 2016 game: the other team drove up and down the field, so it didn't seem to make much difference

You guys can keep whining over your loss all summer, but there is no proof that his defense, of team, is worse
You're trying to dress up a really, really basic argument.

The argument is simple: Is a CB Trio of Amerson/Nelson/Fuller better than a trio of Peters/Nelson Fuller?

I'll simplify it even more: Is David Amerson a better CB than Marcus Peters?

Go ahead. Demonstrate to us how David Amerson is an upgrade over Marcus Peters. This should be fun.
[Reply]
Best22 01:51 PM 07-20-2018
You're trying to dress up a really, really basic argument.

The argument is simple: Is a CB Trio of Amerson/Nelson/Fuller better than a trio of Peters/Nelson Fuller?

I'll simplify it even more: Is David Amerson a better CB than Marcus Peters?

Go ahead. Demonstrate to us how David Amerson is an upgrade over Marcus Peters. This should be fun.
Uh, didn't I say we'd be better with Peters:-)

But, we'll still be a better team overall (and defensively) in2018 than we were in 2017
[Reply]
Page 832 of 2690
« First < 332732782822828829830831832 83383483583684288293213321832 > Last »
Up