ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 782 of 2690
« First < 282682732772778779780781782 78378478578679283288212821782 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
TRR 08:34 PM 06-04-2018
Originally Posted by Coogs:
He made great decisions against Denver... plus improvised maybe the best play of the entire season. (Hell, that was maybe the best play I have ever seen a Chiefs QB make) I didn't see anything resembling a reckless QB. In fact, his play is why Smith was let go. I think what we saw that game is what we are going to get... and I am all for that!
To be fair...the reverse field heave to Demetrius Harris who was double covered...resembled a young, reckless QB. Luckily it fell incomplete and he went on to win the game.
[Reply]
Buckweath 09:24 PM 06-04-2018
Originally Posted by TRR:
To be fair...the reverse field heave to Demetrius Harris who was double covered...resembled a young, reckless QB. Luckily it fell incomplete and he went on to win the game.
Lol did you even watch the game? Harris had like 3 yards on the Broncos player covering him. It was good vision and good decision by Mahomes but just terrible execution by not setting his feet.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:28 PM 06-04-2018
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
Lol did you even watch the game? Harris had like 3 yards on the Broncos player covering him. It was good vision and good decision by Mahomes but just terrible execution by not setting his feet.
Uhh that’s the point dude. There was no need for that kind of play in that situation. No need to go for the win by throwing half the field off your back foot when you need 10 yards to get in FG range with plenty of time.

That’s the wrecklessness that Andy needs to coach out of him.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 09:30 PM 06-04-2018
Alternatively he could have gotten Happy feet and taken a sack. I'd much rather have a QB willing to take risks.
[Reply]
Coach 09:38 PM 06-04-2018
Originally Posted by milkman:
I'll take a cross of Rodgers and Russel Wilson.

I don't know that he'll ever be as good in the pocket as Rodgers, but I think he can be every bit as good outside the pocket.

I do think he can be as good, or slightly better, in the pocket as Wilson, which is plenty good enough.
I look at of Mahomes as a Randall Cunningham type of a player instead of a Favre.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 09:48 PM 06-04-2018
Originally Posted by Coach:
I look at of Mahomes as a Randall Cunningham type of a player instead of a Favre.
Randall in his early days was a better athlete than Mahomes. Patty won't be putting up 500-900 rushing yards per season like Randall did.
[Reply]
Best22 10:19 PM 06-04-2018
He's not fast enough to be Randall

Or skinny enough

Or flexible enough
[Reply]
TRR 11:56 PM 06-04-2018
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
Yes I watched the game. It was a terrible decision and a terrible throw. Not even sure how you can begin to defend that.

You don’t have to defend Patrick. I’m on board. He’s going to make some terrible decisions along the way. Enjoy the ride.
[Reply]
Warrick 12:05 AM 06-05-2018

[Reply]
jaa1025 12:44 AM 06-05-2018
Yes I watched the game. It was a terrible decision and a terrible throw. Not even sure how you can begin to defend that.

You don’t have to defend Patrick. I’m on board. He’s going to make some terrible decisions along the way. Enjoy the ride.

Watch the All 22. It was a great play call, read and decision. Harris had 3 yards on them, AKA, he was wide effing open in the NFL. Mahomes didn't set his feet and under threw it big time. He had time to set his feet. That's the ONLY thing wrong with that entire play.
[Reply]
-King- 02:50 AM 06-05-2018

It was a good decision, but terrible execution. If he sets his feet, that's an easy TD.

Harris was wide open. Just have to remember your fundamentals.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Coogs 05:37 AM 06-05-2018
Originally Posted by -King-:
It was a good decision, but terrible execution. If he sets his feet, that's an easy TD.

Harris was wide open. Just have to remember your fundamentals.
Posted via Mobile Device
And it is not into double coverage either. I know you didn't say that it was, I am just using your post because of the picture you supplied. Mahomes throws a frozen rope, and the defender at the bottom 20 yard line never gets over to help. Because the ball "sailed", he had time to enter the play late.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:47 AM 06-05-2018
The play to Harris was also a free play for anyone calling it a risky throw. Pat even looked for the flag and looked off the safety before throwing that pass.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl...watkins&sr=amp

The most impressive part about Pat is he’s one of the very very few QBs that can beat PERFECT COVERAGE with pinpoint accuracy.

There is literally no way to stop him when he’s rolling.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 08:09 AM 06-05-2018
Originally Posted by BossChief:
The play to Harris was also a free play for anyone calling it a risky throw. Pat even looked for the flag and looked off the safety before throwing that pass.
Well then this whole discussion of it being an unnecessary pass can go out the window.

But the play-by-play doesn't say that.

And it's actually just flat out not true.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:22 AM 06-05-2018
Wait, I think I just came up with a decent NICKNAME for Pat.........

Patrick Cojones
[Reply]
Page 782 of 2690
« First < 282682732772778779780781782 78378478578679283288212821782 > Last »
Up