ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 730 of 2690
« First < 230630680720726727728729730 73173273373474078083012301730 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
RedRaider56 04:29 PM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by JDKinman:
Apologies for any confusion as I wasn't trying to compare Cantrell to Hill. And I was absolutely aware of Watkins being signed.

Reason for my observation is having watched Mahomes in college, the more receivers he has on the field, the more lethal he becomes. Cantrell didn't play every down at Tech--not the way Kingsbury works. Receivers rotate in and out faster than brothel girls on politicians payday. Cantrell is one of those sleeper receivers that defenses made the mistake of either ignoring or vastly underestimating, and it cost them every single time.

Reid is already adjusting the offense around Mahomes' style which is why it would make sense to bring in a receiver in which the chemistry and connection already exists.

You put three dangerous receivers out there with Kelce on the line and Hunt in the backfield and what you'll have is an offensive smorgasbord of the likes that KC fans have never before seen.

Agree. Sometimes I swore Mahomes wanted the (Tech) defense to hurry up and give up the score so he could get back out on the field and get 'er done.

What I saw was maturity. He still has some more to learn, but I saw better poise and mechanics than I ever saw him demonstrate at Tech, but his maturity and development occurred with zero loss of his ability to improvise and make the play.

This is one special young man.

JD
:-) off at the brothel comparison, because that is about as spot on of a comment as I've heard describing the fast pass offense Kingsbury runs.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:18 PM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I bet the league starts us out on MNF against a premier opponent. Jacksonville or SF.

Would they do a rematch in Foxboro? Maybe.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:27 PM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by JDKinman:
Apologies for any confusion as I wasn't trying to compare Cantrell to Hill. And I was absolutely aware of Watkins being signed.

Reason for my observation is having watched Mahomes in college, the more receivers he has on the field, the more lethal he becomes. Cantrell didn't play every down at Tech--not the way Kingsbury works. Receivers rotate in and out faster than brothel girls on politicians payday. Cantrell is one of those sleeper receivers that defenses made the mistake of either ignoring or vastly underestimating, and it cost them every single time.

Reid is already adjusting the offense around Mahomes' style which is why it would make sense to bring in a receiver in which the chemistry and connection already exists.

You put three dangerous receivers out there with Kelce on the line and Hunt in the backfield and what you'll have is an offensive smorgasbord of the likes that KC fans have never before seen.

Agree. Sometimes I swore Mahomes wanted the (Tech) defense to hurry up and give up the score so he could get back out on the field and get 'er done.

What I saw was maturity. He still has some more to learn, but I saw better poise and mechanics than I ever saw him demonstrate at Tech, but his maturity and development occurred with zero loss of his ability to improvise and make the play.

This is one special young man.

JD
You need to stop please, otherwise I'm gonna have to call a doctor because of this stiffy thats lasted more than 4 hours

Oh my God just cant waaaiiit, we're gonna murder folks on live television
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:25 PM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
You need to stop please, otherwise I'm gonna have to call a doctor because of this stiffy thats lasted more than 4 hours

Oh my God just cant waaaiiit, we're gonna murder folks on live television
Works for me.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:08 PM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Would they do a rematch in Foxboro? Maybe.
I think they’re gonna want something very marketable.

The young talented defense of Jacksonville against the young talented offense of Kansas City's.

Highly marketable.

That’s my guess for the opener.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:02 AM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by jaa1025:
I personally, have never been more sure about a QB prospect than Mahomes. I liked him a lot college and hoped he'd be a Chief. Leading up to the draft, I fell in love with him. The Chiefs shocked the NFL world and traded up for him and I couldn't be happier.

Then preseason came. He looked better than any Chiefs QB, rookie or vet, than I can remember ever seeing in a preseason. That doesn't say much, but as a rookie that was supposed to be raw?, no...this is when I knew for sure we struck gold. He made throws that you will NEVER see an NFL QB make. Wow.

Week 17 rolled around and Mahomes lived up to the hype. His stat line wasn't amazing, but, his decisions, quick thinking, the way he managed the offense, his pocket awareness...and the throws...OMG.

Mahomes isn't just going to be good...he's going to be elite...and very soon. Reid and Veech have created this offense for him to succeed about as well as any QB in NFL history. Study behind a QB and learn the offense for a year and amass serious talent around him with a QB friendly offense so he can hit the ground running.

I'd be shocked if he doesn't eclipse 4000 yards passing, 30 TDs and a 90+ rating in his first season baring injuries.

2 legit #1 WR's
1 top 2nd year running back
best TE in NFL
Good line
Coaching staff that can make players like AJ Feeley and Kevin Kolb look good.

He is going to be the next great one. Trubisky is a joke. Watson is a dance and bomb QB with piss poor short and intermediate accuracy. The 2018 QB class looks pretty garbage. Mahomes and Wentz will take over the NFL for the next decade. Brees, Brady and Rapist will be out of the NFL soon. Matt Ryan is still going to be good. Rodgers will still be great. Dak...overhyped.
You know the exciting thing about what you said is? That the greats retiring soon are in the AFC. The great ones left are in the NFC. Mahomes is poised to be a top 3 AFC quarterback for the foreseeable future. That's exciting.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:28 AM 04-19-2018
Lulz at the Bills passing on him then blowing draft capital to move up and take a lesser player. Dumbest thing I've seen in awhile, outside of an Elway move.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 09:16 AM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
“They’re going to run an NFL version of the air raid offense. I really think they are going to throw the ball 50 times in some games.

Cody Tapp
Let's hope not...need more balance to win games
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:22 AM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:
Let's hope not...need more balance to win games
Yup. Taking care of the ball is still the biggest decider in games. It's just nice having that stud that can roll up points when things go south. Have never really had that in KC. Chucking it that much wiuld be a disaster though
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 09:28 AM 04-19-2018

[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:25 AM 04-19-2018
AFC quarterbacks in two years:

Carr
Watson
Mariota
Luck
Bortles
Rosen
Mayfield
Allen

I wouldn't take a single one over Mahomes.
[Reply]
Bewbies 12:44 PM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
AFC quarterbacks in two years:

Carr
Watson
Mariota
Luck
Bortles
Rosen
Mayfield
Allen

I wouldn't take a single one over Mahomes.
I love Mahomes, but a pre-injured luck is a pretty damn good building block.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:46 PM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
You said it yourself though. That shoulder is just too iffy.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:22 PM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
Sure, but so is 2001 Tom Brady.

If you gave me the pick of the AFC quarterbacks to have two years from now, I'm taking Mahomes, and it isn't close.
[Reply]
AJKCFAN 06:19 PM 04-19-2018
Sooooooo....

WHO’S UP FOR MAHOMES PICKING UP WHERE HE LEFT OFF? KICKING THE ASS OF SOME SORRY-ASS DIVISIONAL OPPONENT ON THE ROAD!
[Reply]
Page 730 of 2690
« First < 230630680720726727728729730 73173273373474078083012301730 > Last »
Up