ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 728 of 2690
« First < 228628678718724725726727728 72973073173273877882812281728 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
staylor26 08:32 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
After we traded Trent Green, there was a KC Star article (forget who wrote it... Ivan Carter, maybe?) that was just trying to get fans excited about the potential idea of a young QB taking over for this team. Many people wanted to know about what kinds of things Brodie Croyle was doing over the days of the offseason to put him on track for the competition.

Apparently Ivan (or whoever it was) had to ****ing go out into the wilderness to catch him on a ****ing fishing trip in order to talk to him. And his response was pretty ****ing shitty. He knew this was a goddamn fluff piece for fans, and he could have easily said, "Man, this competition for a starting QB job is all I've been thinking about. It's been a dream of mine to be a starting professional QB ever since I knew what football was. Really excited for offseason workouts and training camp!" But he didn't. He basically just said, "To be honest, I'm not thinking about that. I'm getting married, and we've got a big wedding. That's what's on my mind right now."

AAAAANK! Wrong answer, dipshit. You deserved to get ****ed by Huard and only be allowed to start because he got injured. You deserve to never have felt what it's like to earn a win as the starting QB of an NFL team-- an honor that such illustrious names like Damon Huard, Tyler Thigpen, and Tyler Palko have been able say they've accomplished, and in fewer tries/attempts. You got drafted into a bad situation, but let's just say your attitude made you the perfect man for that job. Enjoy selling insurance and being a guy who was never good enough because you just didn't give a shit, dickweed.

Wow I must’ve missed that. Absolutely pathetic.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:42 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
NFL Network analyst: With Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs have chance to dethrone Patriots

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...209094724.html
That's a handsome sweater Andy is wearing, very cute.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:03 PM 04-17-2018
NFL Live just did a segment on Mahomes today. And it gave me a boner.

Absolutely nothing new is in this clip. It's just NFL Live doing what it has always done in the offseason- it's looking to fill up time on the show by focusing on the stars and any exciting buzz/stories that are out there.

Here's why I'm erect: The difference between now and the way it's always been is that until now, we never had an interesting potential star QB on our team. It's always been about our TE or RB. OCCASIONALLY they'd talk about a player or two on our defense if they were really desperate, and that's only if they had exhausted every spare ounce of discussion on the Bradys, Rodgers, Brees, and Mannings of the NFL.

Now we've got our own, gents. And now WE'RE getting the time-filler crap that people in waiting rooms watch.

That's why this clip is so bonerific.

[Reply]
DRM08 09:17 PM 04-17-2018
"I think we can be one of, if not the best, offenses in the NFL," Mahomes said. "We have a ton of talent everywhere and we’re deep at every position.

Deep at every position except QB. Fingers crossed Pat will stay healthy! Massive talent gap between Mahomes and the backup QB's.
[Reply]
wasi 01:26 AM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I would like to see the Chiefs build up the Oline similar what Dallas or Pittsburgh had the last few years. Give this kid some protection.

It would be great to get some push off the ball for Hunt as well instead of having to break 3 tackles in the backfield several times a game.
I don't agree with this at all. The strategy the Chiefs have employed is good enough. It hasn't been the o-line play directly that has failed the Chiefs the past 3 years. It has been sh*** QB and defensive play at key moments.

You draft o-lineman high when you have a QB that either: A) isn't mobile; B) doesn't have a fast release, or C) you don't have the ability to be creative week-to-week with your gameplan and have a QB to execute it. I don't see Mahomes fitting any of these concerns.

Look at what Mahomes did with 2nd and 3rd string players at all positions, against starting, top-ranked defenders in freezing temperatures in his first NFL start.

Add to that the more glaring needs on the defensive side, and I just don't agree at this time.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 01:33 AM 04-18-2018
I remember that sinking feeling I had when Pat's preseason was over. I looked at my wife, and let her know this might be the last time we see him playing for another entire year.

I was so ecstatic when I heard he would be playing week 17. This ****ing hype may seem extreme to some, but this dude is our dude. He won't fail because his head is on straight. QB is such a mental game. Mahomes is a gamer. He won't let himself fail.

We're about to witness amazing shit as Chiefs fans. I told the pizza man 2 weekends ago that told me he liked my Chiefs banners in my house, he told me he misses a lot of games. I told him whatever you do, don't miss out on this Mahomes era man. I want everyone to see this unfold as a fanbase.
[Reply]
jaa1025 03:38 AM 04-18-2018
I personally, have never been more sure about a QB prospect than Mahomes. I liked him a lot college and hoped he'd be a Chief. Leading up to the draft, I fell in love with him. The Chiefs shocked the NFL world and traded up for him and I couldn't be happier.

Then preseason came. He looked better than any Chiefs QB, rookie or vet, than I can remember ever seeing in a preseason. That doesn't say much, but as a rookie that was supposed to be raw?, no...this is when I knew for sure we struck gold. He made throws that you will NEVER see an NFL QB make. Wow.

Week 17 rolled around and Mahomes lived up to the hype. His stat line wasn't amazing, but, his decisions, quick thinking, the way he managed the offense, his pocket awareness...and the throws...OMG.

Mahomes isn't just going to be good...he's going to be elite...and very soon. Reid and Veech have created this offense for him to succeed about as well as any QB in NFL history. Study behind a QB and learn the offense for a year and amass serious talent around him with a QB friendly offense so he can hit the ground running.

I'd be shocked if he doesn't eclipse 4000 yards passing, 30 TDs and a 90+ rating in his first season baring injuries.

2 legit #1 WR's
1 top 2nd year running back
best TE in NFL
Good line
Coaching staff that can make players like AJ Feeley and Kevin Kolb look good.

He is going to be the next great one. Trubisky is a joke. Watson is a dance and bomb QB with piss poor short and intermediate accuracy. The 2018 QB class looks pretty garbage. Mahomes and Wentz will take over the NFL for the next decade. Brees, Brady and Rapist will be out of the NFL soon. Matt Ryan is still going to be good. Rodgers will still be great. Dak...overhyped.
[Reply]
Chiefs Moon 04:41 AM 04-18-2018
For the first time in Chiefs history, the Quarterback is the most talented football player on the team.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:47 AM 04-18-2018

[Reply]
Otter 05:01 AM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Mahomes' first NFL completion was thrown 35 yards, straighter than a clothesline and into a window smaller than Reid's famous utility belt. Quarterbacks have gone entire, productive careers in the NFL without making a throw that good. The belief that Reid shows in Mahomes -- the Chiefs called passes on the game's first three plays -- is nothing compared to how much Mahomes trusts his arm.
Pat has a real chance to be something special. Pretty sure I'll be watching every game this year for the first time since the 90's.

Originally Posted by :
Raise your hand if Mahomes is your first QB in your fantasy league...
Going for him as 2nd QB. I think he's pretty much under the radar for most non Chiefs fans and no one in my fantasy league is a Chiefs fan besides myself.
[Reply]
rico 05:43 AM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefs Moon:
For the first time in Chiefs history, the Quarterback is the most talented football player on the team.
God I love reading stuff like this...and agreeing with it.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:00 AM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by wasi:
I don't agree with this at all. The strategy the Chiefs have employed is good enough. It hasn't been the o-line play directly that has failed the Chiefs the past 3 years. It has been sh*** QB and defensive play at key moments.

You draft o-lineman high when you have a QB that either: A) isn't mobile; B) doesn't have a fast release, or C) you don't have the ability to be creative week-to-week with your gameplan and have a QB to execute it. I don't see Mahomes fitting any of these concerns.

Look at what Mahomes did with 2nd and 3rd string players at all positions, against starting, top-ranked defenders in freezing temperatures in his first NFL start.

Add to that the more glaring needs on the defensive side, and I just don't agree at this time.
Great post. I think Mahomes will make the O line better as well- but we still need some fresh talent infused into that group. My guess is we take a Center since there is no timetable for Morse to come back and Fulton is gone. And at LG since everyone there sucks. We got our shit pushed in at both of those positions last year.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:04 AM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
I remember that sinking feeling I had when Pat's preseason was over. I looked at my wife, and let her know this might be the last time we see him playing for another entire year.

I was so ecstatic when I heard he would be playing week 17. This ****ing hype may seem extreme to some, but this dude is our dude. He won't fail because his head is on straight. QB is such a mental game. Mahomes is a gamer. He won't let himself fail.

We're about to witness amazing shit as Chiefs fans. I told the pizza man 2 weekends ago that told me he liked my Chiefs banners in my house, he told me he misses a lot of games. I told him whatever you do, don't miss out on this Mahomes era man. I want everyone to see this unfold as a fanbase.
:-) Yep, it was like going and test driving a new car but then leaving with your old piece shit.
[Reply]
JDKinman 09:09 AM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Judging by this post I’m guessing you either don’t know or forgot that we signed Sammy Watkins?
Originally Posted by Shoes:
No doubt- also criminal to compare Cantrell to Tyreek Hill at this stage. You ask 32 defensive coordinators who they are more worried about I bet you get the same answer every single time.

That being said I don't mind Cantrell as a late round flyer in the upcoming draft (not just for the Chiefs just in general).
Apologies for any confusion as I wasn't trying to compare Cantrell to Hill. And I was absolutely aware of Watkins being signed.

Reason for my observation is having watched Mahomes in college, the more receivers he has on the field, the more lethal he becomes. Cantrell didn't play every down at Tech--not the way Kingsbury works. Receivers rotate in and out faster than brothel girls on politicians payday. Cantrell is one of those sleeper receivers that defenses made the mistake of either ignoring or vastly underestimating, and it cost them every single time.

Reid is already adjusting the offense around Mahomes' style which is why it would make sense to bring in a receiver in which the chemistry and connection already exists.

You put three dangerous receivers out there with Kelce on the line and Hunt in the backfield and what you'll have is an offensive smorgasbord of the likes that KC fans have never before seen.

Originally Posted by DRM08:
Pat is used to having the worst defense in the world backing him up. I'm sure he will be pretty happy with the Chiefs defense compared to what he had in college.
Agree. Sometimes I swore Mahomes wanted the (Tech) defense to hurry up and give up the score so he could get back out on the field and get 'er done.

Originally Posted by jaa1025:

Week 17 rolled around and Mahomes lived up to the hype. His stat line wasn't amazing, but, his decisions, quick thinking, the way he managed the offense, his pocket awareness...and the throws...OMG.
What I saw was maturity. He still has some more to learn, but I saw better poise and mechanics than I ever saw him demonstrate at Tech, but his maturity and development occurred with zero loss of his ability to improvise and make the play.

This is one special young man.

JD
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:19 AM 04-18-2018
I can't wait for Reid to roll out 6 WR sets- Everyone go long!!
[Reply]
Page 728 of 2690
« First < 228628678718724725726727728 72973073173273877882812281728 > Last »
Up