ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 187 of 205
« First < 87137177183184185186187 188189190191197 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
ThaVirus 08:00 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Seriously, it took me all of 5 minutes to discover Vince Carter owns a $10M, 13-bedroom gated mansion in Florida.

He could have talked about getting pulled over or something but going to get the mail? He's gonna have to try harder than that.

EDIT:

Another 30 seconds and I found this:

"Vince Carter owns a property in Isleworth, Florida with a market value of $9.9 million. The property features 16 bedrooms. In 2001, he purchased another central Florida home for $2.2 million. Extensive construction was done on the 10-acre plot of land, and Carter was left with a 29,000-square-foot property that once hosted a $30,000-per-person fundraising dinner for Barack Obama. These renovations raised the property value to $14.3 million as of 2014. In 2001, he purchased a waterfront, penthouse condo with ten bedrooms in Toronto for $2.75 million."
I live like 10 minutes away from Isleworth. It's gated and every access point has gate attendants. Cops don't patrol that neighborhood.
petegz28 08:01 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Aren't a lot police ex-military?
Define "a lot", please. I have known or know several Cops and none of them have ever been in the military.
DJ's left nut 08:01 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Seriously, it took me all of 5 minutes to discover Vince Carter owns a $10M, 13-bedroom gated mansion in Florida.

He could have talked about getting pulled over or something but going to get the mail? He's gonna have to try harder than that.

EDIT:

Another 30 seconds and I found this:

"Vince Carter owns a property in Isleworth, Florida with a market value of $9.9 million. The property features 16 bedrooms. In 2001, he purchased another central Florida home for $2.2 million. Extensive construction was done on the 10-acre plot of land, and Carter was left with a 29,000-square-foot property that once hosted a $30,000-per-person fundraising dinner for Barack Obama. These renovations raised the property value to $14.3 million as of 2014. In 2001, he purchased a waterfront, penthouse condo with ten bedrooms in Toronto for $2.75 million."
I like VC - one of the coolest careers in NBA history. Went from just a savage dunker w/ no real jumper to speak of to a legitimate sniper.

Though now I have to wonder if he ever got racist graffiti on his garage that mysteriously disappeared, was never documented in any way and never followed up on. Seems to be a problem for some aging NBA forwards.
petegz28 08:03 PM 08-26-2020
I live like 10 minutes away from Isleworth. It's gated and every access point has gate attendants. Cops don't patrol that neighborhood.
I live in a typical suburban division that is about 70-30 white\black and Cops don't patrol our neighborhood either because we don't act like fucking hoodlums. True story!!!!
staylor26 08:03 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:

Cause this is a totally normal way to live eh?
Wow you just eat this shit up

:-)

If that’s truly his fear to that extent, it doesn’t make it any less irrational.
staylor26 08:04 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I like VC - one of the coolest careers in NBA history. Went from just a savage dunker w/ no real jumper to speak of to a legitimate sniper.

Though now I have to wonder if he ever got racist graffiti on his garage that mysteriously disappeared, was never documented in any way and never followed up on. Seems to be a problem for some aging NBA forwards.
Wait, wasn’t that Lebron? Or did it happen to VC too?
DJ's left nut 08:06 PM 08-26-2020
Aren't a lot police ex-military?
Yeah - but they don't just unleash you on an unsuspecting world. And you can't just go in there like you did as an operator.

You get kinda...walked back...for lack of a better way of putting it. I suspect they try to merge the good from that training with the community oriented aspects of standard law enforcement training.

My BIL might know but he actually washed out...soooooo....maybe I shouldn't ask him. He's an intense dude and saw some stuff. He and my best friend will talk about their training and its fascinating stuff. Nah - no PD could've put him straight on the streets without seriously filing down some horns.

And ultimately I suppose some departments handle it differently. That's the other bizarre thing about this - how does this become a political thing? These departments are state run. Many of these instances in blue states. And suddenly it becomes a racist nation full of bigoted right wing nationalists.

Um...aight. I have no response to whatever logic brings one to that conclusion. Again - selective federalism is just the strangest thing to me...
WhawhaWhat 08:06 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
If that’s truly his fear to that extent, it doesn’t make it any less irrational.
How would you know?
DJ's left nut 08:07 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Wait, wasn’t that Lebron? Or did it happen to VC too?
Oh man, you're right...that WAAAAAS Lebron.

Just another reliable narrator operating completely in good faith every time he ties on those sweat-shop manufactured Nikes.
DJ's left nut 08:14 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Fuckin' hillbilly fuck! You don't know what it's like in "The Wood"!!!
Yeah - I hear LA's pretty fucking hardcore.

I will say this - I WOULD get eaten alive in NY. Contrary to Dane's understanding, I'm licensed in literally every time zone and several federal courts. I do some stuff outside of my tiny little hamlet (haven't handled a Missouri case in probably 5 years...but y'know...whatev).

And I've worked with some NY attorneys - those cats are different from Boston or DC or Chicago (though less different than Chicago) or Philly. All those pretty 'tough' cities aren't really much more than STL where I actually cut my teeth. Texas attorneys are Oklahoma attorneys with BMWs.

But NY - the energy of that place is just completely unlike anything I've ever seen. And even visiting it I'm just like "Jesus - this really is ants marching."

ANYONE will get shredded by the particularly high speed New Yorkers. And even your fairly ordinary ones aren't exactly any smarter than anywhere else, but you can't sleep on 'em because they're aggressive as hell.

Anyone says "You wouldn't last a minute in NY" and honestly...I'd probably argue....but only because I'd last about 10. It takes a really different kind of wiring that can only come with years of being immersed in it. And I ain't that guy.

Anywhere else? Pft...fine...whatever. Cats of different colors but similar claws.
BWillie 08:14 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The problem is that in many cases, there's no justification for killing someone.

But my words don't matter. I'm not an African-American. I've never had to deal with type of situation in my entire life.

But Doc Rivers' words should matter.

Well, you're a man right? Being male is the most determining factor of being murdered by police. Not being black or any other race. And it isn't even close. Not even close. When do you want to go marching to protest police murders against males? I'm tired of linking the chart showing the disproportionate amount of police shootings against males compared to females, who are, you know 51% of the population. Time to march for males being gunned down in the street and murdered then if we are being consistent.
ChiefsCountry 08:15 PM 08-26-2020
LeBron story was complete made up bullshit. Especially in this day and age of everyone having phones and in a suburb like Brentwood. Nobody had a picture of it. Bullshit.
BWillie 08:17 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Considering that Black people make up about 11-12% of the entire US population, Black people are being shot and killed by police at a far higher rate than White people.
Considering that Males make up about 49% of the entire US population, Males are being shot and killed by police at an even EXPONENTIALLY higher rate than females......

And actually with males it's about 22:1 to females.
petegz28 08:17 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Well, you're a man right? Being male is the most determining factor of being murdered by police. Not being black or any other race. And it isn't even close. Not even close. When do you want to go marching to protest police murders against males? I'm tired of linking the chart showing the disproportionate amount of police shootings against males compared to females, who are, you know 51% of the population. Time to march for males being gunned down in the street and murdered then if we are being consistent.
I can tell you now there is a good reason why I've never been murdered by the Police. And it has nothing to do with being a man or white.
staylor26 08:18 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Oh man, you're right...that WAAAAAS Lebron.

Just another reliable narrator operating completely in good faith every time he ties on those sweat-shop manufactured Nikes.
Whitlock called Lebron out for that back then too. That’s why I don’t get this narrative that he’s all of a sudden changed. He’s not saying racism doesn’t exist. He’s just very reasonable about it.
Page 187 of 205
« First < 87137177183184185186187 188189190191197 > Last »
Up