Page 13 of 173
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs suspended Tyreek Hill
TribalElder 10:21 PM 04-25-2019
Channel 5 just busted in and showed veach saying Hill is suspended for now
BlackOp 11:24 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Dorsey is playing chess while Clark Hunt is playing checkers
No doubt about that...have to think this is some karmic payback for fucking him over. Hunt...Hill...Berry blowing out his Achilles.

Good thing Mahomes is immune to petty shit...the gods like him better than everyone else.
scho63 11:25 PM 04-25-2019
Remember when Kelce has maturity issues now you don’t hear a peep because he has grown up on the field. Hill needs to follow whatever Kelce did to get it turned around.
These two issues aren't even in the same universe. :-)
RealSNR 11:25 PM 04-25-2019
Nah actually it taught me discipline and to never make the same mistake again. It’s a life lesson. However I never got punched in the chest let alone when I was 3
You seem to believe in that mode of discipline strongly because it worked for you when you were a kid, right?

Let's say you have a kid, and you're among the best at what you do in your field. A new benefit package is instituted at your work to show their appreciation for you. "In four years if you keep up your same level of productivity while also doing absolutely nothing to make us think you're a giant piece of shit in your domestic life, we will pay you 10s of millions of dollars in guaranteed money to continue working for us, thereby setting you and your family up financially for the rest of your life."

All you have to do is make sure nobody gets the slightest notion in their head, whether true or false, that you might be even sorta abusive. That's it.

Would you still discipline your child with a belt?

I'm not proposing this hypothetical to debate the morality of using the belt or any other implement to discipline your kid. I'm saying if that offer came to you, do you really think using a belt on your kid is the way to go? Do you think you would continue to use that mode of discipline as a parent and not think anything of the possibility that your work might view that as behavior unworthy of their mega millions in cash reward?

That's what I'm getting at. Tyreek was THIS close to getting those millions, and he did that to his fucking kid anyway.
New World Order 11:25 PM 04-25-2019
I'm going from waking up every morning and checking to see if we executed a blockbuster trade to waking up every morning to see if Tyreek has been released.
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:26 PM 04-25-2019
Okay, so you don't want to cut Hill so that another team gets a shot at him. Where do you draw the line?

If one of these dudes beat the shit out of your wife or child, would you still hope the Chiefs held onto him if he could take the top off of a defense?
Sassy Squatch 11:27 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I'm going from waking up every morning and checking to see if we had executed a blockbuster trade to waking up every morning to see if Tyreek has been released.
He's not playing anytime soon regardless of of he's on the team or not, so don't worry about it.
carcosa 11:27 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by wazu:
Just curious - when you say "hitting a kid" do you include any form of spanking?
I mean, yeah. Somebody the child innately trusts to protect them is physically hurting them. It's a lower degree of trauma, but it's still trauma. So, in my opinion, it's unacceptable.

I understand that tradition and the frustration of parenting make spanking acceptable to a lot of people, and I don't judge those people for being raised to believe it's ok. But based on what I've learned about how trauma affects people, I will never, ever spank my own kids. Ever.
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:28 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
You seem to believe in that mode of discipline strongly because it worked for you when you were a kid, right?

Let's say you have a kid, and you're among the best at what you do in your field. A new benefit package is instituted at your work to show their appreciation for you. "In four years if you keep up your same level of productivity while also doing absolutely nothing to make us think you're a giant piece of shit in your domestic life, we will pay you 10s of millions of dollars in guaranteed money to continue working for us, thereby setting you and your family up financially for the rest of your life."

All you have to do is make sure nobody gets the slightest notion in their head, whether true or false, that you might be even sorta abusive. That's it.

Would you still discipline your child with a belt?

I'm not proposing this hypothetical to debate the morality of using the belt or any other implement to discipline your kid. I'm saying if that offer came to you, do you really think using a belt on your kid is the way to go? Do you think you would continue to use that mode of discipline as a parent and not think anything of the possibility that your work might view that as behavior unworthy of their mega millions in cash reward?

That's what I'm getting at. Tyreek was THIS close to getting those millions, and he did that to his ****ing kid anyway.
Tbh yes. Nowadays this nation is getting soft. Everyone gets offended by anything and expects handouts. A little discipline in someone’s life would change them and ultimately change this country.
FAX 11:28 PM 04-25-2019
Great Jesus ...

Corporal punishment with a damn belt? What kind of belt? I'm pretty sure that some belts are designed to hurt more than others. Some belts will simply leave welts while others are embedded with metal that cuts right through to the bone. And I'm sure some guys consider the buckle the business end.

Why not beat the kid with a snowshoe? Or strangle him with a pair of pants?

WTF are we talking about here?

FAX
007 11:29 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Tyreek is done. If he for some reason doesn’t get released, he will absolutely get railroaded by the NFL.

They made the commissioners exempt list for these situations.
Yeah, because it worked out so well with Hunt right? NFL screwed the Chiefs on that one.
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:29 PM 04-25-2019
Tbh yes. Nowadays this nation is getting soft. Everyone gets offended by anything and expects handouts. A little discipline in someone’s life would change them and ultimately change this country.
Can you point me to the data that demonstrates that hitting your kid with a belt results in greater success for the child?
kcpasco 11:29 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Okay, so you don't want to cut Hill so that another team gets a shot at him. Where do you draw the line?

If one of these dudes beat the shit out of your wife or child, would you still hope the Chiefs held onto him if he could take the top off of a defense?
Hill is getting suspended by the Chiefs because the NFL refuses to make a proper policy. Why do you have problem with this?

Clark got bent over last time and his asshole probably still hurts.
mr. tegu 11:29 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
You're missing the point. The kid was 3 fucking years old. What could a 3 year old possibly do to warrant that?

I believe you are missing the point. Mainly that while a belt is appalling to you, it probably isn’t to him (in fact it might a great tool to him) and therefore questions like what the kid could do to deserve it are not relevant in his perspective. It might be like someone who is appalled by spanking asking a parent who regular spanks occasionally for discipline what they could possibly do to deserve it.
Frazod 11:31 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by carcosa:
It's dispiriting to see so many people say "my parents kicked my ass and I'm fine." You might think you are, but I guarantee that you're repressing a LOT of shit that needs to be unpacked.

Trauma is really fucking complicated.
You know, maybe we're not. Maybe we just learned from it, gained strength from it, without the need of headshrinkers, prescribed personality-altering drugs, therapy dogs or fucking safe spaces.

I remember once I was goofing off in the grocery store. A woman I didn't know smacked the shit out of me, then grabbed me by my ear and took me to my mom and told her what I did and what she did. Mom's reaction - she was mortified - not because a stranger had hit her child, but because her child had created a situation that warranted a stranger hitting her child. So she smacked the shit out of me again, thanked the woman and apologized for my behavior. Then, after we got home, I got my ass kicked a third time. Now, this was well over 40 years ago, and I don't even remember what I did in the first place to rate those three beatings, but I'm damned sure I never did it again.

I guess you'd want the woman in the grocery store to get 20 years hard labor, right? :-)
FAX 11:31 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Hunt had known anger issues before the draft. Thats why he dropped. The Chiefs thought they could fix him. They were wrong,

Hill had known issues with anger. Serious violence. The Chiefs knew and did the rest of the NFL. Thats why he dropped to to us in the 5th. The Chiefs thought they could fix him. They were wrong,

Clark had issues with violence before the draft. The Chiefs trade for him. give him a ton of money. Will history repeat itself.
Peters is another example of a Dorsey guy with "character" issues. His history was not known to be as violent, of course.

Unless you count the bus attack on the coach.

They couldn't fix him, either.

FAX
Page 13 of 173
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Up