ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What a great time to travel!!
BIG_DADDY 12:43 PM 12-14-2020
If you are not one of Fauci's flock this is a great time to travel. I get free air but the hotels and airfare are super cheap. In the last 9 months we have traveled all over and done jiu-jitsu tournaments in Florida and Texas. We have also been to Colorado, Oregon and Arizona. My only regret was missing 2 weeks in Mexico. We have went to Texas so many times we are currently looking for a house in the Fort Worth area. So nice to go to the Ice House and listen to some live music and be normal. I hope you guys are having a great holiday with the people that matter the most. Go Chiefs!!!!
[Reply]
markdis 01:31 AM 05-08-2023
Anyone been to India recently?
Do they still have some covid restrictions?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:49 AM 05-08-2023
Originally Posted by markdis:
Here's a site that might help you.

https://www.kayak.com/travel-restrictions?
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:17 AM 05-08-2023
Use ChatGPT as an itenerary generator

Just provide your criteria

Me:
Munich, Germany
Drink beer and eat local food
5 days
2K budget

AI:
Day 1: Arrival in Munich

Welcome to Munich! Upon your arrival at Munich International Airport, a private driver will be waiting to take you to your accommodation. After checking in and freshening up, start your vacation by strolling through the iconic Marienplatz, the city's central square. Take in the stunning architecture of the New Town Hall and the famous Glockenspiel. In the evening, indulge in a delicious Bavarian meal at the historic Ratskeller Restaurant, located beneath the New Town Hall.

Day 2: Munich City Tour & Beer Tasting

Begin your day with a delicious breakfast at your accommodation. Then, embark on a private guided city tour that takes you to Munich's most famous landmarks, such as the Nymphenburg Palace, the Olympic Park, and the English Garden. For lunch, visit the upscale Kaisergarten Restaurant, known for its traditional Bavarian dishes.

In the afternoon, enjoy a guided beer tasting tour that includes visits to some of the city's most famous breweries, such as Paulaner, Augustiner, and Hofbräuhaus. Learn about the rich history of Munich's beer culture and taste a variety of brews accompanied by delicious local snacks.

Day 3: Dachau Concentration Camp & BMW Museum

After breakfast, take a private tour to the Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site, where you will learn about the tragic history of the Holocaust. This insightful tour will leave you with a profound understanding of the past and an appreciation for the present.

In the afternoon, visit the BMW Museum and BMW Welt, where you can discover the fascinating world of automotive engineering and design. For dinner, try the local specialties at the elegant Restaurant Pfistermühle, situated in a historic building dating back to the 16th century.

Day 4: Neuschwanstein Castle

Prepare for an unforgettable day trip to Neuschwanstein Castle, one of Germany’s most famous castles and a true fairytale destination. Enjoy a guided tour of the castle and the picturesque surroundings, complete with lunch at a nearby traditional Bavarian restaurant.

In the evening, return to Munich and unwind

Day 5: Profit
[Reply]
scho63 07:52 AM 05-08-2023
BIG FAIL! No tour of the Red Light District.......:-)
[Reply]
TLO 07:52 AM 05-08-2023
Fuck this bot.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 08:44 AM 05-08-2023
Headed to The Maldives in December. Staying at a resort named Vakkaru Maldives. Has anyone traveled there before that has any tips/shit to avoid. I just completed my diver's certification so I'm looking forward to doing some diving, but other than that just really looking forward to some rest and relaxation.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:49 AM 05-08-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Headed to The Maldives in December. Staying at a resort named Vakkaru Maldives. Has anyone traveled there before that has any tips/shit to avoid. I just completed my diver's certification so I'm looking forward to doing some diving, but other than that just really looking forward to some rest and relaxation.
Crave went there last month with 3 former Playmates of the month
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 08:54 AM 05-08-2023
I miss the hotel prices during COVID. It was a great time to travel no doubt
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:37 AM 05-08-2023
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
I miss the hotel prices during COVID. It was a great time to travel no doubt
Yeah, but the lack of staffing got a little creepy sometimes. There were times when I felt like I should be checking myself in and out because there was nobody around.

Staffing still isn't great, but at least now there's usually someone behind the desk when I go in. There are some services that I bet never come back, like daily bedmaking and housekeeping, but I generally turned those down anyway. The "Do Not Disturb" sign goes up the second I enter the room and it doesn't come down until I check out.
[Reply]
Talisman 10:59 AM 05-08-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Yeah, but the lack of staffing got a little creepy sometimes. There were times when I felt like I should be checking myself in and out because there was nobody around.

Staffing still isn't great, but at least now there's usually someone behind the desk when I go in. There are some services that I bet never come back, like daily bedmaking and housekeeping, but I generally turned those down anyway. The "Do Not Disturb" sign goes up the second I enter the room and it doesn't come down until I check out.
I just hate that so many businesses have used COVID as an excuse for being lazy. Free continental breakfast. Uh, why isn't the waffle maker running? We had to shut it down due to COVID. Oh, but it's safe for me to try to spread this frozen chunk of butter onto a piece of toast shoulder to shoulder with a lady taking the opportunity to squeeze all of the tangerines. Sure.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:08 AM 05-08-2023
Originally Posted by Talisman:
I just hate that so many businesses have used COVID as an excuse for being lazy. Free continental breakfast. Uh, why isn't the waffle maker running? We had to shut it down due to COVID. Oh, but it's safe for me to try to spread this frozen chunk of butter onto a piece of toast shoulder to shoulder with a lady taking the opportunity to squeeze all of the tangerines. Sure.
Yeah, I figure that daily housekeeping is gone forever, because the hotels are realizing that if nobody provides it, it's not a competitive disadvantage to save the money. I'm surprised that they're still doing the breakfast foods for the same reason.

But man, the breakfast foods are always terrible. I don't really care if they go away either, but at some point it would be nice to pass some of those savings on to the customer.
[Reply]
Spott 12:24 PM 05-08-2023
Originally Posted by Talisman:

Same thing with Starbucks. Almost all of them no longer have cream, sugar or any other condiments on the counter after they realized they could save money on it and it was less work, not to mention it made it easier for customers to order a higher priced specialty drink. On the bright side it has made me stop going there altogether, except for when I’m at an airport and there’s limited options.

It feels like AirBnb has done the same thing with their excessive cleaning fees that were pretty rare a few years ago.
[Reply]
Otter 01:40 PM 05-08-2023
That's right up there with Ethiopia of places to visit.

Places I haven't been but want to go:

New Zealand
Iceland
Norway
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 01:42 PM 05-08-2023
Heading back out to Japan for two weeks in a little over a month. They just lifted any travel restrictions in regards to covid test or vaccines.
[Reply]
Otter 01:45 PM 05-08-2023
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Heading back out to Japan for two weeks in a little over a month. They just lifted any travel restrictions in regards to covid test or vaccines.
Good place to feel tall at 5' 10"
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Up