ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 149 of 295
« First < 4999139145146147148149 150151152153159199249 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:17 PM 09-12-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
There may be a reason for that
Sure fucking hope not. His abilities as a receiver were the edge that led to us drafting him.
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:18 PM 09-12-2021
CEH is going have big games and games that he doesn't do all that much but I'm still happy and stoked that he is a Chief and he is going make some people look foolish.

This offensive line is a work in progress those guys gel together and we will be unstoppable.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 06:18 PM 09-12-2021
Idk I didn't see that many holes today
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:18 PM 09-12-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Alot of it is because they pull him in obvious pass downs because apparently they don't trust his blitz pickup.
Blitz pick-up is an understated part of Hunt and Damien's games that we sorely miss right now. CEH's biggest weakness imho.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:19 PM 09-12-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Playing Cleveland makes me bitter about losing Kareem Hunt. CEH is a decent back but he’s not Hunt. We could use that kind of attitude on offense.
Me too. The Browns have been a championship team with Kareem.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:20 PM 09-12-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
CEH is going have big games and games that he doesn't do all that much but I'm still happy and stoked that he is a Chief and he is going make some people look foolish.

This offensive line is a work in progress those guys gel together and we will be unstoppable.
The OL did their jobs, Clyde fucked up the opportunities for big gains
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 06:20 PM 09-12-2021
I think that Clyde's skill set is a good fit for the offense, but obviously the Chiefs make no effort to get him the ball consistently. That's very important for a guy like him. Any game the Chiefs have made him a big part of the game plan, he has performed extremely well.

He's not a good blocker right now which is going to cut into his playing time a ton, Andy trusts Williams way more on passing downs. It's a tough situation. If a player isn't fitting in exactly like Andy wants or if that player has one flaw that hinders Andy's game plan, he tends to just forget about that person very quickly.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 06:21 PM 09-12-2021
It was a tough day in the trenches all around. DL showed up late. Chris Jones had a big day.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:23 PM 09-12-2021
Hopefully it’s just a matter of learning this new power game, it just kinda looks like he’s overthinking it and not trusting his instincts… he’s running to the prescribed hole, not the one that opens up

There is still hope left though IMHO, he didn’t look like this the first few weeks last season… just gimme something better next week
[Reply]
-King- 06:24 PM 09-12-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Even Hunt had a few games where he got stonewalled at the line, but where him and a healthy Damien Williams made up for that was how clutch they were as receivers out of the backfield when Kelce and Hill were blanketed. This was supposed to be what separated CEH from the other RB's, but we just have not seen that yet. Hunt and DWill were also aces as blockers for Patrick in the backfield, and that might be the most concerning part of CEH's game so far.
The fact that he has to be pulled every 3rd and long for Darrell Williams of all people is very concerning. Williams isn't bad, but he's absolutely not the guy that youd think would be a 3rd down back. I dont know why McKinnon didn't even get any snaps on offense today.

But I noticed issues in CEHs vision and ability to hit the hole last year and it looks more of the same this year. He's not a bad player but he's looking more and more like a #2.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:25 PM 09-12-2021
He’s ok for our offense. He’s not built for short yardage at all. Sometimes he dances too much instead of trusting his hole is going to be there. He’s never going to be a guy who can carry the team on his back and doesn’t need to be.
[Reply]
JakeF 06:29 PM 09-12-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
He’s ok for our offense. He’s not built for short yardage at all. Sometimes he dances too much instead of trusting his hole is going to be there. He’s never going to be a guy who can carry the team on his back and doesn’t need to be.
He might be built for our offense if we could block. Right now, we need a battering ram that slams forward for 3 yards after contact. It was pretty startling how much harder Cleveland's RB ran than ours.

Chubb and Hunt were men determined to take every inch they could. Our RB's just take what they can get, very relaxed.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 06:35 PM 09-12-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
The fact that he has to be pulled every 3rd and long for Darrell Williams of all people is very concerning. Williams isn't bad, but he's absolutely not the guy that youd think would be a 3rd down back. I dont know why McKinnon didn't even get any snaps on offense today.

But I noticed issues in CEHs vision and ability to hit the hole last year and it looks more of the same this year. He's not a bad player but he's looking more and more like a #2.
There were at least 2 runs where CEH basically cut the wrong way, when the hole or alley was open wide and just a couple of steps away. He did it quite a bit last year too.

If he is still missing those openings in the second half of the season, maybe #1 (or #31) should be getting more carries.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:39 PM 09-12-2021
Vision looks to be a bit of an issue, which is concerning because he lacks any type of speed or explosion.

Our best case scenario for him as a pro is to be similar to Emmitt Smith or Priest Holmes. What made those two guys great, among other things, was vision.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:41 PM 09-12-2021
That swing pass he took for 15-20 yards highlighted what I really don't love about the guy. Damien Williams probably takes that pass for 40, meanwhile CEH got chased down by a LB.

I just think this offense would benefit from a quicker back. CEH and Darrel Williams are sooooooo slow.
[Reply]
Page 149 of 295
« First < 4999139145146147148149 150151152153159199249 > Last »
Up