ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 147 of 295
« First < 4797137143144145146147 148149150151157197247 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 04:23 PM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Ian Rappaport just reported not serious, NOT a high ankle, should be fine and ready for the season.
Considering the shitty condition of the field last night, the Chiefs should have refused to play the game.
[Reply]
TEX 04:56 PM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
I think we may regret passing in Jonathan Taylor. CEH is a nice back but he’s not explosive and doesn’t have the breakaway speed/ big play ability that Taylor has.
Yep. Taylor was the RB I wanted. Never liked the CEH pick from the beginning. He's too small and a liability in pass protection. But, I'll defer to the wisdom of Veach and Reid. We'll see...
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:08 PM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Yep. Taylor was the RB I wanted. Never liked the CEH pick from the beginning. He's too small and a liability in pass protection. But, I'll defer to the wisdom of Veach and Reid. We'll see...
Let's not forget Mahomes. He wanted him.
[Reply]
TEX 06:11 PM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Let's not forget Mahomes. He wanted him.
Yes. I know. I'm not sure if it was more of an endorsement or if they went after the guy that he wanted. I don't want to sound like I'm blaming anybody, I just wanted Taylor the whole way and thought he would be the more complete back.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 07:41 PM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Considering the shitty condition of the field last night, the Chiefs should have refused to play the game.
The cookie sheet was only half baked. Very dangerous.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:13 PM 08-21-2021
:-)

Mahomes didn't make the decision. Veach did. He had made the decision, then texted Mahomes, and Mahomes said "CEH". Veach was like, "Cool, same page then."

Patrick isn't playing GM, nor are the Chiefs bowing to his will on personnel matters. Stop this dumb shit.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:44 PM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
:-)

Mahomes didn't make the decision. Veach did. He had made the decision, then texted Mahomes, and Mahomes said "CEH". Veach was like, "Cool, same page then."

Patrick isn't playing GM, nor are the Chiefs bowing to his will on personnel matters. Stop this dumb shit.
No shit. Geeez...
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:46 PM 08-21-2021
I couldn’t care less about CEH’s breakaway ability. Priest’s longest run in 2003 was 31 yards. He was drafted for his pass catching ability, which never really appeared last year (and was sorely needed vs the Bucs). This was what set him apart from the other running backs available and what will be disappointing is if he never develops the critical chemistry Damien Williams had with Patrick in each postseason.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:57 PM 08-21-2021
CEH will be fine. He just needs a little more patience.

Last year probably held him back a bit. He couldn’t be patient. The line couldn’t run block, so he needed to just take what he could get every time.

He needs a little prime Leveon Bell to his game. Our line won’t be able to hold like the Steelers were allowed to, but the holes will be there.
[Reply]
-King- 09:11 PM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

Last year probably held him back a bit. He couldn’t be patient. The line couldn’t run block, so he needed to just take what he could get every time.

He needs a little prime Leveon Bell to his game. Our line won’t be able to hold like the Steelers were allowed to, but the holes will be there.
I made a post last year about Bell helping CEH with his vision because I noticed him missing holes then too...but then Bell turned out to be extremely shitty so welp.
[Reply]
RustShack 09:27 PM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
I made a post last year about Bell helping CEH with his vision because I noticed him missing holes then too...but then Bell turned out to be extremely shitty so welp.
CEH was great before the OL got dinged up. With said banged up OL, Bell was moved to the bench.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:50 PM 08-21-2021
CEH is playing at a high level as is for all the doubters. He would have lead all rookie RB's had he not gotten hurt.
[Reply]
eDave 09:53 PM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
The cookie sheet was only half baked. Very dangerous.
Ton of rain recently didn't help. Most rain in a very long time here.
[Reply]
eDave 09:56 PM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

Exactly. This isn't just him getting used to a new line. It's him getting used to a new line that is getting used to being a new line.

Probably takes time for all of that to come together. And that includes Mahomes playing when many think he shouldn't. Reps matter. A lot.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:51 AM 08-22-2021
CEH is a super-high character guy who had his best games against Alabama and the cream of the SEC crop. Dude battles harder to finish runs and scratch out a couple extra yards than any back I've ever seen. I have no doubt he'll work hard and hopefully figure things out.

At least we don't have to worry about him kicking some girl in the butt outside a hotel room.
[Reply]
Page 147 of 295
« First < 4797137143144145146147 148149150151157197247 > Last »
Up