ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 135 of 295
« First < 3585125131132133134135 136137138139145185235 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:57 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
2nd in rushing yards
1st in yards per rushing attempt for back with more than 100 carries
4th in yards per rushing attempt for back with more than 75 carries

SIXTH in rushing attempts.

10th in receiving yards among all RB's
4th in receiving targets among RB's
6th in receiving yards
7th in yards per receptions for back with more than 15 receptions

If you take all of the stats and put them together, he's right on the line between the 2nd and 3rd best overall RB in the league.
That's really awesome. Having Bell in the fold now should help him maintain his effectiveness going forward. I love that he's settling in and finding/hitting the holes better.

A skilled RB is a GREAT pick for the last pick in the first round. Extra year of control for the exact player you want.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:01 PM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
But it’s stupid to take a RB in the 1st!!

/draft idiots
Hey not all of us draftubators are this closed minded!

Although I still probably wouldn’t ever take a RB with a top 10 pick, I always thought it was silly to say you can’t take one mid-late 1st, especially at 32.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:03 PM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
But it’s stupid to take a RB in the 1st!!

/draft idiots
Define "1st"?

I'm one of those that is adamant about not ever taking a RB in the first round.

Then again, I never expected us to be picking #32 overall and having so few holes. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:06 PM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Hey not all of us draftubators are this closed minded!

Although I still probably wouldn’t ever take a RB with a top 10 pick, I always thought it was silly to say you can’t take one mid-late 1st, especially at 32.
Depending on the team, I still wouldn't take one in the 20's. I would have never taken Larry Johnson, for example.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:05 PM 10-28-2020
"Never" is too strong a word.

Who here wouldn't take Marshall Faulk in the first round, even say in the top 20?

How about Barry Sanders?

Emmit Smith?

Ricky Watters?

LaDanian?

Gale Sayers?

Curtis Martin?

Bo Jackson?

Even Jim Brown?

If a generational RB falls to you, especially if you have a need at RB, I think you take him, assuming you already have a QB and at least one real WR1, or maybe a good pass-catching TE.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:26 PM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
"Never" is too strong a word.

Who here wouldn't take Marshall Faulk in the first round, even say in the top 20?

How about Barry Sanders?

Emmit Smith?

Ricky Watters?

LaDanian?

Gale Sayers?

Curtis Martin?

Bo Jackson?

Even Jim Brown?

If a generational RB falls to you, especially if you have a need at RB, I think you take him, assuming you already have a QB and at least one real WR1, or maybe a good pass-catching TE.
Generational RB's almost always go top 10.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:43 PM 10-28-2020
Barry Sanders?

Emmit Smith?

Ricky Watters?

LaDanian?

Gale Sayers?

Curtis Martin?

Bo Jackson?

Even Jim Brown?
Ummm........ One of these (arguably two) is not like the others.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:50 PM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:

Yeah, I probably wouldn't spend a first on Martin and, as weird as it is to say, it might have to be a late first for Smith and maybe Watters.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:50 PM 10-28-2020

Well sure. I was trying to make a bit of a range, not just a who's who HOF list. Just trying to poke a few holes in the idea that a RB should never be taken in the first round or high in the first round.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:50 PM 10-28-2020
If you continue to use Mahomes as one should and essentially just take what the defense gives you, there is nothing wrong with the investment in CEH for me. It makes defenses pay for the light boxes that they present us all the time.

That pick is allowing us to play a brand of complementary football that we struggled mightily to do last year.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:51 PM 10-28-2020
Well sure. I was trying to make a bit of a range, not just a who's who HOF list. Just trying to poke a few holes in the idea that a RB should never be taken in the first round or high in the first round.
Oh, I thought you said generational RB.

[Reply]
Megatron96 01:54 PM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Yeah, I probably wouldn't spend a first on Martin and, as weird as it is to say, it might have to be a late first for Smith and maybe Watters.
Eh, maybe. But Watters would literally be a perfect fit in Andy's offense. I think Curtis would be pretty good as well. Both very good runners, just about perfect size-wise, and great receivers out of the backfield.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:59 PM 10-28-2020
Oh, I thought you said generational RB.

Who on my list isn't generational? Okay, Curtis might be on the fence there, and maybe Ricky, but they're right there. But look at their stats; they both were pretty damned good running/receiving backs for most of their careers. They'd be a plus on nearly any team, certainly most any team in 2020.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:01 PM 10-28-2020
In this day and age, I would NEVER take a RB in the top 15.

Look at Saquon Barkely. He's now missed 8 games in 2 seasons, after making it through his rookie year.

As much as we lamented RBBC back in the 1990's, the NFL has changed. Feature backs just aren't worth it anymore. You need a couple of guys that can present matchup problems all over the field.

Name a RB drafted in the top 10 in the last 10 years that actually ended up being worth the pick. McCaffrey was 8th overall, that might be it.

Leonard Fournette? Meh. As good as Ezekiel Elliott is, you can't win playoff games feeding him the ball like that.

Trent Richardson was a complete bust.

I mean, I'm probably missing a few but other than McCaffrey, who is the real difference maker on that list?

The top of the draft is for DE, DT, OT, and QB. That's where championship teams are built when it comes down to it.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:04 PM 10-28-2020
Eh, maybe. But Watters would literally be a perfect fit in Andy's offense. I think Curtis would be pretty good as well. Both very good runners, just about perfect size-wise, and great receivers out of the backfield.
Martin's 4.0 yards per carry isn't going to excite anyone enough to spend a first on him. Hell, that wouldn't be top 10 this season.
[Reply]
Page 135 of 295
« First < 3585125131132133134135 136137138139145185235 > Last »
Up