ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 93 of 324
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143193 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Why Not? 07:35 AM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by jaa1025:
So you think one or both will be Chiefs in 2020? I don't.
Read your original post a little more closely.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 07:38 AM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
A Brandon Graham'll probably cost you like $10 mill. A KJ Wright or Anthony Barr like $8 mill. and a Landon Collins or Earl Thomas like $9 million.

So, what you're saying if you want to keep Houston/Ford is that you'd rather have those 2 guys who were on the #31 defense instead of Graham+Collins+Barr.

This is reminiscent of the DV years. He stuck with Robinson too long and then Gunther's was brought in and they signed a dream team of "top" free agents - Bell, Surtain, Knight. And the D continued to implode.

Not saying it is going to with Spags, bit it could. Like I said earlier, Spag's D's tend to run really hot and really cold. Hopefully his hot year coincides with a decent schedule and few injuries on the offense.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:45 AM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
This is reminiscent of the DV years. He stuck with Robinson too long and then Gunther's was brought in and they signed a dream team of "top" free agents - Bell, Surtain, Knight. And the D continued to implode.

Not saying it is going to with Spags, bit it could. Like I said earlier, Spag's D's tend to run really hot and really cold. Hopefully his hot year coincides with a decent schedule and few injuries on the offense.

Spag's defenses run hot and cold only if you do not look at the surrounding situation. In a vaccuum, you could say, yeah, his defenses are either real good or shitty.

OR you could consider asking why that might be, and look into the situations, which have been discussed here ad nauseum.

I would say that Spagnuolo has shown that in a stable environment, with a stable head coaching situation, he can build and deploy a good defense.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:48 AM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Spag's defenses run hot and cold only if you do not look at the surrounding situation. In a vaccuum, you could say, yeah, his defenses are either real good or shitty.

OR you could consider asking why that might be, and look into the situations, which have been discussed here ad nauseum.

I would say that Spagnuolo has shown that in a stable environment, with a stable head coaching situation, he can build and deploy a good defense.
I disagree,

However how do you feel about Jalen Ramsey?
[Reply]
New World Order 07:54 AM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:

If they can just stop the run and stop backs catching out of the backfield it will be a monumental improvement compared to last year.

The question is simply this: Can Spag get us from 31st to 21st in defensive ypg in 2019? With a good offseason from Veach this certainly is achievable.

If we were top 20 in defensive ypg and top 18 in defensive ppg this team would have beaten NE twice, LA Rams and the LA Chargers.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:59 AM 01-29-2019
Can we forget the Jalen Ramsey talk? Feel like the odds are next to nothing there. Especially for a team that desperately needs cheap contributors, not the soon to be highest paid CB.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:08 AM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Can we forget the Jalen Ramsey talk? Feel like the odds are next to nothing there. Especially for a team that desperately needs cheap contributors, not the soon to be highest paid CB.
Who's talking about Ramsey? naw. hell naw.

They won't all be choir boys, but we don't need to seek out lockerroom problems.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:13 AM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Look I don’t like Spags, but I know his defense. We need elite secondary players. If we let ford and Houston walk (we should) we can sign him.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:19 AM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Look I don’t like Spags, but I know his defense. We need elite secondary players. If we let ford and Houston walk (we should) we can sign him.
To sign him first you gotta trade for him which will cost a TON
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 08:20 AM 01-29-2019
I disagree,

However how do you feel about Jalen Ramsey?
Trading one problem (peters) for another a season later(ramsey) would be the dumbest thing we could do.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:21 AM 01-29-2019
Trade for Bouye and sign Amos

Draft Mack Wilson at linebacker in the first
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:22 AM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard:
Trading one problem (peters) for another a season later(ramsey) would be the dumbest thing we could do.
Just because he is mouthy doesn’t make him a problem, he never punched a coach or been ejected from a game.

Andy Reid has proven he can handle player like him.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:23 AM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Trade for Bouye
You can’t because on contract, it’s not that you won’t have to pay Jalen but You can at least structure his contract.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:25 AM 01-29-2019
You can’t because on contract, it’s not that you won’t have to pay Jalen but You can at least structure his contract.
We can afford Bouye's contract

Especially if Ford isn't returning
[Reply]
RunKC 08:28 AM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Trade for Xhavier Rhodes and sign Amos

Draft Devin Bush at linebacker in the first
FYP
[Reply]
Page 93 of 324
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143193 > Last »
Up