ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 68 of 324
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118168 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:52 PM 01-26-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Holy fucking shit. I cant believe there are people that complain about us scoring too fast. No coach is going to say "Hey now take it easy and go slow. Dont throw it deep and run off as much time as possible". You fucking idiots act like a scoring drive is guaranteed. What if the drive stalls and you just wasted a couple of minutes getting to the 50 and lose the ball. Games over. God damn that "scoring too fast" is such a ridiculously stupid take. I honestly have no clue how some of you fucking retards manage to even create an account on here.
Well we did score too fast. So there's that.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:00 AM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Well we did score too fast. So there's that.
When you are trailing there is no such thing as scoring too fast. You take what you can get
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 12:01 AM 01-27-2019
0 points and 32 yards in the first half and some people don't realize Reid is part of the problem.
[Reply]
jaa1025 12:18 AM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Problem isn't Andy right now.

It's Veach
Why? He's still an unknown. GM's first drafts can generally be thrown out plus they didn't have a first rounder....because of the great drafting of Mahomes, who's discovery can largely be credited to Veach.

Veach didn't force Sutton to run an outdated and overly complex system with a coaching staff that struggles to teach and reinforce basic technique. He didn't sign 2 horrible contract extensions to EB and Houston that strangled the cap.

He signed Watkins to protect Mahomes. It worked. Yes, he was injured again for what 6-7 games? If Ford lines up 4 inches back then that signing looks amazing with the game he had against NE.

He signed Hitchens, who had a good career in Dallas. Suttons horrible scheme can be blamed for his decline but Hitchens will have a great year next year with Spags.

Personally, I wonder if the Chiefs had planned on moving away from the 3-4 all along this year. If that's the case, then Veach was brilliant. Hitchens is a better 4-3 LB. Speaks is a 4-3 DE. DoD is a 4-3 WLB. Nnadi and Williams fit a 4-3 and a 3-4. KPass is a 4-3 DE (Dorsey guy).

Ragland doesn't fit the 4-3 but he was traded for 2 seasons ago now to fill a huge need in Sutton's scheme. I don't mind it at all. Low risk trade. The Irving trade was a good trade who looked surprisingly good outside of being against all world Aaron Donald.

I really liked the Watts pick but it's unfortunate he got hurt. The Lucas signing was great but Sutton refused to play him. Scandrick was a good signing for the big need we had. Ward was a tremendous trade. I like the Fuller trade, who started to play better as the season wore on.

Veach has the next few drafts before I'll start judging him but I'm fine with him so far. He had one draft after being named GM and didn't have any draft capitol. This draft is a huge draft coming up. If he extends both Hill and Jones then he will be ahead of the curve unlike Dorsey, who waited too long on both Houston and EB.
[Reply]
jaa1025 12:24 AM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
0 points and 32 yards in the first half and some people don't realize Reid is part of the problem.
It was more than Reid. They couldn't get on the field. The first two plays, which were running plays with Williams, were horrible IMO. I thought they played a little tight on offense and maybe that's why Reid called them. The line was horrible and Mahomes missed a wide open TD (Wiley missed a block so Mahomes faced pressure) and took a bad sack so they should have been tied 7-7.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 02:04 AM 01-27-2019
Holy ****ing shit. I cant believe there are people that complain about us scoring too fast. No coach is going to say "Hey now take it easy and go slow. Dont throw it deep and run off as much time as possible". You ****ing idiots act like a scoring drive is guaranteed. What if the drive stalls and you just wasted a couple of minutes getting to the 50 and lose the ball. Games over. God damn that "scoring too fast" is such a ridiculously stupid take. I honestly have no clue how some of you ****ing retards manage to even create an account on here.
We were in the fucking redzone with just over 2 minutes left. You cannot possibly be so obtuse as to suggest clock could not have been run here, forcing timeouts out of NE and burning the 2 min warning before scoring the go ahead td. Intelligent coaches do not leave time for the other team, and certainly not over 2 min with 4 time stoppages and going against the worst d on the planet.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 02:09 AM 01-27-2019
When you are trailing there is no such thing as scoring too fast. You take what you can get
OR..... You pull your head out of your ass and do to Brady wha was done to Mahomes. Hold the ball. Put the game in the hands of the mvp instead of BOB FuckING SUTTON.

Run the time off, trust the best facet of your team to win, not hand it to Sutton against Brady and pray.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:41 AM 01-27-2019
http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y974SdaOkJU
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:35 AM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
OR..... You pull your head out of your ass and do to Brady wha was done to Mahomes. Hold the ball. Put the game in the hands of the mvp instead of BOB ****ING SUTTON.

Run the time off, trust the best facet of your team to win, not hand it to Sutton against Brady and pray.
We could get better at ball control, it's true. Of course, when you've got a Tyreek Hill, sometimes that little slant pass goes for a TD, and what are ya gonna do?

We're never going to be great at running the ball when the opponent knows we want to run the ball; it's a factor of Reid's offensive line schemes. They're not maulers, they pull and trap and move. They're not straight ahead road graders. I'll take that, as the creativity there is part of what makes the offense explosive.

As for the defense and compaining they're on the field too much-hey, make a fucking stop. I mean, really. That's the problem with a bend-and-break defense.
[Reply]
Chargem 04:50 AM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
We were in the fucking redzone with just over 2 minutes left. You cannot possibly be so obtuse as to suggest clock could not have been run here, forcing timeouts out of NE and burning the 2 min warning before scoring the go ahead td. Intelligent coaches do not leave time for the other team, and certainly not over 2 min with 4 time stoppages and going against the worst d on the planet.
And by "in the red zone" you mean on the 2 yard line, with 2.03 on the clock. There's just not a good option there, even if Mahomes takes a knee you're only running 3 seconds off the clock.

If they were at the 10 or 15 and didn't try to run it in over 3 downs I would agree with you.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:42 AM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Or maybe BB just out-coached him? Definitely brought his "A" plan, no doubt about it. I've seen the Chiefs start slow, but that was a complete neutralization.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:45 AM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Or maybe BB just out-coached him? Definitely brought his "A" plan, no doubt about it. I've seen the Chiefs start slow, but that was a complete neutralization.
Yup. Well, GOAT's are what they are for a reason.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:45 AM 01-27-2019
We lost the game partly because they marched back down the field and scored. Hate it all you want, we scored too fast.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:48 AM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
We lost the game partly because they marched back down the field and scored. Hate it all you want, we scored too fast.
OR, you know, the defense could've gotten a stop. Which they kind of did, (cough, Dee Ford).

shrug.

I mean, you know, it's funny that we've gone from not being able to score ENOUGH to OMG we scored too fast.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:07 AM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
OR, you know, the defense could've gotten a stop. Which they kind of did, (cough, Dee Ford).

shrug.

I mean, you know, it's funny that we've gone from not being able to score ENOUGH to OMG we scored too fast.
There are a lot of "OR" scenarios. How about, OR we could have not sucked on O for the entire first half.

Face it, giving Tom Terrific that long was a contributing factor. And the D sucks too.
[Reply]
Page 68 of 324
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118168 > Last »
Up