ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 324
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:31 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
:-) He's not quite 30 yet and is coming off a pretty good year. He'd get paid big on an open market with all the big name edge rushers likely getting an extension or tagged.

This is his best chance to get one last good payday.
Yup,

Why would he take a pay cut? Some 3-4 team will still pay him good money, plus he won’t have to play DE, a position he hasn’t played in over 7 years
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:32 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Yup,

Why would he take a pay cut? Some 3-4 team will still pay him good money, plus he won’t have to play DE, a position he hasn’t played in over 7 years
A ring.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:32 PM 01-24-2019
Lol if we lose Dee Ford (going to happen) and Houston in same offseason lol
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:34 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
A ring.
Lol,

Wanna know where else he can get a ring?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:35 PM 01-24-2019
It's not like he's going to get a max contract on the open market. He's 30, hasn't had a 10-sack season in five years, and is oft-injured.

I bet if the Chiefs offer him $10 million a year he takes it.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:35 PM 01-24-2019
Lol if we lose Dee Ford (going to happen) and Houston in same offseason lol
I think chances are good, but shit if they're going to swerve hard to the left well they might as well rip the band-aid off and do a rebuild properly.
[Reply]
O.city 08:35 PM 01-24-2019
My point about not being able to trade Dee Ford is the Chiefs won’t have the luxury of leverage. Teams will know he doesn’t fit a 4-3, and possibly decide to keep bidding low or wait for release.

I’m still laughing because people think we have personal for 4-3, hint.... We dont
Based on this year we don’t have the personnel for a 34 either
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:36 PM 01-24-2019
It's not like he's going to get a max contract on the open market. He's 30, hasn't had a 10-sack season in five years, and is oft-injured.

Let's not get crazy now.
[Reply]
O.city 08:37 PM 01-24-2019
How many snaps per game are they in their base front? Les than 20%?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:37 PM 01-24-2019

:-) Nah, there's a reason players have agents. This is more of an expectation from fans that players should do.
[Reply]
In58men 08:38 PM 01-24-2019
TO THE FUCKING SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
O.city 08:40 PM 01-24-2019
Houston seems to like it in kc. I think they’ll keep him around but who knows
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:42 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
This guy has a Super Bowl ring, he's beaten Tom Brady, he's been a head coach.

And some people aren't sure if he's better than Bob Sutton?
Yeah a decade ago when Brady would hold onto the ball more than 2 seconds
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:42 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I think chances are good, but shit if they're going to swerve hard to the left well they might as well rip the band-aid off and do a rebuild properly.
I don't have a problem with it if they do let him go.

I just don't think that's how it will shake out, but if so, that's fine.

For half that money, you can get a solid 4-3 end.

We also have two #2 picks that were shit OLB's as coverage guys but show some pass rush potential.

Let's see what shakes out.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:42 PM 01-24-2019
Personnel Fits/Keys to the 4-3 Front

If you want to run a 4-3 front, what are the key positions to focus on? And what type of skill set are you looking for at those spots? Here are the four positions, starting with the "3-technique" defensive tackle, that I would point to first when building a front seven in the 4-3.

—"3-Technique" defensive tackle

Speed/quickness up the field with the ability to use technique/power at the point of attack to hold the gap. Think of the Bucs’ Gerald McCoy and the Bengals' Geno Atkins or look to this year’s draft class with Pittsburgh’s Aaron Donald and Florida State’s Timmy Jernigan.

—"Open-side" defensive end

The majority of NFL offenses are right handed in terms of formation and alignment, so I look to the open-side end (or right end) as a key factor in the 4-3 front.

You want size, length and true athletic ability on the edge of the defense that can hold the point, turn the corner versus an offensive tackle and play the cutback against the run game. That’s the Rams’ Robert Quinn or the Giants’ Jason Pierre-Paul with Jadeveon Clowney up next in this year’s draft class.

—Will ‘backer

In the 4-3, the Will ‘backer is going to pursue to the football, shoot backside gaps and clean up on cutback runs. He is the “playmaker” at the second level for defenses that run the 40 front. Again, think about athletic ability (versus both the run and the pass) with the Bucs’ Lavonte David or the Bears’ Lance Briggs as prime examples of the skill set you want at the Will 'backer position.

—Mike ‘backer

The Mike ‘backer has to showcase change of direction skills (hip transition), speed down the field in Cover 2 and also fill the hole as a downhill defender versus the one and two-back power-run game. That was Brian Urlacher in the past. And in today’s game, I look at the Panthers’ Luke Kuechly and the Cowboys’ Sean Lee.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...efensive-front
[Reply]
Page 28 of 324
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Up