Wong 2B
Pitcher

Edit:
Matheny fired 07/14/2018

Opening Day Roster
Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 12:22 PM 05-07-2018
Yeah, I'd put Gyorko at 3rd and let Carp sit for a bit atleast.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:59 PM 05-07-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, I'd put Gyorko at 3rd and let Carp sit for a bit atleast.
Yeah, just a bit, like 100 games or so.
[Reply]
VAChief 01:26 PM 05-07-2018
Wong has been really good at 2nd base though.
Yes, and if he hits more like he did this weekend that's better, but too soon to tell. You are going to have to send something back to Baltimore so maybe one of the extra pieces goes back. They won't want Carpenter. However, Gyorko, DeJong or Wong might interest them along with a prospect or two.

I'm not saying it is worth it, because he isn't likely to sign here, but if you get Machado likely someone else is getting dealt to ease the logjam (like the outfiled with Ozuna).
[Reply]
VAChief 01:30 PM 05-07-2018
The only place Carpenter should be playing now is first base. Martinez isn't hitting for power right now and is like a baby goat on an ice pond playing defense. If you are going to give someone a blow right now with Carpenter it should be him. 2/3 Martinez, 1/3 Carp. We need a better left hand option off the bench. If he becomes the line drive doubles machine we paid him to be originally then we can find more at bats for him.
[Reply]
O.city 01:34 PM 05-07-2018
Originally Posted by VAChief:
Yes, and if he hits more like he did this weekend that's better, but too soon to tell. You are going to have to send something back to Baltimore so maybe one of the extra pieces goes back. They won't want Carpenter. However, Gyorko, DeJong or Wong might interest them along with a prospect or two.

I'm not saying it is worth it, because he isn't likely to sign here, but if you get Machado likely someone else is getting dealt to ease the logjam (like the outfiled with Ozuna).
They won't get much of a package back for him I wouldn't think with the impending free agency. If he's a half year rental, I don't know what they'll get.

I wouldn't mind moving DeJong if Manny is the long term SS, but the chances of them re signing him would be slim
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:51 PM 05-07-2018
Heard on the radio at lunch that Molina still has both of his nuts.

Thats good news for him.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:19 PM 05-07-2018
Originally Posted by VAChief:
It's a long season, but I don't think you can have a more satisfying series in May. That Tribune writer that said before the series that the rivalry has lost its luster because the Cardinals are down, can suck the big one.
:-)

Yeah we beat the shit out of them for decades. They kicked our ass for the last 2-3 years. It would be a good thing to have more even handed rivarily.

That one stat from last year that the Cardinals and Cubs had identical records when playing other teams, 78-65. But, the Cubs kicked our ass so they won the division. This year cant go worse. The Cardinals are also now 4-1 vs the Cubs this season; they went 5-14 against them last season.

Any season/weekend/home/away we sweep the Cubs, it’s a good one. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:38 PM 05-07-2018
They won't get much of a package back for him I wouldn't think with the impending free agency. If he's a half year rental, I don't know what they'll get.

I wouldn't mind moving DeJong if Manny is the long term SS, but the chances of them re signing him would be slim
screw giving up Reyes/Hicks or any other high end talent for a couple of months of Manny. He’s going to the Yankees. We need our high end talent. Trading for a long term MOTOB is good but not for a 2 month rental.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:19 PM 05-07-2018
I'm kind of amazed that DeJong has doubled his walk rate from last year. His decline in average is directly correlated to a decrease in his BABIP (which was unsustainable last year), but his ISO is very close to last year. He hasn't played as well defensively, though.

Carpenter is hitting more line drives this year and fewer flyballs. It will depress his HR totals, but his average has to creep up. Just be patient. Fowler has the worst BABIP in baseball and Carpenter is 10th worst, but 40% of his contact is hard. It's just bad luck. If you bench him now, you're likely robbing the team of his regression to the mean, which means a month where he hits .400.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:22 PM 05-07-2018
Why in the hell is Flaherty not starting this game?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:28 PM 05-07-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Started on Friday night in Memphis.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:31 PM 05-07-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Started on Friday night in Memphis.
he could have started this game instead, correct? It was a choice by the Cardinals. They decided to give the spot start to Gant instead of giving the team the best chance to win.
[Reply]
Miles 06:34 PM 05-07-2018
Gant starting with a spent pen is not going to be fun.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:38 PM 05-07-2018
he could have started this game instead, correct? It was a choice by the Cardinals. They decided to give the spot start to Gant instead of giving the team the best chance to win.
Hard to predict pen usage, and he can't come up within 10 days w/o a corresponding injury.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:38 PM 05-07-2018
Originally Posted by Miles:
Gant starting with a spent pen is not going to be fun.
Doesn’t matter if Gant settles down and throws 5 innings of shut down ball. Flaherty may have got shelled, ya never know. But, before the first pitch, there is no one who thinks Gant gave us a better chance to win over Flaherty starting.
[Reply]
Page 66 of 301
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116166 > Last »
Up