Page 274 of 298
« First < 174224264270271272273274 275276277278284 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 10:14 AM 01-21-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
TBH, I think he'll be gone, but I think the Chiefs will do it in their own counterproductive way. They'll be nice instead of cold and cruel, and miss the chance to send a "**** Winston, we want gladiators" suggestion to the team.

Again, "nice, to a fault" is a Hunt family staple...

I hope beyond hope that you are right....but I always look back at that Tennessee game...he SHOULD have been gone then...but sadly, no.

If THAT game didn't result in a firing, why would we think that this game would be any different?

Apparent, we are left with the idea that Reid doesn't mind failure...
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:16 AM 01-21-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I just feel like in order to fix this defense with the craphole the last draft looks like, by the time it's good enough Mahomes is gonna be getting his buttload of money and then that's an issue.
The Chiefs are just going to have to do what every other team is expected to do and manage it. And if certain players don't want to alter their asking price in order to play with a winner, then we'll have to deal with that too. And Mahomes is going to have to learn to win games with two assured weapons instead of 3 or 4. It is what it is.

I used to roll my eyes repeatedly when I would read "this is our best chance to win a Super Bowl"!( and you have to hear it in your head as spoken by a hand-wringing, whining, worrywart-type to get the full impact ).

No it isn't. And no it wasn't. You don't fucking win championships in this league by trotting out a lopsided, bag o' dicks defense-team and expect to "power offense" your way past other high end teams that DO have some balance in their product.

Complete wishful thinking on the part of such rubes. It was proven in the regular season, and it was proven again in the playoffs.
[Reply]
TEX 10:19 AM 01-21-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
The Chiefs are just going to have to do what every other team is expected to do and manage it. And if certain players don't want to alter their asking price in order to play with a winner, then we'll have to deal with that too. And Mahomes is going to have to learn to win games with two assured weapons instead of 3 or 4. It is what it is.

I used to roll my eyes repeatedly when I would read "this is our best chance to win a Super Bowl"!( and you have to hear it in your head as spoken by a hand-wringing, whining, worrywart-type to get the full impact ).

No it isn't. And no it wasn't. You don't ****ing win championships in this league by trotting out a lopsided, bag o' dicks defense-team and expect to "power offense" your way past other high end teams that DO have some balance in their product.

Complete wishful thinking on the part of such rubes. It was proven in the regular season, and it was proven again in the playoffs.
:-) Very well said sir!

"Rubes" :-)
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:19 AM 01-21-2019

No it isn't. And no it wasn't. You don't ****ing win championships in this league by trotting out a lopsided, bag o' dicks defense-team and expect to "power offense" your way past other high end teams that DO have some balance in their product.

It is on the offense too. They had what like -2 total yards for most of first half? That's not going to win you many games or help the D defense
[Reply]
TEX 10:24 AM 01-21-2019
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
The offense only had the ball three times in the first half.

Yes, they failed to execute, and Mahomes took a bad sack in Pats territory that probably cost us a FG.

But at the end of the day, we had the lead with two minutes left. Defense was a complete shit show and let them score easy.

Mahomes comes through and gets the game tied.

Defense promptly shits the bed in OT and gives up 3 consecutive 3rd and 10's because Bob ****ing Sutton thinks an 11 yard cushion for WR's is a great playcall on 3rd and ****ing 10.

This loss is on the defense. Sutton has to ****ing go. Retire or fire, I don't give a ****, but Sutton has to go.
Yep. We ALL KNEW how this season was going to end because we saw how the NE, LAR, LAC games ended during the regular season. Defense will shit the bed when it needs one stop. Last night, they got two chances to prove it, and they did.
[Reply]
FringeNC 10:26 AM 01-21-2019
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
The offense only had the ball three times in the first half.

Yes, they failed to execute, and Mahomes took a bad sack in Pats territory that probably cost us a FG.

But at the end of the day, we had the lead with two minutes left. Defense was a complete shit show and let them score easy.

Mahomes comes through and gets the game tied.

Defense promptly shits the bed in OT and gives up 3 consecutive 3rd and 10's because Bob ****ing Sutton thinks an 11 yard cushion for WR's is a great playcall on 3rd and ****ing 10.

This loss is on the defense. Sutton has to ****ing go. Retire or fire, I don't give a ****, but Sutton has to go.
The thing is though -- it was not fluke 3 and outs where there are a couple of dropped passes. That stuff happens. They were three and outs like we haven't seen this year -- complete domination at the LOS. JFC, we were just mauled on both sides of the ball in the first half, and we were at home!
[Reply]
Jerm 10:28 AM 01-21-2019
TBH, I think he'll be gone, but I think the Chiefs will do it in their own counterproductive way. They'll be nice instead of cold and cruel, and miss the chance to send a "fuck Winston, we want gladiators" suggestion to the team.

Again, "nice, to a fault" is a Hunt family staple...
I'll say this...one of the things I admire and respect about the Patriots is that every decision they make on and off the field...whether it's personnel, coaches, or gameplans is geared towards winning a Super Bowl.

They're cutthroat, ruthless, and pricks....this organization could use a dose of that TBH.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:36 AM 01-21-2019
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
I hope beyond hope that you are right....but I always look back at that Tennessee game...he SHOULD have been gone then...but sadly, no.

If THAT game didn't result in a firing, why would we think that this game would be any different?

Apparent, we are left with the idea that Reid doesn't mind failure...
This is a Hunt family team, it's doomed to failure that could have otherwise been avoided with some stronger leadership.

So all the feel-good stories about how "Clark went out and got Andy" be dammed, he got Andy when he needed to get the next Bill BeliCheat.

I'm not sure there is another BeliCheat, but if there was Clark wouldn't have gone after him. He like coaches that'll give Berry 90% of two years off because his spirits tell him his foot hurts.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:40 AM 01-21-2019

A number of teams this year showed that the Chiefs are soft in the trenches on both sides of the ball. They need to find tougher players for the OL and front 7 on defense. It doesn’t feel like that can be fixed overnight.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:41 AM 01-21-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I'll say this...one of the things I admire and respect about the Patriots is that every decision they make on and off the field...whether it's personnel, coaches, or gameplans is geared towards winning a Super Bowl.

They're cutthroat, ruthless, and pricks....this organization could use a dose of that TBH.
But Clark won't allow that. He'd rather lose and claim he stayed inside the lines than win and tell the world to fuck off.
[Reply]
FringeNC 10:46 AM 01-21-2019
But Clark won't allow that. He'd rather lose and claim he stayed inside the lines than win and tell the world to **** off.
I dunno. Wasn't Pioli the most ruthless SOB out there. Bugging his head coach's office...

This is on Andy. If Sutton doesn't get fired ("retire"), then Veach is GM in name only.
[Reply]
kcpasco 10:59 AM 01-21-2019
I think it’s a given that Veach is GM in name only. I’m sure he’s allowed input on draft day but other than that his only job is to bring Reid BBQ.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:02 AM 01-21-2019
If Bob Sutton is still the DC after this year, I'm not watching those games, they blatantly don't care and I won't waste my time.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:04 AM 01-21-2019
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
complete domination at the LOS
That's the main thing we have to focus on this offseason. Getting tough in the trenches. Especially on defense, but on offense too. Yeah we all know we need major help at DB and MLB, but we lost far too many times at the LOS.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:12 AM 01-21-2019
Originally Posted by lcarus:
That's the main thing we have to focus on this offseason. Getting tough in the trenches. Especially on defense, but on offense too. Yeah we all know we need major help at DB and MLB, but we lost far too many times at the LOS.
Getting tough? Do you do that by paying Chris Jones who should probably have a coach tear him a new asshole for how often he fucks up his run assignment?

This defense needs a general change, they were a bunch of finesse guys who want to get sacks that do freelance things that cause problems. Also the old guard needs to go, Houston and Berry are overpaid players that aren't close to what they once were.
[Reply]
Page 274 of 298
« First < 174224264270271272273274 275276277278284 > Last »
Up