ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 162
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:11 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
You misrepresented his argument, which you're prone to do. He never said this.

See? "If the ball bounces the right way", "they could easily go 12-4". There's nothing in his language that suggest they're a 13-3 team at worst.

He's saying they're a good squad who appears to be a bad matchup for us as well so they're the most likely candidate to be able to knock us off come January. There's nothing wrong with saying that.
Yup
[Reply]
staylor26 12:13 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yup
Don’t backtrack now because they lost their fucking star LB.

You thought the Steelers would lose to the Ravens maybe once, and maybe the Bills/Titans games could be losses.

You were not giving the Colts or Browns a chance, so that means there were 2-3 games you thought they could lose.

It’s pretty obvious based on how you talked about their remaining games that you were predicting 14-2 or 13-3 at worst.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:08 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Don’t backtrack now because they lost their fucking star LB.

You thought the Steelers would lose to the Ravens maybe once, and maybe the Bills/Titans games could be losses.

You were not giving the Colts or Browns a chance, so that means there were 2-3 games you thought they could lose.

It’s pretty obvious based on how you talked about their remaining games that you were predicting 14-2 or 13-3 at worst.
Dude, just fucking stop. This is embarrassing.

There is no issue with what he said. He made a prediction that they could go 14-2 or 13-3 if everything goes right based on the rest of their schedule. The toughest games they've got left are BAL twice, BUF, and TEN. All of those teams are run-first squads with QBs who start to look shaky when the run game is shut down. The Steelers have the second best run defense in the league at this point. It all makes sense! They should really only not be favored in a couple of their remaining games: @BAL and @TEN.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:06 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Dude, just fucking stop. This is embarrassing.

There is no issue with what he said. He made a prediction that they could go 14-2 or 13-3 if everything goes right based on the rest of their schedule. The toughest games they've got left are BAL twice, BUF, and TEN. All of those teams are run-first squads with QBs who start to look shaky when the run game is shut down. The Steelers have the second best run defense in the league at this point. It all makes sense! They should really only not be favored in a couple of their remaining games: @BAL and @TEN.
And yet despite them putting up their best performance, he’s already backtracking to 12-4 now because of one injury.

What does that say?

And I’m sorry, but based on what we had seen the first few weeks, the Steelers did not look like a 14-2 team. That was my entire point then and I’m sticking to it.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 02:09 PM 10-21-2020
And yet despite them putting up their best performance, he’s already backtracking to 12-4 now because of one injury.

What does that say?

And I’m sorry, but based on what we had seen the first few weeks, the Steelers did not look like a 14-2 team. That was my entire point then and I’m sticking to it.
Still says lots of winning lol
[Reply]
staylor26 02:12 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
Still says lots of winning lol
But not good enough to be a legitimate threat for the bye if we take care of business, which was the entire point of this conversation to begin with.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 02:27 PM 10-21-2020
But not good enough to be a legitimate threat for the bye if we take care of business, which was the entire point of this conversation to begin with.
The way the league is going with parity. 12-4 may be more than enough
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 02:41 PM 10-21-2020
The Steelers defense is blitz and zone happy. I do not think they’re a bad matchup up for us at all. If anything, I think our offense could be their defense’s kryptonite. Wouldn’t be shocked to see a redo of Mahomes 2018 game against them, which may be the best game I’ve ever seen from a QB.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:50 PM 10-21-2020

What does that say?

So you can’t change a prediction based on new information? If Patrick Mahomes was finished for the year with his knee injury last season would you stick with your pick of us being a SB contender?

Of course you wouldn’t.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:54 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
So you can’t change a prediction based on new information? If Patrick Mahomes was finished for the year with his knee injury last season would you stick with your pick of us being a SB contender?

Of course you wouldn’t.
I’m not saying it’s not okay to change your prediction, but we’re talking about a LB, not Mahomes.

Just saying if it was that fragile of a prediction to begin with, I was obviously right that it was an overly optimistic one for them.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 02:56 PM 10-21-2020
Oh ya forgot Devin Bush is out for the year too. That’s a death blow.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:38 PM 10-21-2020

What does that say?

It makes sense to me. He said they look like a 13-3, 14-2 team if the ball bounces the right way. Losing potentially their best defender for the season does not meet the criteria of the ball bouncing the right way.

Like, if I had to choose a final record for KC at this moment I'd go with 13-3, but if we lost Kelce for the season I would probably say 11-5 or 12-4 is more likely.
[Reply]
Jeff.Fisher 11:31 PM 10-21-2020
After the Titans beat the Steelers this wk, will you guys break down and admit that the Titans are your biggest threat?
Last year may have went differently had the Titans had a higher seed. You guys would have lost in Nashville. You got the Titans at the right time, after 4 road games... and this years chiefs arent looking quite as good. I think the Titans are the AFC champs
[Reply]
Jeff.Fisher 10-21-2020, 11:33 PM
This message has been deleted by Jeff.Fisher.
Jeff.Fisher 11:35 PM 10-21-2020
Also, history has shown the winner of this weeks steelers titans game will go to the super bowl. You guys have already lost just dont know it yet
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 11:36 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by Jeff.Fisher:
After the Titans beat the Steelers this wk, will you guys break down and admit that the Titans are your biggest threat?
Last year may have went differently had the Titans had a higher seed. You guys would have lost in Nashville. You got the Titans at the right time, after 4 road games... and this years chiefs arent looking quite as good. I think the Titans are the AFC champs
Mario No-Pez.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 162
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Up