ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 172
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Kaepernick 02:57 PM 12-19-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
No, from what I've heard, you'll never know their political party and will never see the actual president [JLD said this expressly on The Daily Show]. Going back to the BBC Office, how much do you know about partisanship from that show [outside of maybe Gareth]? It's a show about process and interpersonal relationships.

The ep also features a pimp reference that is the best since Kramer's 'coat of many colors' episode.

And another where there was a gathering for the Veep where no one showed up. An advisor told her to mingle and JLD replied 'there's no one here, did Simon and Garfunkel mingle?"

I told you that the show was packed with laughs.
One thing I like about the US Version of House of Cards is that it is not political at all. Party doesn't matter. Just pure and simple lust for power. I keep wondering what their end game is and why they want power so badly. It seems to be they have a particular goal in mind rather than just power for the sake of power, but I just can't tell right now. And I can't tell if it is for the betterment of America or some sabatoge of America that will be revealed the final year.

Maybe they haven't thought that far ahead. A lot of these shows are on a 1 year audition and aren't concerned with the next year because they can get axed at any time.
[Reply]
Kaepernick 03:00 PM 12-19-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Thanks again guys.

Watched The first season of Game of Thrones. ****ing out****ingstanding. I know I probably should have read the books, but realistically there is a very small chance I will commit the time to it. But the first season is ****ing super. Didn't see much of anything except the dragon hatch happening. It is very well produced and acted as far as I'm concerned.

I started Mad Men also. It is very different than I expected, but I love it. I'm not quite through the first season, but I can't quit thinking about it. I really like the format. It is really difficult to find a production without much music or even plot. It is an exquisite character driven piece. I love it.
Game of thrones year 1 builds so slowly with character development, I almost got bored and quit watching. Then in 3 episodes it went from DefCon5 to DefCon2. Just Wham, Bam, SCHWING!!!! All of a sudden the powder keg went and it was off to the races. I'm glad I stayed with it. Among the best TV shows of all time.
[Reply]
Kaepernick 03:17 PM 12-19-2015
Go ahead and hate me but I really like the chick show "Revenge". Loved the cast, acting, the well rounded characters. Too often bad guys are just one dimensional.

Another chick show I really liked was "The Starter Wife". I was bummed when it was cancelled after a year and a half. Really good show.

Just be warned they are chick shows so just because they worked exceptionally well for me doesn't mean most guys will like these shows.

[Reply]
Jerm 08:51 AM 12-30-2015
Started watching Making a Murderer on Netflix last night...3 episodes in and holy shit this is already the craziest thing I've ever seen. Some real life Game of Thrones shit...it's nutty as hell...
[Reply]
Skyy God 09:12 AM 12-30-2015
Watching S1 of the Americans..... should have gotten on board sooner.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:28 AM 12-30-2015
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Watching S1 of the Americans..... should have gotten on board sooner.
It is some good shit. And Keri Russell is insanely hot. Absolutely insanely hot.
[Reply]
Huffmeister 09:55 AM 12-30-2015
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Started watching Making a Murderer on Netflix last night...3 episodes in and holy shit this is already the craziest thing I've ever seen. Some real life Game of Thrones shit...it's nutty as hell...
I started watching this last night, too. Not a good idea to start it close to bed time.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:01 AM 12-30-2015
Originally Posted by Huffmeister:
I started watching this last night, too. Not a good idea to start it close to bed time.
LOL no shit, stayed up later than I should have...
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:13 AM 12-30-2015
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Watched it all last weekend. It's blowing up. Lol, I read that Anonymous is getting involved.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:02 AM 01-06-2016
So I watched Season 4 and 5 of Falling Skies. I hadn't caught up in a couple years because it had gotten kind of stale. Well, it quit fucking around and got shit done. It ended up being a hell of a series.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:42 AM 01-08-2016
Any idea where I can catch all the current episodes for Arrow online?

The CW app only has a few eps and there should be 9.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:44 AM 01-08-2016
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Any idea where I can catch all the current episodes for Arrow online?

The CW app only has a few eps and there should be 9.
Check your rep.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:58 AM 01-08-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Check your rep.
Thanks!!!
[Reply]
NewChief 06:03 AM 01-08-2016
I'm almost embarrassed to admit this, but I started watching the Originals, which is evidently a Vampire Diaries spinoff. I'm only halfway through the first season, but it's surprisingly entertaining. Lots of backstabbing and politicking and such, which I like. I have a feeling it will go off the rails soon enough, burn I've enjoyed it so far.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:45 PM 01-08-2016
Deadwood movie!!

http://tvline.com/2016/01/07/deadwoo...premiere-date/
[Reply]
Page 15 of 172
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Up