ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2930 of 3903
« First < 1930243028302880292029262927292829292930 29312932293329342940298030303430 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
stumppy 02:41 PM 08-31-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
:-)
What's the matter pete? You no longer have a problem with political posts in here?
[Reply]
loochy 02:42 PM 08-31-2020
How to manufacture a high %positive number....
Ideally what we'd want is the blue bar going up and the orange bar going down :-)
[Reply]
petegz28 02:43 PM 08-31-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
I don't understand that graph.

Are you saying more testing leads to a higher percentage of positive results? I thought it was the opposite.
Look at the chart again. The testing is being done less and less. The Sentinel busted KS for doing this over the weekend. They are testing less people and the people they are testing are symptomatic or have been exposed to those people.

In other words you are reducing the testing and the people you are testing are already skewed towards the probability of being positve.

KS has the 2nd lowest testing in the country. If I want a high percentage I test less and test people already skewed towards the result I want. Get it?
[Reply]
petegz28 02:45 PM 08-31-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Ideally what we'd want is the blue bar going up and the orange bar going down :-)
Correct. But when you want the %positive to stay higher you test less so each positive has a larger impact to the end result.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:45 PM 08-31-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
What's the matter pete? You no longer have a problem with political posts in here?
I love you in the chat, stump but in here you are just fucking laughable at times.
[Reply]
Pants 02:49 PM 08-31-2020
Look at the chart again. The testing is being done less and less. The Sentinel busted KS for doing this over the weekend. They are testing less people and the people they are testing are symptomatic or have been exposed to those people.

In other words you are reducing the testing and the people you are testing are already skewed towards the probability of being positve.

KS has the 2nd lowest testing in the country. If I want a high percentage I test less and test people already skewed towards the result I want. Get it?
I get it, but I thought we already talked about the fact that they are not testing people without symptoms, even the exposed ones.

Are you saying this is due to an agenda? Someone wants a result and is skewing the data intentionally?
[Reply]
Donger 02:51 PM 08-31-2020
Seems completely agenda-less and unbiased...

https://sentinelksmo.org/kdhe-hides-...itivity-scare/
[Reply]
Pants 02:55 PM 08-31-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Seems completely agenda-less and unbiased...

https://sentinelksmo.org/kdhe-hides-...itivity-scare/
Interesting article. Unless Gov. Kelly has a side business selling masks, I don't see how mandating masks benefits her?
[Reply]
petegz28 02:55 PM 08-31-2020
I get it, but I thought we already talked about the fact that they are not testing people without symptoms, even the exposed ones.

Are you saying this is due to an agenda? Someone wants a result and is skewing the data intentionally?
I think there is an agenda because they are using that very number to justify not opening schools.

In fact that Dr. Areola from JCDOE said based on that number we can assume 10% of the people in JoCo are positive which is just flat out absurd.
[Reply]
Pants 02:56 PM 08-31-2020
I think there is an agenda because they are using that very number to justify not opening schools.

In fact that Dr. Areola from JDOE said based on that number we can assume 10% of the people in JoCo are positive which is just flat out absurd.
Why do they want to keep schools closed?
[Reply]
petegz28 02:59 PM 08-31-2020
Why do they want to keep schools closed?
Unions want it. Vast majority of Teachers want it opened. Union was supposed to have some kind of rally at the Olathe school board today. They want 14 days of %positive under 5%. I don't know how you get that when you only test people who are already skewed towards the positive and then claim it's a meaningful number.

I know what your trying to do but the numbers do not lie. They are using a skewed set of numbers to propagate a misleading result as justification to close the schools.

Why? You can go ask but that is the net-net regardless.
[Reply]
Donger 03:00 PM 08-31-2020
In case anyone wants to look at the Kansas positivity rates:

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/...-states/kansas
[Reply]
Pants 03:02 PM 08-31-2020
Unions want it. Vast majority of Teachers want it opened. Union was supposed to have some kind of rally at the Olathe school board today. They want 14 days of %positive under 5%. I don't know how you get that when you only test people who are already skewed towards the positive and then claim it's a meaningful number.

I know what your trying to do but the numbers do not lie. They are using a skewed set of numbers to propagate a misleading result as justification to close the schools.

Why? You can go ask but that is the net-net regardless.
No, I'm truly curious about who benefits from these COVID mandates and how. Whether it's mandating masks or closing schools, I want to know.
[Reply]
stumppy 03:02 PM 08-31-2020
I love you in the chat, stump but in here you are just fucking laughable at times.
I notice you didn't answer my question. That's alright, there's no need to point out what most posters in here know about you anyways.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 03:04 PM 08-31-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
uh, congrats? That's an odd way to put it. :-)
I just find it odd that it took this long for me to know someone who succumbed to this deadly pandemic.
[Reply]
Page 2930 of 3903
« First < 1930243028302880292029262927292829292930 29312932293329342940298030303430 > Last »
Up