ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 227 of 232
« First < 127177217223224225226227 228229230231 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017-2018 NBA Playoffs thread!
Al Bundy 08:21 PM 04-13-2018

We'll see if the Warriors recover from the end of the season stretch of stinkers.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:28 AM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
If LeBron goes to Houston, the Rockets become better than GS. We all know how close LeBron and CP3 are. However, I dont think LeBron goes there. Instead, I think he ends up in LA abd CP3 joins him and they get one more top tier FA to join them. The LA market is too big for LaBron to ignore at this stage of his career.

I personally think the best thing for LeBron to do is go to Houston. I think there he would have the best chance to win 2 or 3 Titles immediately.

Next best option is Boston, but then the Warriors would still be a problem....Just my opinion.
If he wants to win a title, there's no doubt Houston is the best spot (assuming CP3 stays). 3 current top 10 players/future HOFers and shooters around them. Houston is also run very well and is the one of the few smart teams out there that has figured out that shooting as many threes as possible is the only chance anybody in this league has of beating Golden State.
[Reply]
mcaj22 09:30 AM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
They'll need to bring in PG too there or they'll have no chance at anything.
hes going to need PG no matter where he goes to have a chance at anything.

PG and Lebron on the Lakers? Rest of the team is complete crap so they would still need at least 2 more stars. Definitely one more

Lebron to Houston? Still need another star. They would have to give up Ariza + Capela. Harden, broken CP3 and Lebron cannot win anything.

Lebron to Boston? Trade Kyrie? Ainge should consider it.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:31 AM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
First let's clear it up he didn't break his hand he has bruise. If he had a broken hand he would be out for awhile and couldn't play.
How do you know that? Athletes play with broken bones all the time.

Originally Posted by :
Second you and the other bron lovers were making fun of Steph injury excuses after the 2016 finals.
I make fun of Steph injury excuses because they only come up when he's struggling like in game 3 (which is quite often in the playoffs and especially the NBA Finals) and not when he's nailing ridiculous threes like in game 2. The good thing about LeBron is that he never struggles (even when he is apparently playing with a broken hand), so there's no reason to ever make any excuse.

Originally Posted by :
Everybody is laughing at him today on social media, he really hurt his legacy with this stunt.
And I am sure LeBron cares so, so much about that. Probably crying himself to sleep at night about the social media jokes. :-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:35 AM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
hes going to need PG no matter where he goes to have a chance at anything.

PG and Lebron on the Lakers? Rest of the team is complete crap so they would still need at least 2 more stars. Definitely one more

Lebron to Houston? Still need another star. They would have to give up Ariza + Capela. Harden, broken CP3 and Lebron cannot win anything.

Lebron to Boston? Trade Kyrie? Ainge should consider it.
Harden, CP3, LeBron with guys taking a ridiculous amount of threes around them looks about as good a combo as he can do this offseason.

I like the Boston idea but Kyrie would never accept it so he'd have to go to make that happen. Ainge would do it, though.

The question is not whether LeBron is already talking with CP3 and PG to join up somewhere, the question at this point is where.
[Reply]
lcarus 09:36 AM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Lebron also had a bad shoulder when he quit against Boston in the playoffs many years ago. I don't buy his excuse. His body language throughout his career has never been good when things look completely hopeless. Can't say I blame him. But excuses like this are not good for optics. He was better off just having people feel sorry for his team being so outmatched.
Hes not a great leader or teammate. Probably why Kyrie bolted a great situation.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:37 AM 06-09-2018
Lonzo Ball isn't a good shooter, but Simmons literally is incapable of shooting at all. He doesn't even take jump shots. Simmons' value is also entirely tied up in having the ball and making his teammates better, but LeBron needs the ball as well for the same reason.

Maybe they can make it work with all their talent, but there are better fits out there.
If Lebron cared about winning, he can adapt his game to work with Simmons. And vice versa. They can both make it work. Lebron's been in many situations where he's split ball-handling duties. And at his age, he needs a situation where he's lowering his usage. But again, absolute worst case scenario, trade Simmons and get some insane trade bait - teams would give the moon to land Simmons. How good of a situation are the Sixers in that you can trade an insane talent like Simmons and have to "settle" for Fultz. Because Simmons aside, the Sixers talent would be an insanely good supporting cast for Lebron.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:38 AM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Probably why Kyrie bolted a great situation.
Pretty sure it had more to do with Kyrie wanting to be a #1 and knowing that this offseason was coming (and not wanting to be stuck in Cleveland by himself after it was over), but sure, it's probably the explanation that doesn't make any sense.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:40 AM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
If Lebron cared about winning, he can adapt his game to work with Simmons. And vice versa. They can both make it work. Lebron's been in many situations where he's split ball-handling duties. And at his age, he needs a situation where he's lowering his usage. But again, absolute worst case scenario, trade Simmons and get some insane trade bait - teams would give the moon to land Simmons. How good of a situation are the Sixers in that you can trade an insane talent like Simmons and have to "settle" for Fultz. Because Simmons aside, the Sixers talent would be an insanely good supporting cast for Lebron.
Well you'd at least have to look into what you could get for Simmons, but I don't trade that guy if you are Philly. Not even if LeBron decides to sign up there for a year or two. His long term value is too high and he can help them win championships once LeBron declines and the Warriors era ends in a few years.
[Reply]
mcaj22 09:49 AM 06-09-2018
Harden, CP3, LeBron with guys taking a ridiculous amount of threes around them looks about as good a combo as he can do this offseason.

I like the Boston idea but Kyrie would never accept it so he'd have to go to make that happen. Ainge would do it, though.

The question is not whether LeBron is already talking with CP3 and PG to join up somewhere, the question at this point is where.
but Houston would literally just be CP3, Harden, Lebron, veterans playing for the minimum.

They would have to give up their best rim protector (Capela) and their best perimeter wing defender (Ariza) in the process. Ariza would just go join the Warriors making them EVEN harder to beat. So Houston would need EVEN more as the Warriors upgrade veterans coming to them.

Lebron and CP3 aren't taking the discounts that KD, Klay, etc do. CP3 will want the super max and Lebron will want the max, thus making a roster even harder to construct around them even though Harden is really good.

Think about CP3 on the super max a few years from now. Talk about salary cap hell. Whoever does that is going to be ruined 3 years from now when he's a 36 year old broken injury prone point guard making 30+ million with no knees left.
[Reply]
mcaj22 09:55 AM 06-09-2018
I think Lebron, Tatum, Hayward, Horford is a good team.

Rozier and trade up for Mo Bamba. Ainge should just go all in.

Tell Kyrie to scram.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:10 AM 06-09-2018
I think the comparisons to MJ and being the Greatest of all time should die out after being swept in the Championship series. They showed Lebron several times yelling at his teammates- of course, the losses are All on them.

Lebron was terrible this last game- but you couldn't tell by the media coverage. It is ridiculous how much attention a losing player received- even splitting the screen from the Warriors winning celebration to watch him sulk back to the locker room. Durant wins the MVP and they ask him about Lebron- Really?? I think he might be the most hyped athlete in the history of sports.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:16 AM 06-09-2018
I think Lebron, Tatum, Hayward, Horford is a good team.

Rozier and trade up for Mo Bamba. Ainge should just go all in.

Tell Kyrie to scram.
LeBron playing for Boston is kind of my personal nightmare, but I guess I would have to grin and bear it if it happens. Him with that lineup and the best coach in the league is a recipe for massive success.

Bamba has been my favorite college prospect all year. I might draft him #1 but Ayton is pretty damn talented too. Can't speak on Doncic, though.
[Reply]
banecat 10:20 AM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I think the comparisons to MJ and being the Greatest of all time should die out after being swept in the Championship series. They showed Lebron several times yelling at his teammates- of course, the losses are All on them.

Lebron was terrible this last game- but you couldn't tell by the media coverage. It is ridiculous how much attention a losing player received- even splitting the screen from the Warriors winning celebration to watch him sulk back to the locker room. Durant wins the MVP and they ask him about Lebron- Really?? I think he might be the most hyped athlete in the history of sports.
The losses are what take away from his argument for the greatest of all space and time. Unless I misunderstood you. I'm not sure if there's footage of MJ punching his teammates for not passing him the ball, or of him threatening an opposing player for a hard foul after a game
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:29 AM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by banecat:
The losses are what take away from his argument for the greatest of all space and time. Unless I misunderstood you. I'm not sure if there's footage of MJ punching his teammates for not passing him the ball, or of him threatening an opposing player for a hard foul after a game
After the Over- time loss in which Lebron had one of the all-time great games- he seemed to change and be at odds with his team mates-especially JR. They fell apart. Lebron seemed to be calling them out most every huddle when he was making mistakes as well.

MJ brought his team up to his level of excellence- it seems Lebron does the opposite.

The comparisons should stay in in the current era. Comparing players from different times are always skewed. Durant VS. Lebron as the best player right now is interesting- since one has back to back Rings and MVP's and the other was just swept after a mostly lackluster performance in the last 2 games.
[Reply]
TEX 10:29 AM 06-09-2018
but Houston would literally just be CP3, Harden, Lebron, veterans playing for the minimum.

They would have to give up their best rim protector (Capela) and their best perimeter wing defender (Ariza) in the process. Ariza would just go join the Warriors making them EVEN harder to beat. So Houston would need EVEN more as the Warriors upgrade veterans coming to them.

Lebron and CP3 aren't taking the discounts that KD, Klay, etc do. CP3 will want the super max and Lebron will want the max, thus making a roster even harder to construct around them even though Harden is really good.

Think about CP3 on the super max a few years from now. Talk about salary cap hell. Whoever does that is going to be ruined 3 years from now when he's a 36 year old broken injury prone point guard making 30+ million with no knees left.
You keep saying the Rockets would have to give up Capella and I need to stop you because you are completely wrong. The Rockets can keep Capella. Tilman already said so and he owns the team, so if he is wiling to pay the price, then you need to stop including that in your takes.

IF James were to go to Houston, he most definately would pair up with Harden, CP3 and Capella. Im including CP3 because that part of it would already be settled if James committed to playing in Houston. Even with a sometimes broken CP3, Houston would have more than enough to take down GS.

Ariza would be the odd man out but he is terrible agsinst GS anyway so no loss there. Give me James over him, and some roll players, all day every day.

Bottom line is the Rockets would make James, CP3, Harden AND Capella happen IF James wants to come to Houston. Tilman's word is good enough for me.
[Reply]
Page 227 of 232
« First < 127177217223224225226227 228229230231 > Last »
Up