ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Media Center>HBO Max : Peacemaker(2022)
Tribal Warfare 01:02 PM 10-18-2021

[Reply]
Urc Burry 08:06 AM 02-08-2022
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
This plot is nothing more than a coathanger to hang six characters all bouncing off each other and being hilarious.

I don't think I'm overselling it when I say John Cena as Peacemaker is one of the funniest TV show performances of the past decade. He's captured every ounce of the Starlord magic in a Gunn character. He's hysterical in the role. What'shisname as Vigilante is right on his tail.

Everybody else is really well written, with the exception of the female detective, who's character was really great but kind of just existed on the margins until recently.

Really good work from Gunn, here. The plot isn't great but it doesn't need to be, this is a comedy.
His back and forth’s with Idris Elda in SS was some of the hardest moments I’ve laughed in the movies in some time. I hope them 2 reconnect eventually
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:11 PM 02-08-2022
Apparently Cena improvised a fair amount. And that really was him playing piano.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:20 PM 02-13-2022
This show has been real entertaining...finale this week
[Reply]
listopencil 01:40 PM 02-17-2022
Watched the finale. It's really, really good. Very enjoyable. Go watch it.
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 05:06 PM 02-17-2022
Great first season. And what a cameo.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:54 PM 02-17-2022
Fuck you, Barry.

That season was way better than it had any right to be.
[Reply]
Valiant 09:20 PM 02-17-2022
The more I watch the intro to each episode, the better it is just from the standpoint of who is alive or died.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:31 PM 02-17-2022
Great cameos in the finale. "You're late dickheads."
[Reply]
unlurking 10:08 PM 02-17-2022

[Reply]
unlurking 10:10 PM 02-17-2022
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Fuck you, Barry.

This show was amazing. I had low expectations after Suicide Squad (enjoyed it, but not a great movie).
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:49 AM 02-18-2022
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
This show has been real entertaining...finale this week
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Watched the finale. It's really, really good. Very enjoyable. Go watch it.
Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan:
Great first season. And what a cameo.
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
**** you, Barry.

Originally Posted by unlurking:
This show was amazing. I had low expectations after Suicide Squad (enjoyed it, but not a great movie).
Agree with all this. Gunn and Cena delivered way above expectations. Glad they green lit a season 2.

You haven't seen this, get it in your binge watch queue.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:04 AM 02-19-2022

Have a great President’s Day weekend. Here’s a gift from Team Peacemaker - the official #Peacemaker gag reel 😂 @HBOMax @DCpeacemaker pic.twitter.com/Zs2gYCfNUf

— James Gunn (@JamesGunn) February 19, 2022

[Reply]
BigRichard 06:06 AM 02-19-2022
After the first couple of episodes of laughing my ass off I am all in.
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 10:39 AM 02-19-2022
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Just to confirm, are you talking about suicide squad (the one with will smith) or THE suicide squad (the one with idris elba)?
[Reply]
unlurking 04:15 PM 02-19-2022
Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan:
Just to confirm, are you talking about suicide squad (the one with will smith) or THE suicide squad (the one with idris elba)?
Elba. Never watched the one with Smith. I enjoyed the movie (which is saying something since I hate most DC movies), but the TV show is MUCH better than the movie. Peacemaker in the movie was just kinda meh. Really had no interest in the TV show until some of the reviews here.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up