ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 61
« First < 7475354555657 58596061 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Report: Orlando Brown requests trade from Ravens, wants to play LT
Sofa King 01:40 PM 02-10-2021
Moving on from Fisher? Probably not.

Cap room for him? Not really, but moves could be made.

Draft capital for him? Maybe, but we're awfully low in the draft.

Tunsil trade (For record-keeping purposes, the trade saw the Dolphins acquire first-round picks in 2020 and 2021 and a second-round pick in 2021 along with offensive tackle Julién Davenport and defensive back Johnson Bademosi in exchange for Tunsil, wide receiver Kenny Stills, a 2020 fourth-round pick and a 2021 sixth-round selection.)

https://www.nfl.com/news/orlando-bro...nts-to-play-lt

It only took the Ravens a little over a year to learn their selection of Orlando Brown was a wise one, but they've met a new challenge with the tackle that could be their last.

Brown has expressed his desire to be traded, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday. After spending the majority of 2020 on the left side in place of the injured Ronnie Stanley, Brown has found his comfort zone and does not want to return to the right side. He'll only play for a team that will line him up at his preferred left tackle position, per Rapoport.

Rapoport added the Ravens value Brown significantly and would need major compensation in order to do a deal.

Brown's background is on the left side, but he ended up in Baltimore as a right tackle after a poor pre-draft showing saw him slide from a first-round projection to an eventual third-round pick of the Ravens. He blossomed in 2019 and especially in 2020 after switching to the left side to replace Stanley, earning his second straight trip to the Pro Bowl -- and first as an initial selection. Thanks to Brown's quick adjustment to the left side of the line, Baltimore didn't lose much in offensive production following Stanley's injury, finishing as the league's No. 1 rushing offense for a second straight season.

Brown's success on the left side and desire to remain there might very well also be tied to the financial ramifications of the tackle position. As it currently stands, there is a $5 million per year difference between the league's highest-paid right tackle (Philadelphia's Lane Johnson) and left tackle (Green Bay's David Bakhtiari). Of the top 10 highest-paid tackles in the NFL (in terms of average salary per year), only two -- Johnson and Las Vegas' Trent Brown -- are right tackles.

Orlando Brown missed out on significant money typically afforded to first-round picks right around the moment when he racked the bar after just 14 bench-press reps during a nightmarish 2018 NFL Scouting Combine. He's made a little over $1.8 million in base salary total in his first three seasons, and though he will see a significant boost in 2021 (base salary of $3.38 million) due to the structure of his rookie deal, that's still an incredibly far cry from where tackles of his level land in compensation ranking.

After demonstrating his ability to effectively handle the transition from right to left tackle -- a return to his roots, essentially -- Brown is in a prime position to capitalize financially and beyond. He'll maximize his earning potential by remaining a left tackle, and he'll probably enjoy playing the game a bit more in a stance and vantage point that's more familiar to him, anyway.

If that doesn't fit in Baltimore, the Ravens will have to move him. And though this isn't exactly the best way to ensure maximum leverage in a deal, they'll probably still get a haul for him.
[Reply]
Shields68 01:00 PM 04-23-2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:07 PM 04-23-2021
Well done, Verch. Well done.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 01:16 PM 04-23-2021
Excellent!
[Reply]
ROYC75 01:24 PM 04-23-2021
Color me shocked and very happy in we didn't give away the farm! :-)
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 01:26 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Ravens wouldn't trade him to us regardless even if we did have the capital to make a competitive trade offer
:-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:31 PM 04-23-2021
Sooo....about that "they won't trade him to the Chiefs" thing....
[Reply]
BossChief 01:32 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
It will be interesting to see what he eventually goes for. They said a top 40 pick, but with the depth of this class at OT and the fact it will also require a big money extension...some teams might be scared off and choose the draft route rather than spend premium draft and cap space to solidify the left tackle spot.

I know Baltimore is allowing Brown to seek out a trade and I wonder what his actual asking price is. If we can get him for a first and a conditional third next year, that would be great IF we can ink him to a 5 year EXTENSION averaging 20m per.

That would end up being one of the best deals in the league in 2 years if everything works out and it would keep his cap hits absolutely minimal this year and next.
Nobody knows that.

We can discuss possible compensation and whatnot, but ultimately it boils down to what teams are offering because his value in this specific market may we’ll be far less than most years both in draft compensation as well as contract terms.
that’s a good thing.

Getting a stud LT under a 5 year extension (6 years total) before the new tv deals kick in would be a great move.

1) for an extension, his cap hit the next 2 years would be dirt cheap.
2) the cap is about to explode.
3) by his third year, similar players will be making north of 30m per year.

I think that kind of structure would easily benefit both sides.

That’s probably a deal Baltimore couldn’t refuse.
Amazing we got him for such a massive bargain.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:33 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
That was a silly conversation point from the get go.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:33 PM 04-23-2021

He's my #1 choice and i still think the Chiefs make a trade for him.
Me 3 days ago. Yeah, im gloating. So what. My wins are rare so imma gloat when i can.

[Reply]

DaneMcCloud 01:36 PM 04-23-2021
Well, if everyone's going to gloat, I will, too.

January 30th, 2021:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Orlando Brown, jr., a 3rd round pick of the Ravens that filled in for Stanley, wants a LT gig and is reportedly refusing to go back to the RT position.

Considering he's a 2 time Pro Bowler, I'd offer #32 and one of the 4th round comp picks and call it a day.

I'd even throw in next year's 4th to make the deal happen.

[Reply]
O.city 01:37 PM 04-23-2021
Yep crow for me

Detox and Dane had this one I was wrong

It’s so rare foe me to be wrong I’ll take my crow
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:37 PM 04-23-2021
Here's a good one, :-)

How about this: Former #Steelers OT Alejandro Villanueva is expected to sign with the rival #Ravens after the draft, per @jamisonhensley. Waiting until after won’t affect Baltimore’s comp. formula.

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
BossChief 01:38 PM 04-23-2021
The draft is going to be so fun to watch now.

If Veach is to be held to his word, the blueprint he talked about means the focus now shifts to DL and LB.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:42 PM 04-23-2021
:-)
[Reply]
-King- 01:44 PM 04-23-2021
Yep. I was wrong. Time to punish them for being stupid enough to trade him for us
[Reply]
Page 57 of 61
« First < 7475354555657 58596061 >
Up