« First < 7891011
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Kristi Noem: Lighting It Up at CPAC
T-post Tom 01:40 PM 02-28-2021
:-)

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:20 PM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
I'm not sure exactly

I mean, what were his people thinking when they let him go on Tucker's show, when he was both woefully unprepared AND on the wrong side of an issue from the point of view of the Republican base?

Because they know the Pube voter base is pathetic. Gluttons for punishment. Won’t ever leave the GOP plantation.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 09:24 PM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Pompeo is entirely unelectable because clips of him boasting about lying will come out; and he's a NeoCon who tried to push Trump into a war with Iran.

Pence is a NeoCon, Bushite and betrayed Trump. Unelectable in the primary and nationally.

Romney for his betrayals and attacks on Trump, plus he's really a Progressive in Republican clothing.

Haley is another NeoCon and a Trump back-stabbler.

I think all of the above would have trouble.
Pence betrayed Trump:-)
Imagine believing something this stupid.

Trump did betray Pence though, as he does to anyone when he thinks the slightest personal gain can be achieved.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:38 PM 04-07-2021
Following up on Hutchinson

Originally Posted by :

During an appearance with Fox News’ Tucker Carlson on Tuesday night, Arkansas Republican governor Asa Hutchinson vociferously denied that he had been in contact with corporate interests in his state about the “Save Adolescents from Experimentation (SAFE) Act” which bans transition surgery, as well as hormones and puberty blockers, for Arkansas minors.

“I answered that question and I said, ‘no, I have not.’ Do you have another question?” Hutchinson told Carlson, who admitted he was “skeptical” of the denial. The interview came one day after Hutchinson vetoed the bill, calling it “a vast government overreach,” only for the Arkansas General Assembly …

...But in the fallout from those bills, and in the buildup to the SAFE Act, Hutchinson admitted in a March 31 appearance on Fox News that "some major global corporations here in Arkansas” are "certainly worried about the image of our state.”...

..."Well, there’s a combination of bills that come through the legislature, and as a whole, if you -- like our medical-conscience bill, that allows a physician or a medical provider to step away from coverage for religious or ethical reasons, from a particular kind of treatment, that’s gotten some criticism,” Hutchinson admitted to Campos-Duffy. "And we have to recognize, while that is appropriate for conscience reasons, to have that exemption, it is perceived as being against a particular community. It’s not designed for that.”...

Arkansas Governor’s Trans-Bill Veto Raises Questions about Corporate Pressure

So Hutchinson was almost certainly lying during his appearance on Tucker's show.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:28 PM 04-07-2021
I'm slowly finding out that hte Republican Party isn't nor has it been the "conservative" party in American politics.

The Brion McClanahan Show talks about the so-called "flip" in American politics.
If you aren't familiar with that concept, it goes something like this:

The conservative Democrats ran to the Republican Party during the Civil Rights movement and liberal Republicans moved to the Democrats at the same time, meaning that the two parties "flipped" politically in the 1960s.

Except the Republican Party never changed. The Democrat Party did, undoubtedly, but the Republicans maintained their allegiance to crony capitalism, big government, war and Lincolnian nationalism.

Real American conservatives lost a party and never gained one back.

If you don't believe me, simply look at the track record of the GOP: Debt, war, corporate handouts, capitulation on every social issue, loss of federalism, etc. The list could be endless.

Lincoln would be proud.

The latest round of corporate boycotts in favor of stupid leftist talking points is just the feather on the cap. Thanks Republicans.

The Democrats now out progressive the original progressives in the GOP and people like Dinesh D'Souza, Glenn Beck, and other neocons run around trying to take credit for things American conservatives would have recoiled at 150 years ago.

Some people don't like to hear this, and of course there have been and are some good Republicans, particularly on the State and local level, but that doesn't typically transfer to "national" politics. [<—If you recall govt Bush of Florida said he would not govern as a conservative if he became president; not also Nikki Haley.]

So did a "flip" really take place.

Current examples have been Noem, Abbot and Asa of Arkansas.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 06:25 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I'm slowly finding out that hte Republican Party isn't nor has it been the "conservative" party in American politics...
Welcome to the dark side.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 06:52 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Welcome to the dark side.
Except this plays into the "RepubliKKKan party" narrative where the Democratic party maintained state legislative majorities in former Confederate states for two decades after LBJ signed Civil Rights legislation.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 07:00 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Except this plays into the "RepubliKKKan party" narrative where the Democratic party maintained state legislative majorities in former Confederate states for two decades after LBJ signed Civil Rights legislation.
She's already figured out the political left. Now, she's starting to figure out the Republicans. After that, if she can figure out the Libertarians, she may finally have a real shot at grasping the reality of U.S. politics.

And I'm always happy when someone seems, even for a moment, to be walking down the path to true political enlightenment.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:22 PM 04-07-2021
When you vote Pube you are voting to advance the interests of big biz.

There’s nothing wrong with that, but you shouldn’t play mental gymnastics that there’s anything more to it. There isn’t.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:25 PM 04-12-2021
GOP platform: Compassion for trannies:

Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson: "Are we going to be a narrow party that expresses ourselves in intolerant ways, or are we going to be a broad-based party that shows conservative principles but also compassion..." https://t.co/D909UMHjt5 pic.twitter.com/Gl1M3VAsGd

— The Hill (@thehill) April 11, 2021

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:31 PM 04-12-2021
Arkansas isn't sending us their best, folks.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:46 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
GOP platform: Compassion for trannies:

Ain't nothing intolerant about telling your 14 year old son he isn't allowed to chop his dick off.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:16 PM 04-12-2021
How many of y'all are still fool enough to buy into the GOPe bullshit? Here, those of you who still do, swallow some more.

In an interview with Meet the Press, Gov. Asa Hutchinson (R-Ark.) tells Chuck Todd that people looking to fight over cultural issues should use their churches and communities instead of the law.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:32 PM 04-12-2021
I like Asa. He flat told social conservatives to f*** off. That the party serves its donors only, and won’t do a dam thing for anyone else. Get your churches for that.

As opposed to Zio-Palin who tried to lie about what she did.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:55 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I like Asa. He flat told social conservatives to f*** off. That the party serves its donors only, and won’t do a dam thing for anyone else. Get your churches for that.

As opposed to Zio-Palin who tried to lie about what she did.

You know what happens when a church takes a stance to influence policy?
[Reply]
Page 11 of 11
« First < 7891011
Up