ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3536 of 3903
« First < 2536303634363486352635323533353435353536 3537353835393540354635863636 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:45 AM 06-29-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
This sucks

And this is why I wish more people would get vaccinated. I don't want any of the powers that be in my area throwing their weight around and altering normal life.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:47 AM 06-29-2021
I think we can all agree that going back to masks will suck.

Maybe the anti-vaxxers who are also anti-maskers will use that motivation to get vaccinated? I hope so. Choose one
[Reply]
NotDonger 10:47 AM 06-29-2021
Ferrer stressed the level of protection offered by the COVID vaccines, releasing statistics showing that between Dec. 7 and June 7, 99.6% of all new COVID infections in the county involved people who were not vaccinated. Of the people who were hospitalized due to the virus in that time period, 98.7% were unvaccinated. And among those who died, 99.8% were unvaccinated.
[Reply]
TLO 10:48 AM 06-29-2021
Whether I agree or not isn't the point, if they make us wear masks again it's gonna suck pure and simple
They can go fist themselves is my point. Unless they have hard data that shows the delta variant evades vaccines they can shove it.
[Reply]
NotDonger 10:50 AM 06-29-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
They can go fist themselves is my point. Unless they have hard data that shows the delta variant evades vaccines they can shove it.
The data show that the efficacy of the vaccines with Delta is less than with Alpha.
[Reply]
TLO 10:52 AM 06-29-2021
Originally Posted by NotDonger:
The data show that the efficacy of the vaccines with Delta is less than with Alpha.
Correct. But it's not a significant enough drop off to warrant changing guidance for vaccinated people.
[Reply]
NotDonger 10:54 AM 06-29-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Correct. But it's not a significant enough drop off to warrant changing guidance for vaccinated people.
I don't disagree.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:00 AM 06-29-2021
Well unless you're the kind of Karen who wants to get kicked out of Ralph's I'm not sure what we're supposed to do if they bring back the mask mandate.

Honestly it's bars and restaurants that will annoy me where you take off your mask to take a bite or drink and then put it back on and suddenly the futility of that hits you and you're like okay what are we accomplishing here
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:13 AM 06-29-2021
Well unless you're the kind of Karen who wants to get kicked out of Ralph's I'm not sure what we're supposed to do if they bring back the mask mandate.

Honestly it's bars and restaurants that will annoy me where you take off your mask to take a bite or drink and then put it back on and suddenly the futility of that hits you and you're like okay what are we accomplishing here
I'd be surprised if they force it again. Probably just leave it at recommended. Individual places may force it though and then certain idiots will try to fight staff etc.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:16 AM 06-29-2021
Business leaders arriving in England granted exemption from Covid quarantine
Ministers facing criticism over new rules for visitors who bring ‘significant economic benefit’

Ministers have been accused of making a “mockery” of quarantine rules after it was announced some business executives travelling to England will be able to temporarily leave self-isolation.

Rules for those arriving from amber list countries have been changed to let visitors entering the country bringing “significant economic benefit” interrupt their up to 10-day stay at home for important business activities.

The business secretary, Kwasi Kwarteng, is understood to have backed the change, which was announced on Tuesday, due to concerns the UK was missing out on major investments and new jobs because of current quarantine rules.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...vid-quarantine
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:18 AM 06-29-2021
I think we can all agree that going back to masks will suck.

Maybe the anti-vaxxers who are also anti-maskers will use that motivation to get vaccinated? I hope so. Choose one
They'll just ignore the recommendation to mask up until it's law again. Maybe film a few freakout videos harassing some poor minimum wage employee to try to get social media followers.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:19 AM 06-29-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
I'd be surprised if they force it again. Probably just leave it at recommended. Individual places may force it though and then certain idiots will try to fight staff etc.
Newsome definitely doesn't want the negative publicity during the recall movement.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:48 AM 06-29-2021
Wearing a mask after being vaccinated is truly some perfomative anti-science crap. It's over now; it's the non-vaccinated and (unfortunately) health care workers problem. I'm not going back.
[Reply]
loochy 12:25 PM 06-29-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Wearing a mask after being vaccinated is truly some perfomative anti-science crap. It's over now; it's the non-vaccinated and (unfortunately) health care workers problem. I'm not going back.

Look at the bright side: Healthcare job security and plenty of overtime for nurses and the like.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:56 PM 06-29-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Finally, something we can agree on.
[Reply]
Page 3536 of 3903
« First < 2536303634363486352635323533353435353536 3537353835393540354635863636 > Last »
Up