ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2636 of 3903
« First < 1636213625362586262626322633263426352636 263726382639264026462686273631363636 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:53 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Newsome I guess just locked down a ton of stuff including churches and salons and it appears more people are not going to listen.
Newsom banned singing in churches, which was met by a lawsuit from three different churches.

I haven't seen anything about hair salons closing but wouldn't be surprised if it happens, at least in LA, because Garcetti has been hinting for days that we're about to go on full lockdown again.

I didn't see it until today but I guess 2 weeks ago the Mayor of LA admitted a link between the protests and the spreading of Covid
He's an epic dipshit and easily the worst Los Angeles mayor in the past 100+ years. I can't wait to vote him out of office.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:53 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Churches just seem like a super spreading event waiting to happen with the singing and all.

We’ve been doing ours streamed on sundays and I kinda like it. It’s not the same but in these times it works fine for us
I don't disagree but there are certain rights people have but not to be covered here.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:55 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Newsom banned singing in churches, which was met by a lawsuit from three different churches.

I haven't seen anything about hair salons closing but wouldn't be surprised if it happens, at least in LA, because Garcetti has been hinting for days that we're about to go on full lockdown again.

He's an epic dipshit and still the worst Los Angeles mayor in the past 100+ years. I can't wait to vote him out of office.
I just heard about the lockdown on the radio so I think it was pretty recent. They acted like this went beyond what you are talking about. Like he literally just did this. Maybe not.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:58 PM 07-16-2020

He's an epic dipshit and easily the worst Los Angeles mayor in the past 100+ years. I can't wait to vote him out of office.
Here is what I found. I guess it isn't state wide.
Originally Posted by :
The Democratic governor also announced that all gyms, places of worship, malls, personal care services, barbershops, salons, and non-critical offices in counties on the state’s “monitoring list” had to shut down under the new order.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/californi...-a-second-time
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:58 PM 07-16-2020
None of these orders - lockdowns, masks, etc - mean a goddamn thing. They aren't being enforced.

People continue to defy them and do whatever the fuck they want, which means we're never getting out of this fucking roller coaster cycle of spikes.

4-5K cases a day here in AZ, a mandatory mask order, and it's still MAYBE 50/50 on compliance.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:58 PM 07-16-2020
I just heard about the lockdown on the radio so I think it was pretty recent. They acted like this went beyond what you are talking about. Like he literally just did this. Maybe not.
I didn't receive a text alert but nothing would surprise me at this point.

This is getting really old, Dude. I totally understand why we're doing it but I have to admit, it's wearing on me.

I need to go sit on a beach for two weeks and do nothing.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:00 PM 07-16-2020

This is getting really old, Dude. I totally understand why we're doing it but I have to admit, it's wearing on me.

I might be off. I just posted the quote to an article. It sounds like the salons and gyms were only shut down in certain counties. Or maybe that is new.
[Reply]
O.city 07:01 PM 07-16-2020
I don't disagree but there are certain rights people have but not to be covered here.
With technology, there’s ways to worship. It’s not ideal. Nothing seems to be right now
[Reply]
petegz28 07:03 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
None of these orders - lockdowns, masks, etc - mean a goddamn thing. They aren't being enforced.

People continue to defy them and do whatever the **** they want, which means we're never getting out of this ****ing roller coaster cycle of spikes.

4-5K cases a day here in AZ, a mandatory mask order, and it's still MAYBE 50/50 on compliance.
Well the media has made the shift from deaths to cases. A lot of people have grasped onto that and now have a "but are you dead?" attitude. I agree in places like AZ and CA where the hospitals are getting ran on things need to be taken seriously.

But people understand that if you do get Covid you are not going to die and really have a good chance to not even know you got it.

Rightly or wrongly it comes down to deaths. And good or bad, we have seen cases almost triple but deaths are not up by much.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:04 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
With technology, there’s ways to worship. It’s not ideal. Nothing seems to be right now
Again, I am not disagreeing. But this gets into the realm of politics and we need to take that elsewhere.
[Reply]
jdubya 07:04 PM 07-16-2020
Up here in CoCo County in NorCal I have been driving my dad to church for several weeks but it hasnt been indoors. It has been a parking lot service so everybody has been staying in their cars while the Father has a mic and speaker. Personally i havent seen true back to church masses yet but maybe it has happened somewhere. 3 weeks ago I got a haircut from my barber but I went back yesterday and he had a sign on the window that said, "Gavin shut us down again, sorry". My gym opened July 2nd but promptly closed last week.

In my county of 1.1 million we have had 93 deaths and 84 are in the hospital right now. No link but have heard all but a single handful of the deaths were folks already living in long term health care facilities. I believe our hospital bed capacity is almost 2,000.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:06 PM 07-16-2020
I might be off. I just posted the quote to an article. It sounds like the salons and gyms were only shut down in certain counties. Or maybe that is new.
Yeah, I'm texting right now with my hair stylist, who owns her salon and has kids in school with mine.

They were shut down on Monday again but her landlord still wants the rent each month, which sucks.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:06 PM 07-16-2020
I don't know but even though Robin Meade is hot I am so fucking sick of her commercial!!!!
[Reply]
petegz28 07:08 PM 07-16-2020
Yeah, I'm texting right now with my hair stylist, who owns her salon and has kids in school with mine.

They were shut down on Monday again but her landlord still wants the rent each month, which sucks.
I heard an interview with a guy who owned a barbershop and he said he expects to be cited but he isn't closing.

You can't tell people their business are shut down and tough shit if it means you can't feed yourself, pay your rent, etc. People will just ignore you. Especially when the order is coming from someone who is getting their full pay check.
[Reply]
jdubya 07:08 PM 07-16-2020

That we can agree. Nothing better for the soul than a high mountain sunrise or the sound of waves crashing.........
[Reply]
Page 2636 of 3903
« First < 1636213625362586262626322633263426352636 263726382639264026462686273631363636 > Last »
Up