ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 68 of 162
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:19 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
And yet, BAL had a 10 point lead for more than half the game . . .
They lost. They turned the ball over too much. What if's are just that.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:20 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Again, Pittsburgh doesn't worry me against the Chiefs.

But they're going to get the #1 seed.

Nobody on that schedule is LIKELY to beat them.

Cleveland is Cleveland. Indy is Rivers. The best bet is Buffalo but even they are fighting an uphill battle.

Of course, the loss of Dupree could cause them to collapse but I wouldn't bet on it.
Not saying you're wrong, but when they lost Shazier that defense was a shadow of itself for almost two years.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:22 PM 12-03-2020

Cleveland is Cleveland. Indy is Rivers. The best bet is Buffalo but even they are fighting an uphill battle.

Of course, the loss of Dupree could cause them to collapse but I wouldn't bet on it.
If they are 15-0 I’d just plan on resting our guys in the last game. There’s no way they are losing to freaking Cleveland. They’ll blow them out again.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:23 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If they are 15-0 I’d just plan on resting our guys in the last game. There’s no way they are losing to freaking Cleveland. They’ll blow them out again.
Yep.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:27 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Seriously? After Miami last year?

If the Chiefs don’t end up with the bye, it will be because they slipped up somewhere. Not because Pittsburgh went 16-0.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:29 PM 12-03-2020
They lost. They turned the ball over too much. What if's are just that.
Not arguing that they lost.

All I'm saying is if a team doesn't turn the ball over 3-4 times in a game against PIT, they have a real chance to knock them off, because offensively PIT averages about 24 points a game. BAL and CLE are good at turning the ball over, that's no secret.

But Alex isn't a turn over machine, and Josh Allen has improved greatly in that department. If those two just play to their average, including their respective turnover rates, they have a legit shot at beating PIT because PIT doesn't start fast at all, and they aren't terribly efficient offensively overall. With the loss of Connor their efficiency is even worse.

Unfortunately, Baker is a turnover machine. But he does have the best backfield in the league. And now PIT will be without Dupree and Bush. So CLE should be able to run. IF Stefanski calls it run-heavy and keeps Baker from doing Baker things, that should be a fighting chance.

Ditto Rivers.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:33 PM 12-03-2020

:-) They aren't winning 15 or 16 games
[Reply]
O.city 03:41 PM 12-03-2020
Not to agree with PGM's dumbass, but i just don't see this Steeler team going undefeated.

They'll slip up somewhere.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:43 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Not to agree with PGM's dumbass, but i just don't see this Steeler team going undefeated.

They'll slip up somewhere.
Thanks Clown(ey) boy
[Reply]
New World Order 03:50 PM 12-03-2020
Don't we need Pitt to lose 2 games since their conference SOS is tougher?
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:51 PM 12-03-2020
Not arguing that they lost.

All I'm saying is if a team doesn't turn the ball over 3-4 times in a game against PIT, they have a real chance to knock them off, because offensively PIT averages about 24 points a game. BAL and CLE are good at turning the ball over, that's no secret.

But Alex isn't a turn over machine, and Josh Allen has improved greatly in that department. If those two just play to their average, including their respective turnover rates, they have a legit shot at beating PIT because PIT doesn't start fast at all, and they aren't terribly efficient offensively overall. With the loss of Connor their efficiency is even worse.

Unfortunately, Baker is a turnover machine. But he does have the best backfield in the league. And now PIT will be without Dupree and Bush. So CLE should be able to run. IF Stefanski calls it run-heavy and keeps Baker from doing Baker things, that should be a fighting chance.

Ditto Rivers.
The Steelers have the largest turnover differential in the league. They average over one INT per game.

You can't just sit here and say "if they don't turn it over" because that's exactly what everybody has been doing when they play the Steelers. Add in the fact that they're playing Rivers, Mayfield, and Allen and it doesn't look all that promising.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:52 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
:-) They aren't winning 15 or 16 games
I don't think they go 16-0 but who do you think they're going to lose to to drop 2 games out of 6?

Show me the losses.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:53 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Don't we need Pitt to lose 2 games since their conference SOS is tougher?
No. We need them to lose to a common opponent that we beat. That's BUF.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 03:56 PM 12-03-2020
I think the Browns are going to beat the squeelers. Since OBJ sent down, Baker is actually a better QB. Their defense is better, they got Myles Garrett back and they've improved every game. With Chubb running the ball, they're balanced, and they finally have a real head coach. I also think Buffalo will be them.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:58 PM 12-03-2020
No. We need them to lose to a common opponent that we beat. That's BUF.
Yep.

The easiest path to the #1 seed is for us to win out and them to lose to Buffalo.

It gets a lot more complicated after that. The 3rd tiebreaker is not strength of schedule, it's strength of VICTORY. From what I can tell, if they lose to Cincinnati, they actually WIN the 3rd tiebreaker, which seems crazy but that's the way it looks.

The 4th tiebreaker is SOS, which we should win.

I can't imagine going to the 5th and 6th tiebreakers at this point.
[Reply]
Page 68 of 162
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118 > Last »
Up