ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 162
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110160 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
ljmhawk 08:26 PM 12-02-2020
Titans are the team that pose the biggest problem
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:29 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Rapethlisberger running the Alex Smiff passing offense at his advanced age.
Except Big Ben has been far less efficient than Alex since they Started Alex this season. Like 20 points less efficient. With better weapons.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 08:30 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
The Chiefs could score 70 points against Tennessee’s garbage defense.
[Reply]
Basileus777 08:30 PM 12-02-2020

Their defense is ass and they're down both their starting offensive tackles. And no team has ever beat Mahomes by running the ball.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 08:35 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Basileus777:
The Raiders offense is an issue because Gruden and Carr have completely downloaded Spags bltizes. And we can't generate pressure with 4 against that oline, especially when you can't discount their running game. But I don't know that they'll even make the playoffs after blowing that Atlanta game.

But looking around the AFC and it's not exactly filled with threatening teams. Every team with a decent offense has a terrible defense. Like the Colts are the most balanced team. And I don't see a defense that matches up well with the Chiefs.
After the ATL loss, the Fade's schedule looks much more daunting than when everyone was in awe about them hanging with the Chiefs the second go round....Outside of the Jets, they could easily win or lose any remaining game. They can make the playoffs for sure, but that probably means beating both the Dolphins and Colts, and in reality probably winning out (which I don't think they'll do). And even if they do pull that off, and have to come to KC in January, I just don't think they can hold up.

As far as the rest of them go, I totally agree with you. At the end of the day, the Steelers D is by far the best of the lot (that was with Dupree though), and we will still put up our obligatory 25+ points, which I believe they will have difficulty matching because we can stop their O.....

If the Tits had a better D, I'd be more concerned, but when you give up something like 50% conversion rate on 3rd down while playing a bunch of very average offenses, they aren't going to be able to stop us as well.....

Not scared of the rest of them, especially in Arrowhead
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 08:36 PM 12-02-2020
They have a worse D than last season and are the worst at getting off the field on third downs....

They aren't going to be able hang with our offense when push comes to shove....
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:12 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Why? What happened to TJ?
TJ is the one guy.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:15 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
TJ is the one guy.
Oh, okay. thought something happened to him. I missed all but the last 13 minutes of the game.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:17 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
After the ATL loss, the Fade's schedule looks much more daunting than when everyone was in awe about them hanging with the Chiefs the second go round....Outside of the Jets, they could easily win or lose any remaining game. They can make the playoffs for sure, but that probably means beating both the Dolphins and Colts, and in reality probably winning out (which I don't think they'll do). And even if they do pull that off, and have to come to KC in January, I just don't think they can hold up.

As far as the rest of them go, I totally agree with you. At the end of the day, the Steelers D is by far the best of the lot (that was with Dupree though), and we will still put up our obligatory 25+ points, which I believe they will have difficulty matching because we can stop their O.....

If the Tits had a better D, I'd be more concerned, but when you give up something like 50% conversion rate on 3rd down while playing a bunch of very average offenses, they aren't going to be able to stop us as well.....

Not scared of the rest of them, especially in Arrowhead
The reality is, I believe, that the Titans and Steelers are the only teams that could even potentially be mentioned in a “beat KC” scenario. If the Chiefs had a down game, those are the only two teams capable of beating us. The Chiefs could have a down game and still would easily beat Cle, Mia, Indy, etc. I don’t believe the Ravens make the playoffs but even if they did, we know they’re no threat.

If the Chiefs bring their A game, the only team that stands a chance in the NFL is a Brees led Saints.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 09:37 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
The reality is, I believe, that the Titans and Steelers are the only teams that could even potentially be mentioned in a “beat KC” scenario. If the Chiefs had a down game, those are the only two teams capable of beating us. The Chiefs could have a down game and still would easily beat Cle, Mia, Indy, etc. I don’t believe the Ravens make the playoffs but even if they did, we know they’re no threat.

If the Chiefs bring their A game, the only team that stands a chance in the NFL is a Brees led Saints.
I agree....would maybe add Buffalo to the "beat KC" scenario, even above the Tits

But those are very big ifs....
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 09:58 PM 12-02-2020
Poor Ben. They take a full out sprint from 15 yards to knock him down
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:03 PM 12-02-2020
I'm afraid we've had our fun.

This is going to be a boring execution for every team on the way to the SB.

Maybe the SB will be fun.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 10:07 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

yeah...I don't think we see anything like last year, spotting teams 24 pts....dramatic 10 pt comebacks that turn into routs, late game heroics....

As fun as it was, I think this year is going to be laser-focus dismantling of every foe.....

And imagine if the Steelers somehow get to 16-0 and have all the pressure on them....you think Pat is going to lose a game against an undefeated Steelers....no way....
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:17 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

I think we'll see some fireworks vs. the Saints. That's a good front they have on defense, so I expect we'll see some interesting plays, at least until we establish a good lead. Taysom is not going to lead NOR into a shoot-out with us, period. Get up by 17 or so then play keep away the rest of the way.

MIA I just don't know. That defense on paper looks pretty good. And they've gone 6-1 over their last 7 games, beating some good, or at least decent teams like the Rams and the Cards. But the Cards basically gave that game away, and somehow they lost to DEN. I think MIA is better than they were last season, but still not a solid upper mid-tier team. We should beat them fairly easily, because regardless of how good their defense is, they haven't seen anything like our offense, and their offense is still very average at best.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 10:31 PM 12-02-2020
I guess it's nice not to have the pressure of being undefeated, but I can't help but wonder what we would all be thinking right now if we were 11-0.

This team is definitely good enough to do it. Shame we had to blow one to the Fade.
[Reply]
Page 60 of 162
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110160 > Last »
Up