ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 199 of 205
« First < 99149189195196197198199 200201202203 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
KC_Connection 11:56 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
"What is it they think the league can do?" one owner wondered. "We have been fully supportive."

"If we stop playing today," one front-office executive asked his players on Wednesday, "is that changing anything in the world? Will everyone else in the world just move on, and then will we lose our platforms?"

Another executive said, "The question we asked our players: What do you hope to accomplish by not playing the games? The answers were very different. I think that's something everyone is still formulating for themselves. What's the endgame here, and does not playing accomplish it?"
Originally Posted by :
Paul called on the players to come away from the meeting with a unified front, with plans of action and with a clear understanding of the financial perils that might await the players and league if the season does not proceed to the finish.

Those effects could be "cataclysmic" in the words of one league executive. NBPA executive director Michele Roberts and senior counsel Ron Klempner, both of whom were on site in Orlando for Wednesday's meeting, explained that if the players decide not to play the remainder of the season, they could lose 25-30% of their salary for next year. The league could also terminate the collective bargaining agreement and lock out the players while terms of a new CBA are negotiated under the economic and societal duress of the pandemic.
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ic-nba-boycott

I would suggest this is the most important thing in that story and why the season is still going to get played.
Buehler445 11:58 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Find where I said that.

The country is so damn divided that neither side will even listen to the other at this point about anything.
Literally the only thing you mentioned was the dude. You very notably didn't say anything about anybody else.

I’m not going to get into this here, but if you don’t think Trump has been purposefully dividing the country over the past five years (he’s basically now run two separate political campaigns with that goal in mind), you’re not paying much attention.
I'll leave it there. I goddamned hate politics so fucking much I feel dirty even typing out ShiftT-r-u-m-p.

But I can't in good conscious not push back if there claims of systemic racism. I just don't see it. And if all this is based on a super-wrong assumption, I just can't sit back and agree lock stock and barrel.
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:58 AM 08-27-2020
Lebron was actually up all night playing madden. He’s doesn’t give a shit about any of this
KC_Connection 12:01 PM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Literally the only thing you mentioned was the dude. You very notably didn't say anything about anybody else.
Stating that Trump has divided the country is simply a fact (and I don't know why saying something so obvious would upset anybody). But stating it also doesn't mean nobody else on the other side has contributed to that (or that they're aren't various other reasons for it).
BigCatDaddy 12:03 PM 08-27-2020
Stating that Trump has divided the country is simply a fact. But stating it also doesn't mean nobody else on the other side has contributed to that.
No, it's not a fact and actually totally wrong. NOW, if you want to say unable to bring the country together then that would be a fact.
KC_Connection 12:04 PM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
No, it's not a fact and actually totally wrong. NOW, if you want to say unable to bring the country together then that would be a fact.
I see this is going nowhere.
htismaqe 12:10 PM 08-27-2020
Nobody said it did either, but it certainly has got a hell of a lot worse since then.
A hell of a lot worse?

The only thing that has really changed is how much the media talks about it. Cops were killing black dudes at pretty much the same clip in 2012 but it wasn't convenient to blame a sitting black president for that.
smithandrew051 12:10 PM 08-27-2020
Yet another sports thread turns political.

This site is something else lately.
KC_Connection 12:12 PM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

It's certainly different than it was pre-2016, I'll say that.
Mecca 12:12 PM 08-27-2020
Well sir that is just shocking now isn't it?
htismaqe 12:14 PM 08-27-2020

The players themselves are talking politics instead of sports. What do you expect exactly?

If you're just here for the sports, you certainly aren't listening to them or supporting their cause.
eDave 12:14 PM 08-27-2020

This one never stood a chance. And with DaFace out of the way, it's an easy target.
Mecca 12:14 PM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The players themselves are talking politics instead of sports. What do you expect exactly?

If you're just here for the sports, you certainly aren't listening to them or supporting their cause.
To be fair there is a thread for this in DC...
htismaqe 12:15 PM 08-27-2020
This has to be a joke.

Anybody that came to this place from the old Star forum knows you're absolutely wrong.

And that was 2-fucking-thousand.
htismaqe 12:15 PM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
To be fair there is a thread for this in DC...
So you want to confine their message and effectively mute them? Way to support the cause, bro.
Page 199 of 205
« First < 99149189195196197198199 200201202203 > Last »
Up