ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 147 of 205
« First < 4797137143144145146147 148149150151157197 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
BigCatDaddy 04:07 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
They did, but that is both a function of temporary decrease in popularity COMBINED with TV viewing habits changing.

And if you are talking at a rest of the world level, the NBA is #1 and far ahead of the NFL and MLB in popularity.
I don't know about popularity but the NFL makes twice as much $ as the NBA.
DaneMcCloud 04:12 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I don't know about popularity but the NFL makes twice as much $ as the NBA.
That's false.

The NBA generated about $9 billion in 2018 while the NFL generated $14 billion.

Once the NBA's broadcast contracts expire in 5 years, their revenue will expand even further, especially when gambling is factored into the equation.
lcarus 05:06 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
:-)

JFC, you CANNOT compare TV rating from an era in which ALL SPORTS were broadcast on Over-The-Air networks to 2020, when nearly every game competes with 300 channels, phones and other devices.

That's like saying "No TV show will EVER match the ratings of I Love Lucy in the 50's".

Yeah, no shit, Sherlock.
Lol. I Love Lucy could at least get some work done down in the post with that big ass of hers.
lcarus 05:10 PM 08-05-2020
Wait wut? Leflop not a flopper? Next to Harden he is known as the biggest flopper in the NBA :-)
Harden holy cow. Just a couple days ago he shot a three, the defender jumped at him and avoided him in air. After the release, Harden somehow leans to his left in air and into the defender who successfully avoided touching him. It almost defied physics. Not sure how he did it. And of course they fucking blew the whistle and he got 3 free throws...
BigCatDaddy 05:38 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Harden holy cow. Just a couple days ago he shot a three, the defender jumped at him and avoided him in air. After the release, Harden somehow leans to his left in air and into the defender who successfully avoided touching him. It almost defied physics. Not sure how he did it. And of course they ****ing blew the whistle and he got 3 free throws...
My 12 year old loves the NBA and can't stand him. When you are that well known and not popular with a 12 year old that's a problem.
Pitt Gorilla 06:10 PM 08-05-2020
Harden holy cow. Just a couple days ago he shot a three, the defender jumped at him and avoided him in air. After the release, Harden somehow leans to his left in air and into the defender who successfully avoided touching him. It almost defied physics. Not sure how he did it. And of course they ****ing blew the whistle and he got 3 free throws...
I used to like Harden a lot, but he's impossible to watch now.
DaneMcCloud 06:12 PM 08-05-2020
My 12 year old loves the NBA and can't stand him. When you are that well known and not popular with a 12 year old that's a problem.
Yeah, because your son is the only 12 year old on the planet.

I fucking HATED Joe Montana when I was 14 but it didn't stop him from winning 4 Super Bowls.
BigCatDaddy 06:13 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yeah, because your son is the only 12 year old on the planet.

I ****ing HATED Joe Montana when I was 14 but it didn't stop him from winning 4 Super Bowls.
The sky is blue.
staylor26 06:16 PM 08-05-2020
I know it’s random, but Luka Doncic is my new favorite player.

I can’t wait to watch the rest of that guys career play out. I really wanted him on the Bulls.
BigCatDaddy 06:33 PM 08-05-2020
LBJ really struggling out of the gate starting back up. I wonder if all the miles finally caught up or he just doesn't have his legs back yet.
lcarus 07:38 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:

I can’t wait to watch the rest of that guys career play out. I really wanted him on the Bulls.
I feel ya. Really hoped Orlando got him. Actually hoped they got any of the top 4 or 5 in that draft. Instead they just missed out and had the 6th pick and took Mo Bamba. :-)
BWillie 07:39 PM 08-05-2020
I feel ya. Really hoped Orlando got him. Actually hoped they got any of the top 4 or 5 in that draft. Instead they just missed out and had the 6th pick and took Mo Bamba. :-)
You always draft the guy that has a song made after him. Everyone knows that.

LBJ really struggling out of the gate starting back up. I wonder if all the miles finally caught up or he just doesn't have his legs back yet.
When you play the most underrated team in the NBA - you gotta check ya self.

I'm going to laugh when its OKC vs Nuggets. for the Western Conf finals. Man, would the NBA be pissed.
KC_Connection 11:06 PM 08-05-2020

Most impressive start to a career I’ve seen since LeBron. He will win multiple MVPs.
PunkinDrublic 01:49 AM 08-06-2020

I’m a huge Mavs fan. It’s been downhill ever since they won a championship but I’m stoked they finally found a superstar to build around.
BigCatDaddy 06:55 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Most impressive start to a career I’ve seen since LeBron. He will win multiple MVPs.
LeBron looks like shit. He is almost 36 which is when we see stars take about a 20% hit in production. Not sure AD can carry them to a title.
Page 147 of 205
« First < 4797137143144145146147 148149150151157197 > Last »
Up