ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Heard a rumor we signed Jason White?(nm)
Goshma Ballsich 09:53 AM 04-28-2005
nm
[Reply]
philfree 12:47 PM 04-28-2005
Originally Posted by arc:
Huard.

DV already said Kilian would be a practice squad guy for a year or two.

Clausen couldn't even make it on an active roster in NFLE.

White = camp arm

If I were Clausen I'd be headed back across the pond if I wasn't even a backup. He can get more out of beibg at the mini camps then he can being a practice squad player for NFLE. If I were the HC I'd bring him back. I think there's politics that goes on which determines who the starting QBs are in NFLE.

PhilFree:-)
[Reply]
Frosty 12:51 PM 04-28-2005
Originally Posted by philfree:
If I were Clausen I'd be headed back across the pond if I wasn't even a backup. He can get more out of beibg at the mini camps then he can being a practice squad player for NFLE. If I were the HC I'd bring him back. I think there's politics that goes on which determines who the starting QBs are in NFLE.

PhilFree:-)
He's on the NFLE practice squad. Considering how bad some of the second stringers on the teams are (most of them get a series or two in the games), I think it says a lot about his skills. You may be right on the politics, though.

One reason he may be staying is so the Chiefs still get his NFLE roster exemption during camp and the preseason.
[Reply]
Ultra Peanut 12:52 PM 04-28-2005
Originally Posted by Kyle401:
:-)

He will be on the PS or cut, but still funny.
At least he didn't say, "Thank God we won't draft this guy," only to have us draft him in the third round (a la Garcia Bronco on Mo Clarett).
[Reply]
Kyle401 12:58 PM 04-28-2005
Originally Posted by Psicosis:
At least he didn't say, "Thank God we won't draft this guy," only to have us draft him in the third round (a la Garcia Bronco on Mo Clarett).
True, but I still found the irony of the situation humorous. (I'm not saying he's wrong.) :-)
[Reply]
Archie F. Swin 12:59 PM 04-28-2005
Jason White = Super Bowl

(not a super bowl win, mind you)
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:12 PM 04-28-2005
When the game is on the line, against a tough defense, he crumbled. He is not a pressure performer.

I don't care what else he did, his performance against KSU, LSU and USC along with his health issues kept him from being drafted.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 01:23 PM 04-28-2005
Jason White + Rich Scanlon = Team for the AGES!
[Reply]
Ultra Peanut 01:29 PM 04-28-2005
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
When the game is on the line, against a tough defense, he crumbled. He is not a pressure performer.

I don't care what else he did, his performance against KSU, LSU and USC along with his health issues kept him from being drafted.
Man, **** that Dutch noise. Haven't we learned anything from the story of Shane Falco?
[Reply]
Logical 01:35 PM 04-28-2005
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I guess I didn't watch Oklahoma enough.

Why does everyone Hate White? A Heisman and a couple of championships isn't bad. The only down I can think of(because I haven't watched him) is that he's had some knee surgeries.
He is a system QB, very little pro potential. Poor arm, moderate accuracy, lost his mobility to the knee surgeries, not considered to be much of a leader. Not required in that offensive system.
[Reply]
chiefs1111 01:39 PM 04-28-2005
we didnt sign him we just invited him to mini camp
[Reply]
TRR 01:41 PM 04-28-2005
Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav:
He is a system QB, very little pro potential. Poor arm, moderate accuracy, lost his mobility to the knee surgeries, not considered to be much of a leader. Not required in that offensive system.
Moderate accuracy? The guy had completed 198 passes without an INT. White has the accuracy of an NFL QB in the right system. His arm strength and knees are the question mark. (Along with the talent arguement).

Everyone knocked Ken Dorsey a while back for the same type of stuff. He is a decent backup QB in the league now. That's all we are asking White to do...At best.
[Reply]
TRR 01:42 PM 04-28-2005
Originally Posted by chiefs1111:
we didnt sign him we just invited him to mini camp
Uh....That means we signed him to a undrafted FA contract.
[Reply]
tk13 01:46 PM 04-28-2005
He's alright, seemed to buckle under the pressure everytime they played in a big game against tough competition though.
[Reply]
crossbow 02:03 PM 04-28-2005
My prediction for (what it is worth) is that next year they will draft a QB on the first day. Also they will want to find Roaf's replacement.
[Reply]
BigRock 02:05 PM 04-28-2005
What the fuck are you looking at? You didn't believe me?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up