ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Connecticut SC will allow people to sue weapons manufacturers following Sandy Hook
MephistophelesJanx 03:18 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by :
The Connecticut Supreme Court dealt a major blow to the firearms industry on Thursday, clearing the way for a lawsuit against the companies that manufactured and sold the semiautomatic rifle used by the gunman in the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
https://www.nytimes.com/…/ny…/sandy-...me-court.html…

Absolutely bonkers. Get ready because it is time to sue Ford when someone uses a vehicle to mow down protestors. It is time to sue Prestone when someone poisons a bunch of people with anti-freeze. Definitely time to sue Budweiser and Malboro for the obvious reasons.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:32 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by baitism:
Gun manufacturers need to GTFO of liberal states. I can't believe Colt is still based in CT.
Agree.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 06:20 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Dallas Chief:
Hollywood meets the real world. The Insider already brought to life the book villain from Runaway Jury, the tobacco industry. So they had to adapt the story to fit another liberal narrative that targets those that "cling to their guns and religion". What's next?
Uh ... religion.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 06:21 PM 03-14-2019
will die in SCotus
[Reply]
Raiderhader 06:30 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
https://www.nytimes.com/…/ny…/sandy-...me-court.html…

Absolutely bonkers. Get ready because it is time to sue Ford when someone uses a vehicle to mow down protestors. It is time to sue Prestone when someone poisons a bunch of people with anti-freeze. Definitely time to sue Budweiser and Malboro for the obvious reasons.
ChiefsPlanet would be so fucked.
[Reply]
lostcause 04:21 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
Uh ... religion.
Would be amazing, wouldn't it?
[Reply]
RN47 06:34 AM 03-15-2019
Pointless judicial virtue signaling at the state level. Already protected under federal law. See Public Law 109-92 and 119 Statute 2095, more commonly known as the "Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act." In Sandy Hook, the murderer got the weapons through commission of a crime, and Remington is immune from liability as a result. PLCAA is clear and unambiguous, and this frivolous lawsuit is the exact sort of silliness the PLCAA was enacted to preclude. The plaintiffs best get ready to pay Remington's court costs, and possibly more.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:37 AM 03-15-2019
There is a ton of precedent that makes this case pure liberal insanity. The SC needs to take this up ASAP and knock these liberal activist bitch judges back to reality. Of course the town idiots, Cosmo and co., are hopeful that they can find a loophole to erode a constitutional right. They don't realize that it is likely the most important one as it actually protects all the other rights they love. Fucking buttfucking morons.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 07:23 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
The case will go to SCOTUS and they will uphold the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms act.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protec...ce_in_Arms_Act
They ruled that the Connecticut consumer protection statute overruled the federal lawful commerce in arms statute. I’m not sure what precedent there would be for such a ruling but it seems likely that even if they win, it would only apply in Connecticut. Although a lot of other states would follow suit if that happened, I’m sure.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 07:25 AM 03-15-2019
In any event, this is just a ploy to subpoena the manufacturers inner records and material. They’re hoping to find a smoking gun there like they did with the tobacco companies.

The plaintiffs lawyers said as much.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:25 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
They ruled that the Connecticut consumer protection statute overruled the federal lawful commerce in arms statute. I’m not sure what precedent there would be for such a ruling but it seems likely that even if they win, it would only apply in Connecticut. Although a lot of other states would follow suit if that happened, I’m sure.
Leftist Judicial Overreach/Activism. Period.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 07:45 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Leftist Judicial Overreach/Activism. Period.
Oh absolutely. That’s why a solidly conservative Supreme Court is such a Godsend.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 08:10 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
There is a ton of precedent that makes this case pure liberal insanity. The SC needs to take this up ASAP and knock these liberal activist bitch judges back to reality. Of course the town idiots, Cosmo and co., are hopeful that they can find a loophole to erode a constitutional right. They don't realize that it is likely the most important one as it actually protects all the other rights they love. Fucking buttfucking morons.
The left loves none of our God-given rights. Therefore they see no value in the one that ensures the others.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:42 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
ChiefsPlanet would be so ****ed.
You will take my Prestone when you pry my cold, dead hands from around it!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:18 AM 03-15-2019

:-)
[Reply]
Detoxing 11:20 AM 03-15-2019
And there's your end game.

This is exactly why Sandy Hook was faked.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up