ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Connecticut SC will allow people to sue weapons manufacturers following Sandy Hook
MephistophelesJanx 03:18 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by :
The Connecticut Supreme Court dealt a major blow to the firearms industry on Thursday, clearing the way for a lawsuit against the companies that manufactured and sold the semiautomatic rifle used by the gunman in the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
https://www.nytimes.com/…/ny…/sandy-...me-court.html…

Absolutely bonkers. Get ready because it is time to sue Ford when someone uses a vehicle to mow down protestors. It is time to sue Prestone when someone poisons a bunch of people with anti-freeze. Definitely time to sue Budweiser and Malboro for the obvious reasons.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 03:28 PM 03-14-2019
I'm pretty sure big tobacco has been sued many many times.
[Reply]
Donger 03:30 PM 03-14-2019
Sued for what?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:38 PM 03-14-2019
Ridiculous. I bet it moves to a higher court all the way to the SC.

Why not the school, which was designated a gun-free zone endangering the kids?

You know why? Because the school doesn't have deep-pockets lawyers look for to take such a case. So it's the weapon's manufacturers they go after. GREED!
[Reply]
Loneiguana 03:40 PM 03-14-2019

[Reply]
notorious 03:49 PM 03-14-2019
Lol.

Unless a gun is proven faulty there won’t be any grounds to sue.

They are just trying to drain the gun manufacturer wallets with endless litigation.
[Reply]
RickObie 04:22 PM 03-14-2019
This is dumb as Hell - I guess the drunk driver that hit me and caused injury will allow me to sue the maker of the car?
[Reply]
vailpass 04:58 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
^
Haven't been this excited about a court case since they won their toxic shock syndrome lawsuit.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:02 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Guns are now an addictive substance?
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 05:11 PM 03-14-2019
Which part of my post led you to believe I think that?
[Reply]
Dallas Chief 05:12 PM 03-14-2019
Hollywood meets the real world. The Insider already brought to life the book villain from Runaway Jury, the tobacco industry. So they had to adapt the story to fit another liberal narrative that targets those that "cling to their guns and religion". What's next?

[Reply]
DJJasonp 05:18 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Dallas Chief:
Hollywood meets the real world. The Insider already brought to life the book villain from Runaway Jury, the tobacco industry. So they had to adapt the story to fit another liberal narrative that targets those that "cling to their guns and religion". What's next?

This was exactly my first thought as well.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:29 PM 03-14-2019
I'll be happy to donate to the gun manufacture's go fund me efforts.
[Reply]
baitism 05:30 PM 03-14-2019
Gun manufacturers need to GTFO of liberal states. I can't believe Colt is still based in CT.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 05:31 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Lol.

Unless a gun is proven faulty there won’t be any grounds to sue.

They are just trying to drain the gun manufacturer wallets with endless litigation.
The case will go to SCOTUS and they will uphold the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms act.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protec...ce_in_Arms_Act
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up