ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Wookie trying to help Jussie?
HonestChieffan 11:23 AM 03-14-2019

Emails reveal States Attorney Kim Foxx asked Superintendent Eddie Johnson to give FBI Smollett case https://t.co/QFGxX2LBqJ pic.twitter.com/2ZaW0BsfQT

— NBC Chicago (@nbcchicago) March 13, 2019

New documents showing text messages and email chains revealed Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx’s asked Supt. Eddie Johnson to turn the Jussie Smollett investigation over to the FBI before she recused herself from the case.

The documents, obtained Wednesday by NBC 5 via a Freedom of Information Act request, show correspondence between Foxx, an unknown person and Tina Tchen, a one-time assistant to former President Barack Obama and Chief of Staff to Michelle Obama.

In an email, Tchen said she knows the Smollett family and said they “have concerns about the investigation” into his alleged hate crime attack, which police now say was hoax staged to boost his career.

In the messages, Foxx tells an unknown person who contacted her through Tchen, that she “spoke to the superintendent” and was “trying to figure out logistics.”
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 09:59 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Say something nice about President Trump.
He begot a hot daughter.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 10:12 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
Yeah, I'm racist, I admit it.....which means I am in a better position to deal with it. I think every else is racist too and most of you are delusional concerning this matter.
Sure, but who cares what a racist thinks?
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:10 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
I just don't get this thread from either side. :-)
The following 3

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Me either but calling the woman a "wookie" not only doesn't make his point, but also hurts it to most reasonable folks.
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
I have no animosity nor affection for BEP so I'm certainly not coming to her defense but every time I see someone use "wookie" in reference to Michelle Obama, I cringe. Now that I see it being used for another black woman I believe it's hard to deny it's racist. I also have no animosity nor affection for HCF and I'm always disappointed to see someone, many of who's views I share, stoop so low. My two cents.
+1 on these.
apparently have no idea what racism actually is. The other side, as you put it, is just dog piling at this point.
[Reply]
eDave 11:33 PM 03-14-2019
He's the exception that proves the rule.

:-)
[Reply]
cosmo20002 03-14-2019, 11:46 PM
This message has been deleted by cosmo20002.
cosmo20002 11:47 PM 03-14-2019
He's a great golfer. A reported handicap that would rank with the world's best golfers, and he won his club's championship tournament without even playing in it.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 11:49 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
Sure, but who cares what a racist thinks?
Like I said earlier, I believe everyone is racist and that most are delusional about it. I don't conceptualize racism as an either/or proposition. Its something built into us. I see good people self segregating all the time and they don't even realize it. Still, I often take care to pay attention to what delusional racist have to say because occasionally they come up with bits of wisdom.

You were obviously indoctrinated that racism is something boolean and intrinsically evil. Perhaps it time you think for yourself and question that notion. Maybe the evil in racism only lies in not knowing or not caring that you are racist?
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 11:56 PM 03-14-2019
Like I said earlier, I believe everyone is racist and that most are delusional about it. I don't conceptualize racism as an either/or proposition. Its something built into us. I see good people self segregating all the time and they don't even realize it. Still, I often take care to pay attention to what delusional racist have to say because occasionally they come up with bits of wisdom.

You were obviously indoctrinated that racism is something boolean and intrinsically evil. Perhaps it time you think for yourself and question that notion. Maybe the evil in racism only lies in not knowing or not caring that you are racist?
Dude, you're admittedly a disgusting racist. Please stop trying to talk with me.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 12:04 AM 03-15-2019
Dude, you're admittedly a disgusting racist. Please stop trying to talk with me.
I will try to honor your request. Your cause would be helped though, if you simply ignored people you find disgusting instead of going out of your way to engage with them. If you talk about something I said, especially critically, I might feel obligated to respond. Even though I know that might make you whine and cry and feel like you have sand in your vagina, I always reserve the right to defend myself.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:11 AM 03-15-2019

The exact same people can exhibit zero racism for a lifetime, and be virulently, even stridently racist at the same time, with the same thoughts and behaviors under consideration. This is because there are divergent, even incompatible, definitions of racism that pop in an out of existence in analysis, depending on what rhetorical point the analyst is trying to make.

For instance;

The individualist view of racism, embodied by MLKJr's wish that people be judged on the content of their character, focuses on personal interaction. One can be non-racist by limiting your assessment of individuals based on their own specific thoughts and words, not your presumptions about how people who look or live like them probably think based on prior experiences and anecdotes involving others.

Evolving over recent years is a revision of this conception to a structural power model. The relieves those without structural power of the obligations under an individualistic view because even if they're a mean stereotyping asshole, they don't have the power to do any lasting damage with their epithets or attitudes. Further, it burdens those with structural power with the additional burden of lessening the impact of their existence and adding value to the existence of those without power.

This evolution has profound moral problems, because society assesses who is and isn't in power by making the very presumptions based on skin color that forms the basis of the moral approbation for racism to begin with. Proponents call it anti-racism. At best it can be characterized as goodhearted wrongheaded racism.

And even then, this particular incident where someone pokes ridicule at the body habitus and gait of the former first lady seems to break new ground. The disparagement isn't racist in the individualistic sense because the disparagement is specific to the individual. And it isn't racist in the structural power sense because Ms. Obama wields more power, structural and otherwise, than anyone involved here.

Yet and still, there is an emotional reaction that those criticizing the disparagement can't quite put into words, yet they feel that their emotional reaction DEMANDS contrition from those who have induced it in them.

As I said earlier, it would be nice if everyone was nice to each other, but everyone knows that isn't happening. And if it isn't happening, I can't support differing standards in the level of ridicule the powerful can face based on skin color, particularly when the ridicule is specific to the powerful person. Not only is it not fair to those who don't get the protection, it's condescending to those who do.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 12:18 AM 03-15-2019
I will try to honor your request. Your cause would be helped though, if you simply ignored people you find disgusting instead of going out of your way to engage with them. If you talk about something I said, especially critically, I might feel obligated to respond. Even though I know that might make you whine and cry and feel like you have sand in your vagina, I always reserve the right to defend myself.
Deaf as a Dutchman, this one.
[Reply]
fan4ever 08:41 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
The following 3
Try this. The next time you're in a group of people why don't you spout "Hey, anyone ever notice how Michelle Obama looks just like a Wookie" and see how the people respond. That should be a good "racist" measuring stick for you.
[Reply]
fan4ever 08:42 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
He's the exception that proves the rule.

:-)
Oh, c'mon...something like "he's banged a lot of beautiful women"...not that hard.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:49 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
Try this. The next time you're in a group of people why don't you spout "Hey, anyone ever notice how Michelle Obama looks just like a Wookie" and see how the people respond. That should be a good "racist" measuring stick for you.
I completely reject the 'straw poll of emotional response' method of determining ad hoc instances of racism.

It removes all moral power from the concept.
[Reply]
fan4ever 08:54 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I completely reject the 'straw poll of emotional response' method of determining ad hoc instances of racism.

It removes all moral power from the concept.
OK...personally I kind of care if people think I'm a piece of shit or not...but that's just me.
[Reply]
patteeu 09:00 AM 03-15-2019
:-) I bet all racists think everyone is a racist like that guy does.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up