ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Wookie trying to help Jussie?
HonestChieffan 11:23 AM 03-14-2019

Emails reveal States Attorney Kim Foxx asked Superintendent Eddie Johnson to give FBI Smollett case https://t.co/QFGxX2LBqJ pic.twitter.com/2ZaW0BsfQT

— NBC Chicago (@nbcchicago) March 13, 2019

New documents showing text messages and email chains revealed Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx’s asked Supt. Eddie Johnson to turn the Jussie Smollett investigation over to the FBI before she recused herself from the case.

The documents, obtained Wednesday by NBC 5 via a Freedom of Information Act request, show correspondence between Foxx, an unknown person and Tina Tchen, a one-time assistant to former President Barack Obama and Chief of Staff to Michelle Obama.

In an email, Tchen said she knows the Smollett family and said they “have concerns about the investigation” into his alleged hate crime attack, which police now say was hoax staged to boost his career.

In the messages, Foxx tells an unknown person who contacted her through Tchen, that she “spoke to the superintendent” and was “trying to figure out logistics.”
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:22 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Whatever ****.

And I'm calling you a **** because you mostly act like a ****.
Ah, projection suits you.
[Reply]
New World Order 03:23 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I don't think she looks at all like a "wookie". Now what about the other black women HCF referred to?
Do you think she looks like a power forward?
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 03:25 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
If you think calling a white person a monkey is okay, but calling a black person a monkey is racist ... you might be the racist.

Michelle Obama was compared to a wookie, mostly because of her size. Because holy shit.

But whatever, I'm not here to defend anybody.
I am a racist. I think everyone is.

I do take the position that if a black person is referred to as an ape(Obama for instance), the insult is much more likely to be intended as a racial epitaph than if a white person is referred to as an ape(Bush for instance).

Originally Posted by Marcellus:
The term is meant to be insulting .Not all insults are racist in nature. By all these same arguments you couldn't call a black person ANYTHING without it somehow being racist.

I mean they call her Wookie because she looks like a freaking wookie. :-)
It doesn't matter why she is called Wookie. If you call her that, people will sincerely believe you are racist. You will then waste a lot of time trying to explain that you are not a racist instead of discussing the important thing you really wanted to talk about.....assuming of course you were looking for some actual discourse about something interesting and not just trolling.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:27 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Do you think she looks like a power forward?
I have no idea what a power forward looks like since I don't care for basketball. Except for Kevin McHale since I'm from Boston. And he's cute.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:27 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
I am a racist. I think everyone is.

I do take the position that if a black person is referred to as an ape(Obama for instance), the insult is much more likely to be intended as a racial epitaph than if a white person is referred to as an ape(Bush for instance).

It doesn't matter why she is called Wookie. If you call her that, people will sincerely believe you are racist. You will then waste a lot of time trying to explain that you are not a racist instead of discussing the important thing you really wanted to talk about.....assuming of course you were looking for some actual discourse about something interesting and not just trolling.
Explain the reason for this. Why is it racist one way and not another?
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 03:29 PM 03-14-2019
I have no idea what a power forward looks like since I don't care for basketball. Except for Kevin McHale since I'm from Boston. And he's cute.
I was wondering if Yao Ming was ever called a Wookie.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:35 PM 03-14-2019
I was wondering if Yao Ming was ever called a Wookie.
Geez! I had to google that one. Never seen someone who is Chinese that tall.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:35 PM 03-14-2019
You really need to ask?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:36 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Shields68:
Would think that turning it over to the Feds would guaranteed Smollett would skate on the state charges.
Under Trump? No way.

Irrelevant anyway since everyone wants him fried
[Reply]
fan4ever 03:39 PM 03-14-2019
Seriously? Because since forever the comparison of black people to apes has been a way for white racists to equate blacks with being less than human. Calling a white person an ape isn't nearly as inflammatory either.
[Reply]
fan4ever 03:40 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Under Trump? No way.

Irrelevant anyway since everyone wants him fried
STOP trying to get this thread back on track! Us virtue signalers are having at it (all 3 of us).
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 03:41 PM 03-14-2019
The connotation exists because for hundreds of years blacks were considered sub-humans who came from the same area of the world as apes. They were commonly depicted as apes. It hasn't really been a long time that this view of blacks is generally considered unacceptable. Connotations take a long time to die out.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:41 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
Seriously? Because since forever the comparison of black people to apes has been a way for white racists to equate blacks with being less than human. Calling a white person an ape isn't nearly as inflammatory either.
Yep!
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 03:47 PM 03-14-2019
Geez! I had to google that one. Never seen someone who is Chinese that tall.
Thought experiment.

The fan next to you points to two basketball players, Magic Johnson and Larry Bird. The fan says, that Wookie is the best player ever.

Who do you think the fan is referring too? I would think Johnson and its not even close. Does that make me a racist?
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:51 PM 03-14-2019
Thought experiment.

The fan next to you points to two basketball players, Magic Johnson and Larry Bird. The fan says, that Wookie is the best player ever.

Who do you think the fan is referring too? I would think Johnson and its not even close. Does that make me a racist?
Is trailer trash racist?
[Reply]
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up