ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Wookie trying to help Jussie?
HonestChieffan 11:23 AM 03-14-2019

Emails reveal States Attorney Kim Foxx asked Superintendent Eddie Johnson to give FBI Smollett case https://t.co/QFGxX2LBqJ pic.twitter.com/2ZaW0BsfQT

— NBC Chicago (@nbcchicago) March 13, 2019

New documents showing text messages and email chains revealed Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx’s asked Supt. Eddie Johnson to turn the Jussie Smollett investigation over to the FBI before she recused herself from the case.

The documents, obtained Wednesday by NBC 5 via a Freedom of Information Act request, show correspondence between Foxx, an unknown person and Tina Tchen, a one-time assistant to former President Barack Obama and Chief of Staff to Michelle Obama.

In an email, Tchen said she knows the Smollett family and said they “have concerns about the investigation” into his alleged hate crime attack, which police now say was hoax staged to boost his career.

In the messages, Foxx tells an unknown person who contacted her through Tchen, that she “spoke to the superintendent” and was “trying to figure out logistics.”
[Reply]
LiveSteam 01:30 PM 03-14-2019
Sasquatch.. It's PC
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 01:52 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Using wookie as an epithet for black women is pretty racist in my book. No wonder you call people who don't agree with you on Israel anti-semites. You're not different than the left.
Me either but calling the woman a "wookie" not only doesn't make his point, but also hurts it to most reasonable folks.
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
I have no animosity nor affection for BEP so I'm certainly not coming to her defense but every time I see someone use "wookie" in reference to Michelle Obama, I cringe. Now that I see it being used for another black woman I believe it's hard to deny it's racist. I also have no animosity nor affection for HCF and I'm always disappointed to see someone, many of who's views I share, stoop so low. My two cents.
+1 on these.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:15 PM 03-14-2019

[Reply]
Marcellus 02:22 PM 03-14-2019
Chewbacca (/tʃuːˈbɑːkə/), nicknamed "Chewie", is a fictional character in the Star Wars franchise. He is a Wookiee, a tall, hirsute biped and intelligent species from the planet Kashyyyk.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chewbacca

hirsute
means hairy
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hirsute
Hairy Biped
A humanlike or apelike Entity of North America
possessing some of the characteristics of
Giant Hominids or North American Apes.
https://new-cryptozoology.fandom.com/wiki/Hairy_Biped
Its well established that comparing people to apes has been done by pretty much every race towards every other race. Its not a black thing.

You know how often Gorge W was compared to a monkey?

Just a select few of the hundreds of images easily found.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:28 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Its well established that comparing people to apes has been done by pretty much every race towards every other race. Its not a black thing.

[/IMG]

So.

When done to a black person it takes on a racist tone in my book. Bush is white. Not an equivalent comparison.

That's your opinion you're fine with it. As I said in my first post commenting on this coming off racist, it's mine in my book. We're not arguing hard facts here. And I am not a fan of using "racism" easily. This is like the "N" word to me. It's conjures up images of apes.

Once again, HCF would be the first to yell "anti-semite" if someone made one criticism of Israel. He's cut from the same cloth.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 02:34 PM 03-14-2019

You're not wrong in your claim the ape slur has been levied against every race.
What you don't realize is the connotation is different when the insult is hurled against a person of color. You might not like that it is that way, but it is that way. If you compare a black person to an ape, other people will think you are racist.
[Reply]
Shields68 02:37 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
There was no point. The original concern was that leaving it in the hands of the local Chicago folks would let Smollett skate. So asking it be turned over to the Feds should’ve been a good thing.
Would think that turning it over to the Feds would guaranteed Smollett would skate on the state charges.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 02:44 PM 03-14-2019
If you think calling a white person a monkey is okay, but calling a black person a monkey is racist ... you might be the racist.

Michelle Obama was compared to a wookie, mostly because of her size. Because holy shit.

But whatever, I'm not here to defend anybody.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:52 PM 03-14-2019
Is that Bobby Siprio?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:58 PM 03-14-2019
These whores have gone ape-shit crazy over this fatherfucking asshole who performed that hate crime.
[Reply]
fan4ever 03:05 PM 03-14-2019
It's interesting to watch people argue against what's obvious...but then again, this is the DC forum.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:10 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
You're not wrong in your claim the ape slur has been levied against every race.
What you don't realize is the connotation is different when the insult is hurled against a person of color. You might not like that it is that way, but it is that way. If you compare a black person to an ape, other people will think you are racist.
The term is meant to be insulting .Not all insults are racist in nature. By all these same arguments you couldn't call a black person ANYTHING without it somehow being racist.

I mean they call her Wookie because she looks like a freaking wookie. :-)
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:18 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
If you think calling a white person a monkey is okay, but calling a black person a monkey is racist ... you might be the racist.
Ridiculous false equivalence. Unless the monkey one compares them to is an albino. Critics of Bush often criticized his intelligence, but I guess this pertains to his looks, but that still wasn't based on race. This is about Michelle's racial appearance.

Originally Posted by :
Michelle Obama was compared to a wookie, mostly because of her size. Because holy shit.
Only "mostly?" What would the rest be?

A "wookie" just happens to be a big tall brown APE. So why not the "Abominable Snowman" instead? Or perhaps, something else referring to her height in less derogatory words is in order. How about Amazon woman?

Originally Posted by :
But whatever, I'm not here to defend anybody.
You just defended a person using "wookie". So I'd say you are defending someone. But whatever.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 03:20 PM 03-14-2019
Whatever cunt.

And I'm calling you a cunt because you mostly act like a cunt.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:21 PM 03-14-2019
The term is meant to be insulting .Not all insults are racist in nature. By all these same arguments you couldn't call a black person ANYTHING without it somehow being racist.

I mean they call her Wookie because she looks like a freaking wookie. :-)
I don't think she looks at all like a "wookie"—at all. It immediately conjures up in my mind an dark hairy ape when I hear that word. Now what about the other black women HCF referred to using the same word? Does she look like a "wookie" too?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up