ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Wookie trying to help Jussie?
HonestChieffan 11:23 AM 03-14-2019

Emails reveal States Attorney Kim Foxx asked Superintendent Eddie Johnson to give FBI Smollett case https://t.co/QFGxX2LBqJ pic.twitter.com/2ZaW0BsfQT

— NBC Chicago (@nbcchicago) March 13, 2019

New documents showing text messages and email chains revealed Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx’s asked Supt. Eddie Johnson to turn the Jussie Smollett investigation over to the FBI before she recused herself from the case.

The documents, obtained Wednesday by NBC 5 via a Freedom of Information Act request, show correspondence between Foxx, an unknown person and Tina Tchen, a one-time assistant to former President Barack Obama and Chief of Staff to Michelle Obama.

In an email, Tchen said she knows the Smollett family and said they “have concerns about the investigation” into his alleged hate crime attack, which police now say was hoax staged to boost his career.

In the messages, Foxx tells an unknown person who contacted her through Tchen, that she “spoke to the superintendent” and was “trying to figure out logistics.”
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:01 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Well, when people bring up Israel for NO REASON as you did here, the motivation is obvious.

Weird how you never complain about any other 'illegal' occupation and focus on that one. It's almost like for some reason you give them special attention.

Gee, I wonder what it is and if it has to do with the fact that you believe pretty much every anti-semitic trope in the book?

Or the fact that you use the renta-jews Iran trots out to dismiss their long history of anti-semitism and genocidal rhetoric.
I spent entirely too much time trying to figure that one out. . .

"You mean, like an unlicensed hairdresser? . . . Or a vendor of untaxed 'loosie' cigarettes?'
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:06 PM 03-14-2019
So WhiteWhale shows his NeoCon credentials complete with lies and half-truths where I did not say the things he alleges here.

Don't know where I ever said Israel was an illegal occupation. That's a new one.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:08 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I spent entirely too much time trying to figure that one out. . .

"You mean, like an unlicensed hairdresser? . . . Or a vendor of untaxed 'loosie' cigarettes?'
I can't figure that one out either since I have decried other illegal occupations. One being Syria. Another Iraq. Never called Israel an "illegal occupation" but have said I could see giving them arms as otherwise they'd be crushed. Just don't support our troops fighting wars for her directly EXACTLY per Ronald Reagan.

It's a lie.
[Reply]
InChiefsHell 12:13 PM 03-14-2019
I don't get it, what's the point in the OP?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:17 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
It's a confused disHonestChieffan topic. Just provides a chance for him to use "wookie."
[Reply]
fan4ever 12:21 PM 03-14-2019
I have no animosity nor affection for BEP so I'm certainly not coming to her defense but every time I see someone use "wookie" in reference to Michelle Obama, I cringe. Now that I see it being used for another black woman I believe it's hard to deny it's racist. I also have no animosity nor affection for HCF and I'm always disappointed to see someone, many of who's views I share, stoop so low. My two cents.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 12:35 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
I have no animosity nor affection for BEP so I'm certainly not coming to her defense but every time I see someone use "wookie" in reference to Michelle Obama, I cringe. Now that I see it being used for another black woman I believe it's hard to deny it's racist. I also have no animosity nor affection for HCF and I'm always disappointed to see someone, many of who's views I share, stoop so low. My two cents.
Chewbacca was an alien. He wasn’t black or a monkey and as far as I know, there is no extensive history of racism towards black women by comparing them to him.

I always thought the comparison was in reference to her hair and her features.

So, how is it racist, again?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:36 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
Chewbacca was an alien. He wasn’t black or a monkey and as far as I know, there is no extensive history of racism towards black women by comparing them to him.

What other animals walk on two feet and are covered with hair and share some human features as a visual association?
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 12:37 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
Also, I took the Wookie reference to be directed at Michelle because her chief of staff was the one who was asked to help.

I could be wrong.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 12:39 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
What other animals walk on two feet and are covered with hair and share some human features as a visual association?
:-)What does that have to do with what I posted?
[Reply]
fan4ever 12:43 PM 03-14-2019

I think it being a fictional creature is a weak argument. So was MaGilla Gorilla.
Personally if I were giving off a racist vibe, intentional or not, I'd think about it and probably avoid it to keep people on topic if nothing else. HFC can do what he wants...and I'm no fan of the PC culture, but he should probably be aware of downside to such statements even to people sharing many of his viewpoints.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:44 PM 03-14-2019
:-)What does that have to do with what I posted?
Everything if you can think critically by using deductive reasoning to make connections. Your post clearly shows you're not getting it.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:49 PM 03-14-2019
Chewbacca (/tʃuːˈbɑːkə/), nicknamed "Chewie", is a fictional character in the Star Wars franchise. He is a Wookiee, a tall, hirsute biped and intelligent species from the planet Kashyyyk.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chewbacca

hirsute
means hairy
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hirsute
Hairy Biped
A humanlike or apelike Entity of North America
possessing some of the characteristics of
Giant Hominids or North American Apes.
https://new-cryptozoology.fandom.com/wiki/Hairy_Biped

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:54 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
There was no point. The original concern was that leaving it in the hands of the local Chicago folks would let Smollett skate. So asking it be turned over to the Feds should’ve been a good thing.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:22 PM 03-14-2019
Also, I took the Wookie reference to be directed at Michelle because her chief of staff was the one who was asked to help.

I could be wrong.
You aren't wrong.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up