ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 14
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Tucker Carlson vs. the Great American Outrage Machine
Taco John 01:22 AM 03-12-2019

[Reply]
Detoxing 12:04 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You don't even understand the concept of the programming and the difference between opinion commentary and news.

Don't call me stupid when you dont get that.
This point was already addressed.

No one is trying to sell you on the idea that Don Lemon or CNN is objective. I never once said that at all. I said that one is far more abrasive and aggressive than the other. I pointed out their headlines as proof.

I've read your posts enough to know that you won't bother doing the exercise i suggested, so i'm not interested in discussing this with you. You made up your mind a long time ago and nothing will dissuade you from it.

You haven't even addressed the segment headlines i've laid out in this thread.

Your rebuttal was, "Yeah that's just one night!", instead of acknowledging the stark difference that's right in front of your face.

This is going nowhere with you.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:10 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
This point was already addressed.

No one is trying to sell you on the idea that Don Lemon or CNN is objective. I never once said that at all. I said that one is far more abrasive and aggressive than the other. I pointed out their headlines as proof.

I've read your posts enough to know that you won't bother doing the exercise i suggested, so i'm not interested in discussing this with you. You made up your mind a long time ago and nothing will dissuade you from it.

You haven't even addressed the segment headlines i've laid out in this thread.

You're rebuttal was, "Yeah that's just one night!".

This is going nowhere with you.
I'm not interested in your exercise because I don't watch Hannity or Carlson and your obsession with hating Fox News it littered all over this thread and forum.

You act like you are the only person on the planet that has actually watched any amount of both networks. You are simply wrong and I don't need to do your stupid exercise to prove or disprove it.

All the networks are biased, 80% of them, proven, are biased against the right. And then you have Fox which is biased against the left. Duh.

I can tell from your posts you don't watch ANYTHING on Fox but Carlson or Hannity which is at best 20% of their programming.

Most of my exposure to Fox is driving at lunch time during the middle of the afternoon listening on XM Radio. You should try it some time.
[Reply]
B_Ambuehl 12:17 PM 03-12-2019
The difference is fox news doesn't pretend to be 100% objective. CNN does. Even people who work from CNN think they're being objective because all of them think exactly the same way. Watch Don Lemon get destroyed by Ben Shapiro here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F-70rBorFs
[Reply]
patteeu 12:22 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
:-)
But they start off with delivering their version of it. Generally, these shows start off with a 5-minute rant, I mean, presentation of the day's "news." Well, their version of it, crafted so that they can spend the next segment or two "commenting" on the story they just gave you. They aren't journalists, but they certainly are delivering "news."
It's not anyone's fault but yours if you confuse opinion shows with news.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:36 PM 03-12-2019
Every time I switch on msnbc they have a “BREAKING NEWS” box in the lower LW scroll of the screen. Every day. There’s apparently breaking news every day there
[Reply]
patteeu 12:44 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Once can only take Detox's comments and surmise that he actually never watches FOX, CNN, or MSNBC. Its that far off base.

I guess if you only turned on Carlson or Hannity and never turned on CNN or MSNBC you might think what he does.
He watches the chyron for an hour or so each night but he never actually listens to what they say. Naturally, this makes him think he's an expert.

Maybe he's right about the chyron, I don't know. When I watch these shows or the news shows during the day, I'm usually listening to the program and the chyron gets secondary attention here and there. I don't know how anyone can do that and come away thinking that CNN is less biased or less interested in pushing a pov than Fox News. Watch one of their mega panels when they get 8 or 9 commentators together at one time. Typical makeup is 6 or 7 left to far left partisans including the host, with 1 or 2 centrists or Republicans, usually a venomous anti-Trumper like Anna Navarro or a go along to get along centrist like David Gergen and sometimes a conservative like Rick Santorum or Mary Katherine Ham.
[Reply]
patteeu 12:45 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
I believe him re:gym TVs....I see same thing. But I believe we see everything through our own bias filter. If you are a left leaner you automatically look at things Fox does you dislike and have zero interest in the content.

Also, gym TVs have no sound and the subtitles suck balls, so for example you fail to hear or see the snark on CNN only whatever is on the screen.
Absolutely!
[Reply]
patteeu 12:52 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
JFC man, i provided you with evidence. I provided you with MULTIPLE quotes. Sadly CNN pulled the video just now.

No, it's not just ONE NIGHT.

It's every goddamn night i go to the gym, which is 4-5 night a week. And again, i see BOTH.

Stop thinking someone is lying to all tyhe goddamn time.

Don't believe me? Look for yourself, write it down.

The fact that you can come in here and state something as stupid as you just did, despite everything i've laid out in this thread is just :-)

"Just one night" :-)

It's EVERY night. Every. Fucking. Night.

Look for yourself. You seem to think everyone is lying to you all the damn time.

Look for yourself, since apparently me laying it all out for you isn't good enough.
The problem is that what you laid out just doesn't tell much of a story and certainly not a conclusive one about the relative bias, hostility and divisiveness of the two networks. It's like judging which airplane is the safest by inspecting the tread on their tires.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 01:06 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl:
The difference is fox news doesn't pretend to be 100% objective. CNN does. Even people who work from CNN think they're being objective because all of them think exactly the same way. Watch Don Lemon get destroyed by Ben Shapiro here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F-70rBorFs
"Fair and Balanced"

It's like their actual slogan.
[Reply]
patteeu 01:14 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
"Fair and Balanced"

It's like their actual slogan.
That hasn't been their slogan for almost 2 years. Although compared to CNN, it's still pretty accurate.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:38 PM 03-12-2019
Has anyone ever actually made it thru all 15 minutes of a Rachel Madcow opening segueue ?
[Reply]
Loneiguana 01:42 PM 03-12-2019
Good old cons on this forum

A Faux News personality comes under fire for lusting after underage girls and making bigoted/racist comments and the threads turn into "Yeah, but CNN, so both sides are equally bad."

That's the type of honest and objective discussion I expect.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 01:44 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Has anyone ever actually made it thru all 15 minutes of a Rachel Madcow opening segueue ?

It's a monologue.

A segue is the transition from segment to segment.

No idea what a segueue is but Im sure its cool.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:46 PM 03-12-2019
Well, that’s 1 person who has ^^^
[Reply]
alpha_omega 02:06 PM 03-12-2019
Wait, all this hububb over something said on the "Bubba the Love Sponge Show"?
[Reply]
Page 9 of 14
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up