ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 14
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Tucker Carlson vs. the Great American Outrage Machine
Taco John 01:22 AM 03-12-2019

[Reply]
cosmo20002 11:35 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
No, commentators discuss the news, but you’re on notice that the show is opinion based.
:-)
But they start off with delivering their version of it. Generally, these shows start off with a 5-minute rant, I mean, presentation of the day's "news." Well, their version of it, crafted so that they can spend the next segment or two "commenting" on the story they just gave you. They aren't journalists, but they certainly are delivering "news."
[Reply]
Detoxing 11:36 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Correct but as Detox has said this thread is about Fox, so ......
Again. Compare yourself. At the same time. Flip through the channels. Don't stay on one longer than 30 seconds.

Have two T.V's or PIP? Even better.

Don't take my word for it. I don't expect you, or anyone else to simply take my word for it.

Look for yourself. Please. Do it. Write the segment headlines down. Compare them.

The proof is right there on your screen for anyone who cares to look. If i'm wrong, prove me wrong.

I'm confident i'm not. Because again, i see both side by side almost on a nightly basis. I've always found it interesting to compare the two.
[Reply]
Detoxing 11:39 AM 03-12-2019
Here you guys go: Don Lemon's segments from last night. Compare them.

I'll start you off: They don't post a Segment headline till about 6 minutes in.

The headline was exactly as i recalled it, "Don's take: When you like about anything, you'll lie about everything".

That was the ONLY headline for that entire segment.

The next one: "Pelosi: I'm not for Impeachment, Slam's Trump as 'not worth it' "
[Reply]
Detoxing 11:41 AM 03-12-2019
So please, here you go. You don't even have to watch tonight. Just watch the video i posted and the video in the OP.

Write down all the segment headlines from both videos, compare them and then explain to me how CNN is worse.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 11:41 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
.... So yes, the left does have some moral high ground to stand on here. .....
Sorry, that ground has long been eroded away.
[Reply]
Detoxing 11:44 AM 03-12-2019
"Pelosi Says Impeachment divides the country"

That's the next headline on CNN.

Meanwhile in the OP, "Dems panic at thought of Mueller finding no evidence of collusion"...and that was just me pushing play in a random spot on the video.

Are you really going to tell me those are equally sensational and divisive?

Really?
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 11:44 AM 03-12-2019
This is quite well done as it looks at the state of News....not a take left or right, Fox vs anything....good read....

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...mueller-report

Some news days remind me of that Yogi Berra line about the restaurant where “nobody goes there anymore; it’s too crowded.”

The Twitterverse’s biggest topic today involves truly obnoxious and idiotic comments that TV news personality Tucker Carlson made 10 or 20 or a gazillion years ago when talking to shock jocks and trying to be funny. My colleague Erin Dunne had the best take on that teapot tempest this morning, which was basically that conservatives shouldn’t defend Carlson’s remarks — not that Carlson really defended them — but it’s also reasonable to object to the “social justice outrage mob” that is pointlessly digging up old sludge.

It’s not real news.

With the defense of Ilhan Omar, will Democrats change their 2020 party platform on Israel?
Watch Full Screen to Skip Ads
What would ordinarily be news is the budget proposal released by President Trump today. Unfortunately, this is also a yawner. In 2017, Trump proposed a plan similarly dedicated to fiscal rectitude, but then spent no more than about 17 nanoseconds working to push it through Congress. Instead, even with two years of Republican majorities in both the House and the Senate, the Trumpublicans pushed through the single largest expansion of federal spending in nonwar, low-unemployment U.S. history.

Nobody should pretend that budget was the fault of congressional leaders Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell. Trump had multiple Cabinet members and White House staff who could have called members of Congress to twist their arms to vote for it.

Because there’s no reason to believe the president really means it, Trump’s showy, shammy budget proposal is not real news.

The White House held its first “daily” press briefing in about six weeks: press secretary Sarah Sanders dodged questions and CNN’s Jim Acosta blatantly editorialized ( starting at 2:03 here) rather than ask a question. Again, yawn. We’ve seen that whole scenario more times than the average "Friends" or "Seinfeld" episode. If it’s not new, it’s not news.

Somebody else on Fox News said something to which the Left objects. The ever-ignorant Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said something to which the Right objects. Another person proved that climbing inside a zoo enclosure is dangerous. And for about the 93rd week in a row, special counsel Robert Mueller’s report might be released this week, proving either that President Trump is a conscious agent of the Kremlin or more innocent than Snow White — or maybe more innocent than the Kremlin and a conscious agent of Snow White, or something like that. Either way, it’s Armageddon or Twittergeddon, for sure.

The banality of American news cycles is becoming oppressive. The level of public debate — Swamp Creature! Racist! Cuck! One-percenter! — is as elevated as Death Valley National Park. Each side hates the other more passionately than Red Sox and Yankees fans. And Lord forbid that anyone try to slow down the official Cycle of Outrage.

More than 70 years ago, even before Facebook and cyber-clouds, conservative philosopher Richard Weaver lamented “ the great stereopticon,” concisely described by one reviewer as “the technologically enhanced thought control to which we are subjected by newspapers, film, radio, and television.” Obviously, modern technology and social media has made the stereopticon more pervasive, intrusive, and mind-numbing than ever.

Please, America, can’t we do better than this?

If and when we actually do better, I hope somebody texts me to let me know.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:46 AM 03-12-2019
I get that.

What I dont understand is your level of anger/rage/whateveritis about Fox when in fact CNN/MSNBC and a host of lesser channels are no different. Yet you chose to select Fox and not be inclusive in your commentary.

Any link to the headline you mentioned? Google shows zero hits to a Headline on Fox like that.
Once can only take Detox's comments and surmise that he actually never watches FOX, CNN, or MSNBC. Its that far off base.

I guess if you only turned on Carlson or Hannity and never turned on CNN or MSNBC you might think what he does.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:47 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
So please, here you go. You don't even have to watch tonight. Just watch the video i posted and the video in the OP.

Write down all the segment headlines from both videos, compare them and then explain to me how CNN is worse.
Yea doing a 1 night comparison will prove something. Good grief man.
[Reply]
Detoxing 11:47 AM 03-12-2019
Welp, looks like that CNN video was taken down. Guess you will have to watch tonight if you don't believe me.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 11:49 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Once can only take Detox's comments and surmise that he actually never watches FOX, CNN, or MSNBC. Its that far off base.

I guess if you only turned on Carlson or Hannity and never turned on CNN or MSNBC you might think what he does.

I believe him re:gym TVs....I see same thing. But I believe we see everything through our own bias filter. If you are a left leaner you automatically look at things Fox does you dislike and have zero interest in the content.

Also, gym TVs have no sound and the subtitles suck balls, so for example you fail to hear or see the snark on CNN only whatever is on the screen.
[Reply]
Detoxing 11:50 AM 03-12-2019

Yea doing a 1 night comparison will prove something. Good grief man.
JFC man, i provided you with evidence. I provided you with MULTIPLE quotes. Sadly CNN pulled the video just now.

No, it's not just ONE NIGHT.

It's every goddamn night i go to the gym, which is 4-5 night a week. And again, i see BOTH.

Stop thinking someone is lying to all tyhe goddamn time.

Don't believe me? Look for yourself, write it down.

The fact that you can come in here and state something as stupid as you just did, despite everything i've laid out in this thread is just :-)

"Just one night" :-)

It's EVERY night. Every. Fucking. Night.

Look for yourself. You seem to think everyone is lying to you all the damn time.

Look for yourself, since apparently me laying it all out for you isn't good enough.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:53 AM 03-12-2019
Welp, looks like that CNN video was taken down. Guess you will have to watch tonight if you don't believe me.
Here is an idea, how about you watch Bret Baier, Chris Cavuto, Shepard Smith, Outnumbered or any of the other shows that aren't focused solely on opinion commentary?

Your problem is you take Carlson or Hannity and claim that's all FOX news is which tells me you don't actually watch much.
[Reply]
Detoxing 11:53 AM 03-12-2019
I believe him re:gym TVs....I see same thing. But I believe we see everything through our own bias filter. If you are a left leaner you automatically look at things Fox does you dislike and have zero interest in the content.
I quoted the CNN video, headline by headline for you guys before it was removed.

Compare them. Please do. Read them. Compare them.

Do it again tonight. And tomorrow.

I agree HCF, we all have our bias and we all view the world through it. Some things however are too egregiously obvious to ignore.

Marce, stop thinking everyone is fucking lying to you and observe it yourself.

Don't just tell me, "oh oh ive watched CNN before...". No. Sit down, take notes and compare them.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:55 AM 03-12-2019
JFC man, i provided you with evidence. I provided you with MULTIPLE quotes. Sadly CNN pulled the video just now.

No, it's not just ONE NIGHT.

It's every goddamn night i go to the gym, which is 4-5 night a week. And again, i see BOTH.

Stop thinking someone is lying to all tyhe goddamn time.

Don't believe me? Look for yourself, write it down.

The fact that you can come in here and state something as stupid as you just did, despite everything i've laid out in this thread is just :-)

"Just one night" :-)

It's EVERY night. Every. ****ing. Night.

Look for yourself. You seem to think everyone is lying to you all the damn time.

Look for yourself, since apparently me laying it all out for you isn't good enough.
Don't try to sell meDon Lemon is remotely objective dude, you will lose.

You just admitted you only watch Carlson and Hannity just like I suspected. You don't even understand the concept of the programming and the difference between opinion commentary and news.

Don't call me stupid when you dont get that.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 14
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up