ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Tucker Carlson vs. the Great American Outrage Machine
Taco John 01:22 AM 03-12-2019

[Reply]
Detoxing 11:18 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Do you think it’s false? I saw a lot of people on the left “outraged” (their word) that Manafort’s sentence wasn’t as stiff as guidelines recommend. There’s a lot of inexplicable personal animosity toward Manafort on the left.
There's a big difference between thinking some one got off light and someone wishing death, don't you think?

And the way something is worded matters. Use the right trigger words to anger and motivate your base. Fox News certainly knows their trigger words. Their segment headlines do everything they can to instill the idea that "The Left" has completely lost their minds and that they're a bunch of hostile, America haters that want to see this country rot. It's the same thing everyday, just a different story. But the end game is, "See? The left is crazy!"

And then i log in here and see you guys saying the same shit, damn near verbatim.

If you don't believe me, then lets try it tonight. 7pm PST/9PM CST?

Take notes between the two channels and lets discuss it tomorrow.
[Reply]
Detoxing 11:21 AM 03-12-2019
:-)

Just look at the segment headline as soon as you push play on the OP: "Left's latest attack on free speech and opposition".

It's like they're incapable of not saying "The left".

When you compare tonight, Patt (if you even care to), check to see how many times CNN refers to "The Right" with a generalized, sensational headline.
[Reply]
Detoxing 11:23 AM 03-12-2019
"What not to do when the Mob comes knocking"

Again, asserting that the left is just a mob that's out of control.
[Reply]
Detoxing 11:24 AM 03-12-2019
"Left only cares about power, not principles"
[Reply]
Detoxing 11:24 AM 03-12-2019
"Republican Leaders are controlled by the Left"
[Reply]
Detoxing 11:25 AM 03-12-2019
"The Left is shocked only when it's truthful to them"
[Reply]
Detoxing 11:25 AM 03-12-2019
"Left's Crackdown on Dissent"
[Reply]
Detoxing 11:26 AM 03-12-2019
And i'm only 7 minutes into the segment! Do you not see the pattern here?
[Reply]
patteeu 11:26 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
False. He gives the news (his version), then comments on it. He is delivering "news."
No, commentators discuss the news, but youíre on notice that the show is opinion based.
[Reply]
Detoxing 11:27 AM 03-12-2019
"The left" "The left" "The left" "The left" "The left" "The left" "The left"

Then i log in here:

"The left" "The left" "The left" "The left" "The left" "The left" "The left"
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 11:28 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Best to not watch the news at all. I do get weather news on TV most nights.

If you see Fox as fear mongering propaganda, is CNN or MSNBC about the same just a different starting place?

Where do you go for reputable news?
Nope!
[Reply]
Detoxing 11:29 AM 03-12-2019
No, commentators discuss the news, but youíre on notice that the show is opinion based.
And those opinions get treated as fact by the viewers because it confirms their bias, and serve to sway the opinions of the public and reinforce any bias they may already have (that Fox has helped to cultivate).

Which they do.

You know that though.
[Reply]
patteeu 11:29 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
They report different stories based on what they think their base wants to hear, and what they think favors their side. As i've been observing, i can't say i ever recall them discussing the same story at the same time.

From what i've observed, both are sensationalist. One is far more passive than the other.

Fox is outright aggressive and hostile.

From my observation, CNN spends more time discussing a single topic with their discussion panels. Fox News will cycle through 3-4 headlines for the same topic while CNN may have 1-2 headlines for the entire 10-15min duration.

Check it out tonight. Maybe we can discuss it tomorrow.

I'll also add that., because i'm seeing this at the Gym, im not listening to anything. There's no sound and i have music on anyway.

This is an observation of what i can SEE on the screens.
You donít have to convince me that Fox tailors itís product for its audience. But Iíve watched a lot of CNN and youíre going to have a hard time convincing me that Fox does it to a greater extent than CNN.
[Reply]
Detoxing 11:31 AM 03-12-2019
You donít have to convince me that Fox tailors itís product for its audience. But Iíve watched a lot of CNN and youíre going to have a hard time convincing me that Fox does it to a greater extent than CNN.
"I" don't have to convince you of anything.

If you care to compare, all you have to do is flip on the T.V tonight, take notes, and have an honest evaluation with yourself.

And if you want to discuss it, again, i'll partake in this experiment with you tonight and we can discuss it tomorrow.

If not, then you really don't care.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 11:31 AM 03-12-2019

Correct but as Detox has said this thread is about Fox, so ......
[Reply]
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up