ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 14
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Tucker Carlson vs. the Great American Outrage Machine
Taco John 01:22 AM 03-12-2019

[Reply]
Detoxing 11:01 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
BTW detoxing, I donít have any problem with you as a poster. I just donít think youíre the objective center that you seem to think you are.
What's funny about that is, is that here i'm labeled a liberal. At home i'm a conservative. Constantly accused of supporting Trump because i don't always agree with what friends and family say about a subject.

Seems that none of you know where to place me on this.

To me, that tells me i'm more objective than most.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 11:03 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
Menials have turned off CNN and they are going after Tuckers advertisers.
CNN:
Welcome views, today we will discuss a controversial topic. We have brought in two of the top people in their respective fields to discuss whether the earth is flat. One is a professor of geology at a respected institution and has written many peer-review essays.

The other seeks to prove the earth is flat by launching himself as high as he can get in a balloon with a go-pro.

We will give each of these two equal time and respect. We report. You decide.

Most people under 40:

:-)

::Changes Channel::
[Reply]
patteeu 11:03 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
This thread is about Fox and one of their show hosts. Again, i have said that CNN manipulates. I don't excuse them for that. But to say that they're the same degree? No. Not at all.

Have you bothered looking?

I have no reason to lie about this. I go to the gym 4-5 times a week. At the gym, i'm able to see both Fox News and CNN side by side and the differences are stark. If you don't believe me, try it yourself. Flip back and forth between Fox and CNN and write down the segment headlines and compare the two.

T.V segment headlines, not print headlines.

Another observation: Fox News will roll through a cycle of about 3-4 Headlines per segment. CNN cycles between 1-2 Headlines. Meaningless? Maybe. Interesting though.

I encourage everyone who actually cares about this to try it. Lets compare notes tomorrow. Im usually at the gym around 7pm PST, so probably what, 9pm your time?

Watch. Write them down. Compare them. Do it for yourself if nothing else. Please.
Whatís your thesis? That the two networks generate a different number of headlines per unit time? That they report different stories? That they report the same stories with different spin or emphasis?
[Reply]
Detoxing 11:04 AM 03-12-2019
I don't recall any Fox News headlines last night. I do recall CNN's since it was right in front of my face for about 20 minutes.

"Don's take: If you'll like about anything, you'll lie about everything".

Just for comparison's sake, again, the headline the other day on Fox:

"The Left disappointed Manafort won't die in prison".

If no one doesn't see a difference in that. Ok. Maybe i'm crazy then.
[Reply]
srvy 11:04 AM 03-12-2019
Reads like a Fox News headline.

"Unhinged Left Freaks Out"

My favorite one from the other day: "The Left disappointed Manafort won't die in jail"

It's no wonder why you guys talk the way you do. The place just regurgitates everything on Fox News.
Ah how would you know this if you dont watch FOX News. I dont get fox news I cut the cord years ago but you seem to know a lot about it. Regular viewer are ya?
[Reply]
cosmo20002 11:05 AM 03-12-2019
Is there a history of white people being compared to monkeys as a racial insult? What a stupid ****ing question and i know you know better.

WTF has happened to you this last year?
Part of it is that patteeu, and a few others, have never, ever, not once, recognized anything as "racist."
[Reply]
Loneiguana 11:05 AM 03-12-2019
I don't recall any Fox News headlines last night. I do recall CNN's since it was right in front of my face for about 20 minutes.

Actual News Headlines Vs. Fox News Headlines:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/actu...news-headlines
[Reply]
cosmo20002 11:06 AM 03-12-2019
Itís not supposed to be news. Itís commentary.

I bet your friends would think youíre a moron for coming to ChiefsPlanet for your political news.
False. He gives the news (his version), then comments on it. He is delivering "news."
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 11:07 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Ah how would you know this if you dont watch FOX News. I dont get fox news I cut the cord years ago but you seem to know a lot about it. Regular viewer are ya?
I rarely watch Fox much but if you pay any attention to what they say it's clear they've been running the same playbook for years.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 11:07 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Part of it is that patteeu, and a few others, have never, ever, not once, recognized anything as "racist."
I think Patty was scared there he might have too. But then he remembered... "Wait, I can avoid and deflect from that comment by whatabouting and then throw a temper tantrum when people don't take the bait"

Now he'll ignore it and pretend it never happened.
[Reply]
patteeu 11:09 AM 03-12-2019

Do you think itís false? I saw a lot of people on the left ďoutragedĒ (their word) that Manafortís sentence wasnít as stiff as guidelines recommend. Thereís a lot of inexplicable personal animosity toward Manafort on the left.
[Reply]
Detoxing 11:09 AM 03-12-2019
Whatís your thesis? That the two networks generate a different number of headlines per unit time? That they report different stories? That they report the same stories with different spin or emphasis?
They report different stories based on what they think their base wants to hear, and what they think favors their side. As i've been observing, i can't say i ever recall them discussing the same story at the same time.

From what i've observed, both are sensationalist. One is far more passive than the other.

Fox is outright aggressive and hostile.

From my observation, CNN spends more time discussing a single topic with their discussion panels. Fox News will cycle through 3-4 headlines for the same topic while CNN may have 1-2 headlines for the entire 10-15min duration.

Check it out tonight. Maybe we can discuss it tomorrow.

I'll also add that., because i'm seeing this at the Gym, im not listening to anything. There's no sound and i have music on anyway.

This is an observation of what i can SEE on the screens.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 11:11 AM 03-12-2019
Do you think itís false? I saw a lot of people on the left ďoutragedĒ (their word) that Manafortís sentence wasnít as stiff as guidelines recommend. Thereís a lot of inexplicable personal animosity toward Manafort on the left.
Thinking Manafort got off light (Because money) compared to the thousands of people we lock up longer for drug minor drug offense = "disappointed won't die in prison"

It's no wonder why you guys talk the way you do. The place just regurgitates everything on Fox News.

[Reply]
Detoxing 11:13 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Again, i see it nearly everyday to some degree.

And even before that, yeah, i'd watch some Fox News. I'd watch some CNN too. That's how i came to the conclusion that i did.

It's all trash and our country would be far better off if neither existed.
[Reply]
patteeu 11:13 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
False. It only seems that way to you because you see so much racism that isnít real.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 14
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up