ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 14
< 123 456713 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Tucker Carlson vs. the Great American Outrage Machine
Taco John 01:22 AM 03-12-2019

[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 09:23 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
So what's the limit of what you can't say as a right-winger these days? The N-word? Anything else? Clearly underage girls are ok.

And of course the religious right will still go to bat for this guy and get their bibles signed by Trump. Because lol nothing matters anymore.
Impeach Carlson?
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:35 AM 03-12-2019
So what's the limit of what you can't say as a right-winger these days? The N-word? Anything else? Clearly underage girls are ok.

And of course the religious right will still go to bat for this guy and get their bibles signed by Trump. Because lol nothing matters anymore.

Should we have standards of what is allowed for "right wingers"? What would you like to see imposed and how will we police there speech?
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 09:42 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Should we have standards of what is allowed for "right wingers"? What would you like to see imposed and how will we police there speech?
What we'd like to see is the right take out their own trash, but all you guys seem to do is give these people more power and influence.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 09:46 AM 03-12-2019
Hey gramps, back in your day when America was great and everything... what would happen to some older pervy guy who publicly makes perverted comments about underage girls?

I get the impression that type of deviancy was sometimes "policed".

Anyway, at the very least, cons could ostracize and socially distance themselves from people who make those types of comments.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:47 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
What we'd like to see is the right take out their own trash, but all you guys seem to do is give these people more power and influence.

Damn that vote idea anyway.

You can understand why some countries prefer kings and military rulers, even dictators. We probably need to consider getting a benevolent dictator to clean the trash out.

Would also address suzzers desire to silence the rightwingers
[Reply]
Shields68 09:53 AM 03-12-2019
Given the controversy and left freak out over CNN hiring a Republican to be a political editor it is clear that their position is that Republicans should not be allowed in the media. Like this is about Carlson saying something shocking on shock radio a decade ago.
[Reply]
Detoxing 09:53 AM 03-12-2019
Tucker Carlson has the most punchable face i've ever seen.

It's become a daily joke every time i see Fox News on. Their fear mongering propaganda is out of control.

How any of you watch that shit is beyond me. It's sad, sad, sad that anyone can call that garbage reputable news.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:56 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Tucker Carlson has the most punchable face i've ever seen.

It's become a daily joke every time i see Fox News on. Their fear mongering propaganda is out of control.

How any of you watch that shit is beyond me. It's sad, sad, sad that anyone can call that garbage reputable news.

Best to not watch the news at all. I do get weather news on TV most nights.

If you see Fox as fear mongering propaganda, is CNN or MSNBC about the same just a different starting place?

Where do you go for reputable news?
[Reply]
Detoxing 09:57 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Shields68:
Given the controversy and left freak out over CNN hiring a Republican to be a political editor it is clear that their position is that Republicans should not be allowed in the media. Like this is about Carlson saying something shocking on shock radio a decade ago.
Reads like a Fox News headline.

"Unhinged Left Freaks Out"

My favorite one from the other day: "The Left disappointed Manafort won't die in jail"

:-)

It's no wonder why you guys talk the way you do. The place just regurgitates everything on Fox News.
[Reply]
patteeu 10:01 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Naturally, he's more of a conservative than you are, even if not in one area. Ya' know limited govt which includes a more restrained FP than currently.
Yeah, heís a recent convert to populism (e.g. Gephard-like protectionism) and Paulian isolationism. Maybe heís sincere, maybe not, but either way, thatís not my idea of conservatism. Heís right on a lot of things, but on those his pandering leaves me cold.
[Reply]
Detoxing 10:02 AM 03-12-2019
Best to not watch the news at all. I do get weather news on TV most nights.

If you see Fox as fear mongering propaganda, is CNN or MSNBC about the same just a different starting place?

Where do you go for reputable news?
I knew someone would say CNN, was waiting for that. I don't care about CNN either. They do their thing too. They just do it differently.

Like i said the other day, CNN creates artificial talking points to create drama, and then assembles a panel to discuss their made up drama.

Fox News is in all out war mode. They're much more brash and abrasive. Everything that flashes by their screen is some form of how "The Left" (gotta love that generalization) going absolutely crazy and waging war on America. It's PURE straight up divisive fear mongering. It's CNN kicked up a couple notches. They repeat the same shit every single day.

I mean, the headline "The Left disappointed Manfort won't die in prison" says it all. And it's headline after headline just like that.

And to answer your question of where i get my news: Here. I watch you all discuss the topics. I read your links. I look at your sources. I look at the arguments presented and base it off that. Reading differing opinions is the only way to really put it all together.
[Reply]
Detoxing 10:04 AM 03-12-2019
When i watch Fox News all i can think of is that we're fucked as a country. They're feeding you sensationalized garbage narratives, and so many people have bought in hard, that there's no going back.

I know it to be true, because i re-read the same shit right here on this forum.

The shit is mind rot. So, so bad. Yet it's parroted by Millions.

We're fucked.
[Reply]
patteeu 10:06 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
No, no you didn't.

TUCKER CARLSON: I totally disagree. If I didn't like Canada, I wouldn't consider it worth invading. I mean, Iraq is a crappy place filled with a bunch of, you know, semiliterate primitive monkeys -- that's why it wasn't worth invading.

Now cons, explain what calling anyone, any ethnicity, or nationality a "semi literate primitive monkey" isn't a bigoted or racist remark.

I need a good "God damn" laugh today.
Was it bigoted and racist when liberals, including many around here, compared GWBush to a chimp?
[Reply]
Detoxing 10:07 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Was it bigoted and racist when liberals, including many around here, compared GWBush to a chimp?
Is there a history of white people being compared to monkeys as a racial insult? What a stupid fucking question and i know you know better.

WTF has happened to you this last year?
[Reply]
patteeu 10:10 AM 03-12-2019

The 1st amendment?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 14
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up