ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 15
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Calling my shot: your 2020 winner will be.....
Prison Bitch 09:59 AM 02-27-2019
Beto O’Rourke.

Pay no attention to his shitty odds right now (i.e. getting 7 cents on Predicit)
[Reply]
NinerDoug 10:57 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by Taco John:
JFK lost to the guy who lost to Eisenhower twice.

Then he became Prez.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 11:30 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Doug Jones and Stacy Abrams are bad examples because they're social liberals. Beto is just a brand, no substance. But where rural progressives like buttigieg have had success in middle America.... They tend to lean pro life, lean pro gun, talk about family values. But more importantly, they did a lot of grassroots stuff... Knocking on doors and talking to people, And they focus a ton on working class labor. they have a window to win on labor. Local dems were once pro union, pro labor. Buttigieg brings up a great point that politicians care about getting re-elected so they'd rather build sexy roads and bridges, while critical local infrastructure like wastewater gets ignored.

Basically, iyou can convince a steel worker or a farmer that youll give them a better work environment and you try not to piss them off on social values issues, they have a big window. Especially since many of these local repubs are often huge on moral issues but completely ignore all the other stuff.

Local progressivism is the best way for dems to win a general election. Dems will win Cali, NY, the west, etc... No matter what. The key is turning a few red states blue and several of those states turned red by inches.
Yea, that's the key and it should be easy enough for the Dems to do without trying to pretend to be a Repub in Repub country. All they really need to do is get women and blacks to the polls. Michigan and Pennsylvania can very, very easily be flipped back blue without all the hocus pocus, IMO. I'm sure that will be the Dems strategy. Of course, that's just my guess.
[Reply]
Detoxing 11:35 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I still think he's more sizzle than substance for now
And what exactly were Trump and Obama?

America doesn't give a damn about substance. It's all about sizzle.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:40 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
Yea, that's the key and it should be easy enough for the Dems to do without trying to pretend to be a Repub in Repub country. All they really need to do is get women and blacks to the polls. Michigan and Pennsylvania can very, very easily be flipped back blue without all the hocus pocus, IMO. I'm sure that will be the Dems strategy. Of course, that's just my guess.
Certainly didn’t help that President Butt-f*** let Paul Ryano wreck his Presidency and turn him into a Jeb! Bush. We didn’t vote for that and there’s zero chance in hell we’d do it twice.
[Reply]
theoldcoach 11:50 AM 02-28-2019
Trump will win bigly!
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:52 AM 02-28-2019
I was on the first bandwagon for Obama and I see alot of Obama in Beto so I definitely consider him my favorite if he decides to run..with one caveat which is I have to know what his plan for health care is.
[Reply]
Iowanian 11:58 AM 02-28-2019
Beta O'Dork will not be POTUS.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 11:59 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
JFK lost to the guy who lost to Eisenhower twice.

Then he became Prez.
Yep.

Richard Nixon lost the 1962 California gubernatorial race. Then he announced his retirement from politics with this famous "You won't have Nixon to kick around anymore" speech.

Then he became Prez.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 12:01 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Beta O'Dork will not be POTUS.
I don't see it happening in 2020. But I think he has an excellent chance in future elections, your obvious personal disdain for him notwithstanding.
[Reply]
Iowanian 12:03 PM 02-28-2019
I don't hate the guy, I just think he's a skirt wearing, poser.

Robert Francis should probably get the Elizabeth Warren treatment for his self promoted fake-Mexican-Uncle moniker.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:04 PM 02-28-2019
Trump.

I fully expect that Dems are going to hamfist a "moderate" down their bases throats again and results will go as expected.
[Reply]
Cave Johnson 12:14 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I was on the first bandwagon for Obama and I see alot of Obama in Beto so I definitely consider him my favorite if he decides to run..with one caveat which is I have to know what his plan for health care is.
Since 1976, Dens have won the presidency by nominating young, energetic guys.

I see no reason to deviate from the script.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 12:18 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Certainly didn’t help that President Butt-f*** let Paul Ryano wreck his Presidency and turn him into a Jeb! Bush. We didn’t vote for that and there’s zero chance in hell we’d do it twice.
I guess time will tell, but I think you are jumping the gun with that prediction. How many of us "voted against" Hillary the first go around? I think until we see what the Dems put up for sure, there is no way to know who will and won't vote for Trump again. I know you personally probably won't, but many would hold their nose and vote against a bad candidate. I know I will/would.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 12:23 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Trump.

I fully expect that Dems are going to hamfist a "moderate" down their bases throats again and results will go as expected.
I'm not real familiar with many of the players on the Dem side of the ball, mostly just the clowns of the party we see in the news near daily. But are there many moderates left in the party? I mean, that would have enough name recognition to compete on the national level? Like it or not, that is huge when it comes to a national election. Obama did win being a relative unknown, but that is the exception, not the rule.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:24 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
And what exactly were Trump and Obama?

America doesn't give a damn about substance. It's all about sizzle.
It's possible. Beto is charismatic and can really work social media. Obama and Trump both share a really good understanding of messaging. Obama can give one hell of a speech even if he didn't say much. Trump for all the criticism of his tweets has a masterful way of communicating to get his base fired up. Maybe beto can do the same thing, but I think Obama and Trump raise a high bar if all were talking about is sizzle.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 15
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up