ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 22
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Calling my shot: your 2020 winner will be.....
Prison Bitch 09:59 AM 02-27-2019
Beto O’Rourke.

Pay no attention to his shitty odds right now (i.e. getting 7 cents on Predicit)
[Reply]
Taco John 11:43 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Ruh roh if true

Be afraid son. Be very afraid.
No.

I'm not afraid of the next Democrat loser who uses his failure as a springboard for more failure. This guy is clownshoes.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 11:48 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
They are not the same thing. You still need a human to run a cotton gin. New automation doesn't need much once mass produced doesn't require human thought. It will create some jobs, but not nearly as many as it eliminates. And those jobs that are created will tend to be higher skill, which is a problem for low skill workers.
https://youtu.be/-TzQiJQiXMA
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:52 PM 02-27-2019
UBI is an interesting one. He's hitting on a really big nerve here.... Automation is coming and it's coming like a bullet train. At least he's offering solutions instead of delaying the inevitable. I think middle America will at least listen to what he says here. He's really adamant about needing to get ahead of the automation boom.
I forget where it was tried already but it failed massively. Done away with.

You're no Rand Paul fan as you claimed if you believe in that type of tripe being necessary. The state won't effectively deal with the automation boom. It's a hamfisted way of dealing with things. You can't be statist and then claim to think Rand is your man.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:54 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by Taco John:
No.

I'm not afraid of the next Democrat loser who uses his failure as a springboard for more failure. This guy is clownshoes.
The problem is the youth, the push to allow 16 year olds to vote, ballot stuffing being made legal, Pelosi's bill to allow illegals to vote in local, state and federal elections. The left has already allowed illegals to vote in some local areas but they won't stop there. Then there's the continued brainwashing in the schools as early as age 5, which may be more longterm than the next election, but the left is very busy, especially with the youth.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:40 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I forget where it was tried already but it failed massively. Done away with.

You're no Rand Paul fan as you claimed if you believe in that type of tripe being necessary. The state won't effectively deal with the automation boom. It's a hamfisted way of dealing with things. You can't be statist and then claim to think Rand is your man.
I don't believe in UBI. I'm commenting that at least he's acknowledging that automation is coming instead of kicking the can down the road. So what, your solution is to give Trump a standing o for bragging about jobs he saved that a few months later get automated away. I applaud the creativity.

And the state can effectively help adjust to automation. That's candyland thinking that a change this drastic happens overnight or that the free market is some kind of magic fix all. I think trade education and needed infrastructure (not more roads and bridges) is a great way to do it. It's also just flat out unrealistic to believe that we'll create more jobs than we lose, and population control aint happening overnight.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 01:01 AM 02-28-2019
https://youtu.be/ki4-huq1eVc
This is a long video. You won't agree with some of his politics. But it is well measured and definitely shows the guys intelligence and . Plenty critical of his own party's failings. Plenty complimentary about what Trump did right. I also encourage you to check out how some progressive dems won in iowa and other small elections. Moderated social positions like abortion, dialed up family values. Really jacked up labor issues and it's a place where the social mobility platforms really play well.
Thanks for the link. Yea, it's a little longer than I care to watch, I am just mildly curious. I made it to around 12:00. He does appear to be a smooth politician for sure. Talked that long and said really nothing that I cared to hear. He really hammered Democrats stressing their values and that is the very thing, IMO, that turns rural America off. And his 30ish second speech on I love Obama around minute 10 or so ain't gonna do him any favors with rurals either. :-)

Stopped watching there so maybe things went in a different direction after that point, but I didn't hear anything that would win him any votes in my district anyways. But my district is mostly what I call 2nd Amendment Republicans. Have a solid pro 2nd stance, you win here.

Also, your mention of Iowa.
I have mentioned here before, but Iowa and Colorado are 2 Midwest states where I don't understand their voting patterns if you will. Why do they lean Dem? I don't know, but they do. So I have learned to take any election results in those states with a grain of salt. I don't think you should read too much into any elections from either one of those states. That's just my take, of course.
[Reply]
007 04:26 AM 02-28-2019
Not the American people.
[Reply]
Cave Johnson 05:03 AM 02-28-2019
Beto. Dude is a charismatic candidate and raised a shit ton from small donors (myself included) in his 2018 race.

Kamala is a good candidate, but I have some serious doubts that a black woman could win in 2020 America.

Biden is gonna faceplant, just like all the other times his retread ass has run.
[Reply]
Cave Johnson 05:20 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by Taco John:
Is the 2020 Presidential race just in TX too??

JFC you’re a moron.
[Reply]
Cave Johnson 05:26 AM 02-28-2019
Beto isn’t nearly left enough for him to be my ideal candidate, but I’ll take electability over ideology.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...pital-and-main
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:22 AM 02-28-2019
Predictit has current odds at:

Dems: 66%
Chump: 34%

So Beto at 7%, is getting only about 1/10 the entire allotment of Dem odds? That’s nothing. That’s a tasty play !
[Reply]
stevieray 07:24 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Kamala is a good candidate, but I have some serious doubts that a black woman could win in 2020 America.
aww, that dem one drop rule still in effect.

so racist..
[Reply]
baitism 07:47 AM 02-28-2019

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:58 AM 02-28-2019
They need to nom him for no other reason than to go after the Big Kahuna. If he we’re to take Texas, it would be such a shocking blow psychologically the GOP would never recover.
[Reply]
Donger 08:05 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
They need to nom him for no other reason than to go after the Big Kahuna. If he we’re to take Texas, it would be such a shocking blow psychologically the GOP would never recover.
Why do you want the GOP to fail?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 22
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up