ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 15
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Calling my shot: your 2020 winner will be.....
Prison Bitch 09:59 AM 02-27-2019
Beto O’Rourke.

Pay no attention to his shitty odds right now (i.e. getting 7 cents on Predicit)
[Reply]
Eleazar 02:07 PM 02-27-2019
If I were picking someone in the pool I'd probably take Harris at this point. She's all but been crowned the media darling, she'll get unlimited amounts of free and friendly publicity from that. Everybody else on that side of the aisle has glaring issues. She checks all the identity politics boxes, including the willingness to appeal to it at every turn. I am guessing it'll be her.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:11 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Your second sentence contradicts the first. He doesn't have the best shot of any dem.
If he makes it past the primary he'd have a better if not best shot. Unlike most of the other candidates who would walk into certain slaughter in the general election.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:12 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
If I were picking someone in the pool I'd probably take Harris at this point. She's all but been crowned the media darling, she'll get unlimited amounts of free and friendly publicity from that. Everybody else on that side of the aisle has glaring issues. She checks all the identity politics boxes, including the willingness to appeal to it at every turn. I am guessing it'll be her.
I think she's the favorite. And boy would that be an outright disaster for the dems.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:16 PM 02-27-2019
Nobody. Nobody is winning from this shitshow that is the popularity contest for the Balkanized States of America.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:18 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Irrelevant^^^^

Beto just needs minorities, and 18-35 to show up. (Single women are a lock). Union voters and Rust Belt folks will be nonfactors in 2020.
I don't think millennials are necessarily a lock. Progressives don't seem to love him. And to get young voters to the poll you need someone on a bernie sanders level of energy to mobilize them. Obama had the charisma to sidestep a lack of understanding of the issues. Beto isn't that. Hes purely a brand with absolutely no substance.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:26 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Obama had the charisma to sidestep a lack of understanding of the issues. Beto isn't that. Hes purely a brand with absolutely no substance.
He almost pulled off the biggest upset in decades - bigger than Trump IMO - losing by 2 points in the state with the longest streak of one party statewide wins. Like someone almost toppling Chuck Schumer in NY.

Sorry, but there’s a “there” there.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:43 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Never say never, but I don't know if a white male will be the answer for the left.

No chance it’s a white dude. The left is fully against white males right now. The Oscars were a perfect example of where the left is right now.
[Reply]
B_Ambuehl 06:29 PM 02-27-2019
If the democrats were smart they'd get behind Andrew Yang. I think he's the only candidate that can swing republican voters. In fact his policies are most about helping the working class voter. He's the only candidate talking about how technological changes are quickly eliminating millions of jobs and talking about the real reasons why Trump won:

https://www.facebook.com/andrewyang2...1512037080814/

https://www.facebook.com/andrewyang2...4533988552569/

$1000 month for everybody gives dems their free shit. Read his campaign announcement letter most of it sounds like something only a republican would write:

Originally Posted by :
I'm writing with some big news to share—I'm running for President as a Democrat in 2020. This is not something I arrived at lightly. I'm running because I'm confident that we are going to automate away millions of jobs in the next number of years and we need big changes to get through this time. The elimination of 4 million manufacturing jobs in Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania and other midwestern states gave us Donald Trump. The displacement of retail workers, truck drivers, fast food workers, call center workers, etc. will strain our society beyond repair.

The simple truth is that our technology is advancing faster than our labor market can adapt—I know this better than most because of my work with Venture for America.

I have met with some of the leading politicians in the Democratic Party and they express in private that these concerns are real, but that we "can't talk about them." We are capable of far better than this - we need to own the challenges of this era and rise to meet them, or else we will be left degenerating and fighting the symptoms of diminishing opportunities at every turn.

The deeper you dig into the numbers, the clearer it gets that automation is already tearing our society apart. Consider that our labor participation rate is at a multi-decade low of 62.7% even after 10 years of recovery, 1 out of 5 working-age Americans is out of the labor force, and disability claims are at record highs, as high as 20% of working-age adults in some counties. Underemployment for recent college graduates is 44%. Our social measurements are telling—7 Americans die of opioid overdoses every hour, middle-aged suicide rates are spiking, life expectancy is declining and 40% of children are born to unmarried mothers due to a crumbling marriage rate among working class adults. These are foundational problems. And they are going to get worse as the malls close and the cars start driving themselves.

Education and retraining are positive but will address only a small proportion of the problem. The data shows that our retraining programs as they are currently practiced are almost entirely ineffective—one study of the Trade Assistance Program found that recipients had lower earnings than other unemployed workers and only 37% were working in the sector for which they were supposed to be retrained. We need to stop wishing and lying to people and start solving real problems.

My platform revolves around 3 proposals:

Universal Basic Income of $1k/month per adult ("the Freedom Dividend");
Evolution to the next stage of capitalism, "Human Capitalism" geared toward optimizing around human well-being in addition to GDP; and
Single-payer healthcare—necessary in the aftermath of job reduction.

Universal Basic Income would create 4.6 million jobs and increase the size of the economy by 13% in perpetuity. It would also improve relationships and family dynamics, and provide the greatest catalyst to entrepreneurship and creativity we have ever seen.

You may not agree with me on every front. But I hope that you agree that we need to elevate meaningful solutions. I also hope that you're excited to have me as a spokesperson for new approaches. We have a great team that feels like the best of startups. And we could use your energy and passion.

For those of you who have felt a measure of despair these past months, I'm with you, and I hope that you are excited by the launch of my campaign. We can improve the lives of our fellow citizens and make our country one that we will all be proud to have our children grow up in. We have that power. But no one will do it for us—we're going to have to do it ourselves. Look forward to going on this journey with you—let's show what we can do.

Yours gratefully,

- Andrew

[Reply]
Taco John 06:43 PM 02-27-2019
There is no one that will be able to beat Trump. The idea that Beto is the guy who can do it is just strange.
[Reply]
Taco John 06:54 PM 02-27-2019
America: We are so sick of Democrats that we're willing to elect a reality show host that bleeds RedWhiteandBlue, tramples all over political correctness, and is unapologetically masculine.

PB: This is a clear sign that America is ready for Beto, a mealy-mouthed politician who is more effeminate than Obama. He speaks spanish and that's what people want.
[Reply]
patteeu 06:59 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl:
If the democrats were smart they'd get behind Andrew Yang. I think he's the only candidate that can swing republican voters. In fact his policies are most about helping the working class voter. He's the only candidate talking about how technological changes are quickly eliminating millions of jobs and talking about the real reasons why Trump won:

https://www.facebook.com/andrewyang2...1512037080814/

https://www.facebook.com/andrewyang2...4533988552569/

$1000 month for everybody gives dems their free shit. Read his campaign announcement letter most of it sounds like something only a republican would write:
What part do you think is appealing to Republicans?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:04 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
She’s toxic to white America. She will lose to Trump, and most Dems know this or will soon know it, or will unconsciously know it and vote Beto.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:26 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by Taco John:
America: We are so sick of Democrats that we're willing to elect a reality show host that bleeds RedWhiteandBlue, tramples all over political correctness, and is unapologetically masculine.

PB: This is a clear sign that America is ready for Beto, a mealy-mouthed politician who is more effeminate than Obama. He speaks spanish and that's what people want.

Settle down, Beto hasn’t even declared. And he may not. If he doesn’t you’re spared from my dire prediction (and you’ll be able to breathe easier and sleep better).

93% chance he isn’t Prez per Predictit folks who follow this stuff. The only thing going for him now is my predictive powers.
[Reply]
B_Ambuehl 07:27 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
What part do you think is appealing to Republicans?
Here's a direct quote from him:

Originally Posted by :
"The media isn't being honest about the reason Trump won. They're blaming racism, russia, facebook, the FBI, but if you look at the voter data on a district by district basis there's a direct correlation between the adoption of automation in that voting district and the movement towards Trump."
He talks about the true economic drivers impacting working class America. Watch this video:

He is also a capitalist entrepreneur, not a politician.

I'm not saying I prefer him but the things he talks about are real. He's also pretty tough on borders and his policies aren't built around racism, victimology, the 1%, transgenders, or whatever crap most of the other dems are running on this week.
[Reply]
patteeu 07:40 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl:
Here's a direct quote from him:

He talks about the true economic drivers impacting working class America. Watch this video:

He is also a capitalist entrepreneur, not a politician.

I'm not saying I prefer him but the things he talks about are real. He's also pretty tough on borders and his policies aren't built around racism, victimology, the 1%, transgenders, or whatever crap most of the other dems are running on this week.
Ok, it's just that of his 3 big proposals (Universal Basic Income, Single Payer Healthcare, and Human Capitalism), two are anathema to Republicans and the third is unclear but to me doesn't sound likely to have much GOP appeal.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 15
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up